EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » kidnapping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kidnapping
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
having read PCs situation, i was just wondering how much of a threat kidnapping will be for someone in that situation after they return to the west.

in britain they changed the law on kids passports so they had to have their own. this means that the father could take them out of the country as long as he had the passport.

is it like this in canada/USA/europe too?

could someone get the kids back to egypt, where she will not be able to get them back out?

PC... will you be changing their names etc?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good question....but remember, he would have to get TO Canada first....
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the US a parent cannot take a child out of the country without written approval from the other parent. When my sons traveled to Yemen I had to give written permission which specified why they were going out of the country, where they would be staying, and how long they would be staying.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Mafia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He must enter Canada and get them....and if he does....there are so many agencies that can help PC! and if he tries....oh boy....lets just say...he will be on the next flight back to Cairo in less than 24hrs...

and if he sends his buddy to Canada....he must be accepted by the interview to get a VISA which i heard is extremely hard to get and then the same thing applies if he dares to touch her kids!

rest assured...nothing can happen to her kids in Canada!

Posts: 183 | From: Toronto, Canada / Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, humour me...

he gets someone to do it for him...

which law will win... canada or egypt?

i mean, egyptian law says theyre his, but they are children abducted from canada.

?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egyptian law says they're his but canadian law will say they're hers too. I think we might be dealing with the ole' possession is 9/10 of the law.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Mafia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canadian authorites will never let their son or daughter to leave Canada....

in Canada....they care about the Canadian children like there is no tomorrow

Posts: 183 | From: Toronto, Canada / Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whichever parent has the most money wins. Isn't that the way of the world? [Frown]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

lol only if there is a custody hearing, but how can there be if one is not even a citizen?? I'm sure someone with some back ground on this international stuff will step in and enlighten us [Big Grin] Hey, where is Sono when we need her? (yes, I've got my sarcastic boots on again). [Big Grin]
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
nope....Canada wont allow them to leave....

kids there are more precious than anything else....

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
what about other countries?

i wasnt allowed to take the kids out of britain for more than 28 days... THEN he even got a paper to stop me taking them out of the country at all...

there is NOTHING to stop me going tomorrow, no checks are done at the airport, BUT once he found out we'd gone to egypt the anglo-egyptian treaty would haul the kids back faster than i could say interpol!!

i would be arrested for child abduction!!!

Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Just to let you know....you can kill and steal in Egypt....and after an hour be in Canada...and the interpol will NEVER TOUCH YOU!!!!

There is no joint treaty between Egypt and Canada

and if you have the canadian passport and Egypt says that you must appear in Giza Court for fruad....Canada will not allow you to leave Canada....

basically, you are safer in Canada than anything else!

Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aspirations (aka PC)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kids cannot leave egypt without a letter of consent sworn before an authority by the opther parent...he cant leave egypt so he cant come to canada ..military...my kids are part of my body...nobody will touch them...i was an infantry soldier in canada and according to my course report which i just received in the mail (and to my suprise) my strongest point was POW prisoner of war training. So God help the one who thinks he can come withing a mile of my offspring. Not to mention I am trained on 7 weapons and hand to hand combat, fighting in built up areas and close quarter fighting...I may not be strong "looking" but there is something to be said about military desensitization and brainwashing that can make a fart into a killing machine.
if worst comes to worst i will depend on my arctic training and run off with them to the north pole:)
im a soldier .. these shoulders hold up so much they wont budge i will never fall or fold up..im a soldier...

--------------------
cracked

Posts: 209 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, in the UK, a father cannot take his children out of the country, even with their own passports unless he has written authority from the mother.
Mum rules!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
really???..... me too... infantry... cool! i just adore FIBUA... excellent training for 4 kids in 1 hose!!!!!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
Actually, in the UK, a father cannot take his children out of the country, even with their own passports unless he has written authority from the mother.
Mum rules!

is that a fact? i didnt know that. is that just at airports?

are you sure?

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Whichever parent has the most money wins. Isn't that the way of the world? [Frown]

Snoozin, you are actually mostly right out of all these responses....

Even though you have custody in the USA or Canada you must establish custody in Egypt through family courts (Sharia).

Which isn't that bad, due to the fact the new laws designate mothers to have primary or all encompassing custody until age 15 of both genders of children and at age 15 children decided for themselves who they live with.

BUT and a big but, custody orders (court orders) for remanding custody of children from one parent to the other requires police assistance and police rarely carry out a court order on anything let alone domestic. You must bribe the police over and over and over again (one mother had to pay bakeesh 20 times) to get these police to carry out a court order.

So you could have custody in North America and Egypt, but you won't find any policeman who would carry out the court order to hand over the children. And very few Egyptian families will respect the court order, period.

In the USA parents can have joint or full legal and physical custody.

Personally I am lucky, if for instance I wanted to bring my daughter back and no officer nor the family handed her over.... Every single family member who had their training at Quantico could lose their US security clearance. The police, security, military side of the family would lose their prestige. So its not worth it for them. Besides my FIL and MIL already arranged for me to have full custody in Egypt. So its not an issue for me.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
really???..... me too... infantry... cool! i just adore FIBUA... excellent training for 4 kids in 1 hose!!!!!

my u button is sticking [Roll Eyes]
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband went a few times to the foreigner affairs department because I had a lot of questions about this kind of stuff. I had heard that the wife of an Egyptian or kids couldn't leave the country without the husband's permission. So my hubby went to ask since he knew I would be traveling. The office told him that as long as I had my passport or my children's passports I would be able to come and go as I please with or without his written permission.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aspirations (aka PC)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we did FIBUA in florida where did u do it?

--------------------
cracked

Posts: 209 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
what country and regiment did/are u with? Havent had army chat for a looong time..and I looooove it.

--------------------
cracked

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com