EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » my latest achievement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my latest achievement
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aspirations (aka PC)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought now would be a goodtime to announce my biggest accomplishmnet through all of this...having been a smoker since age 13 (thats 13 years) minus botched attempots at quitting during pregnancy, relapsing under stress etc. I am now on day 14 of having quit COLD TURKEY..in this the worst tiem of my life or close to it..I managed to (so far) not run back to my old friend nicotine to get me thru it. I am sooo proud of myself for not having even a single puff since I butted out exactly 2 weeks ago to the hour and I just thought it was time to share.
I dont know how I managed to give it up in this exact situation but I have alhamdullah and I remember thinking if I give up something for allah he will replace it with somehting better

Posts: 209 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok... youve just blown it for me..

i was feeling so bad for you, but how could you A) afford to buy fags if you cant buy a tin of soup... and B) hurt you sick baby especially as its undernourished as it is.

smoking during pregnancy is just wrong.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes smoking during pregnancy is bad but its so great that you are quitting now. I hope you keep it up!
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Mafia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!

tisk tisk tisk

Posts: 183 | From: Toronto, Canada / Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamthej9
Member # 11174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamthej9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
havent you guys been addicted to anything so much you just cant give it up (forums anyone?). good on you love and keep it up - in a couple more weeks you will wonder why you did it in the first place!
Posts: 47 | From: perth western australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go PC! Every little bit helps! My mom lost 50 pounds once, and she also quit smoking, and she said the smoking part was by far the harder of the two.....so I have lots of respect for you. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get a calender and mark off each day, then forget about smokeing...your past the craveing stage...

now it's all mental..after 6 months you will forget about the calender...but don't forget that it's very easy to backslide.I quit for 14 months then thought I had it whipped,so I had 1, then another, and was back to a pack a day in 2 weeks.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian Mafia:
BADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!

tisk tisk tisk

That's harsh!!! the girl's got so much stress in her life at the moment already!!!
She's proud of the fact that she's given up..... and so would I be!!!

Good for you, PC!!! keep it up, girl.... you got many people here to support you! [Smile]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent PC!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap ,now you can afford to buy a tin of heinz ,and now your child can breath , [Smile]

ps in a whisper ,what were the achievments before that u said this was your latest one ,not being nosey just asking [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aspirations (aka PC)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just a note...I never smoked during pregnancy or in the house where my children are and the 2 pounds it cost me to buy a pack that lasted 3-4 days wouldnt cover the 11 pound tin of soup.
I relapsed after giving birth didnt you read that part? and hey I am about 8 weeks pregnant and quit two weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant so I dont get your thing about smoking during pregnancy or making my baby sick??? so bite me because if I had something to be so ashamed of I dont think I would annonce it for everyone to tell me what a cruel mother I am.
your preachin to the choir anyways ... anyone who walks in an office or smokes in a taxi where me pregnant or my baby is gets a big lecture about smoking near kids or pregnant women and gets asked to butt out or I get out.

Posts: 209 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aspirations (aka PC)
Member # 9852

Rate Member
For the rest of you .. I am happy to have your support and yes actually day 2 was the hardest and I really dont have cravings...I have convinced myself it is sooo disgusting (which I felt everytime I lit one anyways) but now I just hate to smell smoke. Often people , me especially, smoke to curb hunger and thats why people gain weight when they quit because they dont have that smoking to curb it..but as Dr. Phil says yuo dont give up a habit you replace it with a new one..I am not sure what to replace it with yet but I am thinking to become one of those people who jog at 6 am...I really want to live a long life..I want to spend as much time as I can with my children.

--------------------
cracked

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aspirations (aka PC):
having been a smoker since age 13 (thats 13 years) minus botched attempots at quitting during pregnancy, relapsing under stress etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Aspirations (aka PC):
just a note...I never smoked during pregnancy

I relapsed after giving birth didnt you read that part?

well... which one is it? and no i didnt read THAT part as you didnt post THAT part.

look... youve written an essay PM and these two posts, ive obviously offended you... perhaps if your a little clearer with things in the first place people wouldnt get the wrong end of the stick... either way, chill out.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com