EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Paradise Beach in Agami Alexandria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paradise Beach in Agami Alexandria
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it still as hip as it was 15 years ago?

That was the last time I was there. [Frown]

And what's the admission fee nowadays?

Oh, just found an article abou Agami!
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2000/499/li1.htm

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone??
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, yeah its still hip, im there every july and august, thats the best time, in that time all shops are open nice coffes and lots of PARTIES, paradise beach turn the music on on thursday after 4pm...that was last year :)so u can dance at the beach!

the fees i dont know we pay them like 18 years now! our apartment is that old too, i remember when it looked all lost, but now its very crowded a lot of new buildings and everywhere beachbuggys [Big Grin]

....i love it... [Wink]

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also a great new coffee shop called I think ... 'another corner which does the best coffe in Alex.
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where is the most beautifull place in egypt
-anyone knew

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Safe drive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ispy, Sharm el Shikh and Marsa Matrouh.

--------------------
safedrivz@gmail.com

Posts: 25 | From: Egypt-Cairo | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aswan Siwa and Alexandria!!
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that coffe on that corner was first cilantro but i guess it changed the name but still same style is in! i live direct infront of it [Wink]
Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KZ
Member # 11443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KZ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am Karim Zidan an old agamist, I go every weekend nowadays and there is no addmission fee rather a membership card you buy.
but we also have our ways of bribing our way in, and it is as hip as it was 10 years back.
If you need anything there please do not hesitate to ask me.
email me on karimzidan@gmail.com

Posts: 26 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KZ:
Well I am Karim Zidan an old agamist, I go every weekend nowadays and there is no addmission fee rather a membership card you buy.
but we also have our ways of bribing our way in, and it is as hip as it was 10 years back.

Shet I've just come back from there and now I'm in Amsterdam [Frown]

I guess I've been to the worng paradise beach because I didn't even dare get in my bikini with all those covered ladies and strict looking men around.

Karim our house in in the Hanoville so maybe we can meet another time?

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
No no no, thats not the one, this one is down Sharia Assal, near kfc. Owned by a Swiss couple. Theres a sushi bar too in that street.
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never went there in summer time, don't think i ever will.

i always liked to go there in winter time with my ex , we used to have good time there when all the beach is only ours [Big Grin] ;)

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Guest Of Life:
i always liked to go there in winter time with my ex , we used to have good time there when all the beach is only ours [Big Grin] [Wink]

I always want to do that by my mom keeps telling me the guards could eat me alive if I did, being a woman alone on the beach.

But I once went there during the school exams period and the beach was all mine for a whole week. [Cool]

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I though that you were a guy !!!

quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
Originally posted by KZ:

Shet I've just come back from there and now I'm in Amsterdam [Frown]

I guess I've been to the worng paradise beach because I didn't even dare get in my bikini with all those covered ladies and strict looking men around.

Karim our house in in the Hanoville so maybe we can meet another time?

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
I though that you were a guy !!!

Yes I am a guy who likes to wear a bikini [Big Grin]

Just now I figure out why you got offended when I said I would only meet with you if and only if you brought your wife along.

Mesh kedah? [Wink]

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kedah Ya Jamil [Smile]

quote:

Just now I figure out why you got offended when I said I would only meet with you if and only if you brought your wife along.

Mesh kedah? [Wink] [/QB]

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Kedah Ya Jamil [Smile]

J amil is a typo or are we dealing with a Sa3eedi case in here?

Ya booooooyyy!!

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saeedi ya basha [Smile]
quote:
quote:
Kedah Ya Jamil [Smile]

J amil is a typo or are we dealing with a Sa3eedi case in here?

Ya booooooyyy!!

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have the city of Alex tried to clean up the water lately?

Last time I was there garbage was floating up on shore and I was at Montazah Palace Beach.

My BIL place is in Hannoville, the new part and I am hopeing the tide doesn't include trash on this stretch of beach.

My FIL and MIL spend about 10 days a month during the warmer season in Alex but I haven't been mailed any pictures from these excursions yet.

Do they have refreshment vendors on these beaches like at Montazah beach? And I am hopeing for a beach umbrella rental (large canopy enclosure).

Any luck these will be available?

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
I don't know what you're talking about Sono, there was no garbage where I was and the water was as clean as heaven. Just some jelly fish that is typical of hot days.

And how about your state Sono'sPussy, is it still full of slums despite its being part of the great US of A?

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't handle it when people don't adore you, can you? So have your fit, if thats what you need.

I don't think I've seen a slum in the USA outside of the South. So no, slums aren't an issue where I live.

No actually the last time I had been at Montazah Palace beach there was some garbage coming ashore. But was told it was coming from the yahcts in the harbor.

Montazah is on the opposite side of Agami in Alex so I was wonder if the water quality is different.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If y'all want garbage try Miami Beach (in Alex)...now that's class with a capital C! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by awrah:
You can't handle it when people don't adore you, can you? So have your fit, if thats what you need.

[Confused]

Have you just missed the WTF thread or what? I have managed to make the whole UK hate my guts, so what are you talking about Sono'sPussy?

quote:

I don't think I've seen a slum in the USA outside of the South.

Because they're black right?

Racists!

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

[Confused]

Have you just missed the WTF thread or what? I have managed to make the whole UK hate my guts, so what are you talking about Sono'sPussy?

quote:

I don't think I've seen a slum in the USA outside of the South.

Because they're black right?

Racists!

Don't be a b*tch MK, new statistics out prove that the % of whites that are poor outnumber the stats of the % of African Americans who are poor.

And the larger cities in the south more and more African Americans are joining the middle class and getting college educated. This is partially due to how many African Americans joined the military to pay for college.

I worry about the #s of non-whites who have high-skilled blue collar union work that are being laid off right and left due to NAFTA in the north. Their pensions are being decreased rapidly.

It might be a first for a specific race has a better way of life in the South than the North. A first for my nation.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Don't be a b*tch MK, new statistics out prove that the % of whites that are poor outnumber the stats of the % of African Americans who are poor.

That's the only reason why slums will be replced with fancy suburban houses ASAP.

And are you calling me the B word? [Frown]

I'm scarred for life!

[Big Grin]

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

You should be scarred for your life, but I am influenced to believe you are reading off of a script. Or at least had one prepared.

To prove to you I am a good person, this is what I do for loved ones:

[IMG]http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/4260/proof002kj0.th.jpg[/IMG]

[img=http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/4260/proof002kj0.th.jpg]

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

That's the only reason why slums will be replced with fancy suburban houses ASAP.

And are you calling me the B word? [Frown]

I'm scarred for life!

[Big Grin]

I am calling you thee B word because I don't trust you.

And this is a huge lesson for you, in the USA suburbs dont' eat up slums. Suburbs eat up farm land, slums get remodeled and turned into lofts, condos etc.

I have learned my listen, and I will try in the future not to be so vunerable. And demands don't bring out the vunerability in me, the hope of a truce and trust does. But truce & trust is a two way street and Shebin doesn't have lanes for two way streets.

In the end it'll end up a wreck.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
I am calling you thee B word because I don't trust you.

but I am influenced to believe you are reading off of a script. Or at least had one prepared.

And this is a huge lesson for you, in the USA suburbs dont' eat up slums. Suburbs eat up farm land, slums get remodeled and turned into lofts, condos etc.

[Confused]

Are you talking to me?

And why do I get the feeling this is a domestic fight MP3?

Of course I am reading off a script Sono.

And when I reveal out why, let's see who will have made a bigger wreck!

Automatic
Member # 7290

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to WTF thread and did I miss those bikini pics we were promised or what?
Posts: 140 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:

And when I reveal out why, let's see who will have made a bigger wreck!

Yeah please reveal it. I mean why give it piece by piece?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Automatic:
What happened to WTF thread and did I miss those bikini pics we were promised or what?

Sammy flushed it down the drain, which is the only place it should be.

And I still would post mine if the hyenas post theirs, but as you see they chickened out.

I'm still waiting hyenas, especially for Khibe's pictures.

Aal eeh, MK = Michael Jackson. Shoof ya akhy el-ghaba2! Do they call him Michael Kackson in Cow Land or what?

And I just took a bikini picture with a Michael Kackson wig on, so that you would notice the resmeblence..

Still waiting!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Now that the edit feature is back again, I will post my picture and hopefully the hyenas would too.

Coming soon.

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now that the edit feature is back again, I will post my picture and hopefully the hyenas would too.

Coming soon.

quote:
[QB
And I just took a bikini picture with a Michael Kackson wig on
[/QB]

you won't post THAT one will ya [Eek!]
Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by germanjulia:
you won't post THAT one will ya [Eek!]

Yes I will. Why not?! [Confused]
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes I will. Why not?! [Confused]

Muahahahahahahh! i love that idea! do it! [Smile]
Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

Last time I was there garbage was floating up on shore and I was at Montazah Palace Beach.

My BIL place is in Hannoville, the new part and I am hopeing the tide doesn't include trash on this stretch of beach.

Here Sono, water as clean as heaven. What are you talking about?!!
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clean water as heaven?
Have you been in heaven yet?
Remember plastic people ara not allowed to enter into heaven.

Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:
Clean water as heaven?

Ya lahwi this is so not funny little Czech chick.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

Here Sono, water as clean as heaven. What are you talking about?!!
Well I did state I was at the Montazah Palace beach and the yahcts were in the harbor. I was told by a server (wait person) that the yahcts dump their garbage and thats why it was washing ashore.

Plus I had been informed by someone else that the city of Alex dumps their garbage into the bay. Which is normal for many African nations that have a shoreline.

And man that water is green. But I am used to fresh water of lake superior so the med is something different for me.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
And man that water is green.

Turquoise Sono. It's the picture that sucks!
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Clean water as heaven?

Ya lahwi this is so not funny.

This is a very funny how you think that you are SO great and trying to be a modelo,right Tina?
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
This is a very funny how you think that you are SO great and trying to be a modelo,right Tina?

Yes fatso I was once a model too. But now I'm such a cow [Wink]
Marcella
Member # 10978

Fatso?LOL. [Big Grin] Maybe you in pregnacy.But that's excuse.
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
koshari , you are in amsterdam for real i thought it was just a fantasy , anyways how is hamam doing [Smile]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beaches that rock the North Coast

By Shereen El Gazzar
First Published: August 5, 2006

Whether you like the crowds or quiet, this summer's beaches offer both

NORTH COAST, Alexandria: The lake coast at Marina's seventh gate is the new hottest beach this summer. The long extended beach across the lake is a mixture between greenery and sand.

The entrance via Marina’s seventh gate, which commonly known as 'Bobbos" in reference to the manager of the jet ski rental at the beach, is free of charge. It makes you wonder if indeed the best things in life are free.

The increasing popularity of the place, as opposed to private beaches in previous years, make you think that the "Marinists" have dumped the 5-star beaches and felt nostalgic for the old days of the free of charge beach "Nady El-Saiarat" (The Automobile Club).

There seems to be a collective decision to head to this remotely located public beach. It could be because the private beaches either cost too much or are getting overcrowded. Regardless, Bobbos beach has become the new place to be seen. On the weekends, you are likely to bump into your childhood and college friends and extended family members.

But it is not picture perfect. After years of frequenting private beaches that provide music and a range of caterers to their visitors, Bobbos beach may be a disappointment for some.

If you have a craving for a cup of cappuccino, an ice Coke, or a fruity smoothie to cool off from the summer heat, there is nothing in the area that could satisfy you. Except for the traditional fresca (traditional wafer-style biscuits) vendors, snacks are not an option. If you hang out long enough, the hunger will urge you to leave.

Moreover, it would be a problem if you forget your towel at home because there are no comfy sand beanbags or benches to sit on. But what do you expect? It is free after all.

If you still favor private beaches, head to these:

Marina

Cuba Cabana

Description: Situated at a roundabout that overlooks Marina Gate Five Lake, the place also features a pool surrounded by a special type of grass that doesn't get muddy. There are different types of seating areas including one for those not looking for a swim.

Why you should go: You don't have to leave the pool to smoke shisha; it can be served to you while you are in it. And you don't have to bring towels because the place offers them to its visitors.

Entrance: Ticket prices start at LE 75

Tahiti

Description: This new posh hangout reminds you of fashion TV parties or a Far-Eastern spa. With its bamboo décor and its music selection, you feel that you are in an exotic place.

Why you should go: The lavishly designed pool, the water pipe “shisha” and the overall tropical atmosphere are Tahiti's best features.

Entrance: Membership costs LE 250

La Plage

Description: It is more like a beach park with swings, hammocks, shops, and a wide variety of coffee shops and fast food restaurants that offer coffee, fizzy drinks, fries, snacks and meals.

Why you should go: The place is spacious and with its loud chill out and dance music. There are dancing competitions and a gym if you want to work out.

Entrance: Membership costs LE 250 for August.

Yashmak

Description: The women-only beach features a variety of clothes and accessories shops, restaurants and coffee shops, and small scale beauty salons offering henna tattoos. The seating is comfortable with beanbags, beach benches and hammocks for utmost relaxation. There is even a special dancing place.

The beach has a gym as well as aerobics and belly dancing classes.

Why you should go: For veiled women who are longing for a swim in the sea, this is the place to go.

Entrance: Membership costs LE 200 for August

La Femme

Description: With a relatively small coastline, this beach is also exclusive to women. The seating is basic compared to other beaches with minimal beanbags. But like its counterpart, there is music and a variety of shops, restaurants, coffee shops and beauty-related services. There are also activities specially tailored to children

Why you should go: If you are not a fan of the sea, La Femme also features a spacious pool. Due to the distribution of visitors between the beach and the pool, the place is never overcrowded.

Entrance: Tickets cost LE 50 on week days and LE 75 on weekends. Membership costs LE 500 for the whole summer.

North Coast

Costa del Sol

Description: Located few kilometers east to Marina, the place offers the same services as the crowded popular compound with the same refined visitors.

Why you should go: if you are looking for less crowds and consequently less noise, this is the place to go. The beach has music, cafes and offers shisha.

Entrance: By invitation by one of the residents of the compound.

Diplomats

Description: It is traditional beach, for those who want to relax and have some peace of mind without luxurious options of private beaches.

Why you should go: The crowd is different from Marina's; it's more like a closed society of Egypt's elite.

Entrance: By invitation by one of the residents of the compound.

Agami

La Plage

Description: The previously Caribbeano beach is now called La Plage. Having the same owner as La Plage Marina, the place is a replicate of its North Coast version. Although the crowd's average age is relatively younger than that of Marina's beach, the place is quieter. You can enjoy chill-out, R&B and Buddha Bar music.

Why you should go: You can enjoy chill-out, R&B and Buddha Bar music.

Entrance: It is free, all you have to do is bring a photo and write your name and phone number to get a membership.

Oxygen

Description: Located in Shahr Al-Assal Street, the beach was named Oxygen for a reason; it features revolutionary oxygen equipment that increases the oxygen percentage in the air.

Why you should go: Renew your body and soul; we all need a healthy atmosphere after all.

Entrance: Membership costs LE 200

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=2511

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com