EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Software developer salaries

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Software developer salaries
mclaren
Member # 11365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mclaren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

First time post. I have lurked here a bit, well, not much, just an occasional pop-in, but lurking is lurking.

My question: What sort of salaries do (Egyptian) software developers/programmers earn in Egypt? (per week, per month, whatever)

Reason I ask, I am a Canadian-born programmer here in Ottawa, Canada, and I spent six weeks in Egypt some years ago (1999) while backpacking about after uni, and was just wondering what sort of salaries were to be had comparatively speaking. I realise that expats working for multinationals would be taking in Western salaries, but I reckon local salaries would be different (and lower).

Incidently, I was somewhat taken aback by a post here where somebody claimed that as an MD they only earned some $100USD per month in the public healthcare system?! I recall Egypt being pretty cheap, and understand it has become more so since the LE was depegged from the yank dollar, but that seems pretty low for an MD (especially being from a country where immigration officials will almost physically carry a doctor or nurse from a foreign shore to here).

Oh, and what does a Stella cost from a shop nowadays? [Smile]

Posts: 2 | From: Ottawa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mclaren
Member # 11365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mclaren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, and my apologies. I realise that an entry level developer would earn less than a senior guy, so I guess to clarify, what does the avg developer with a CS degree earn with:
0-3 years exp: just out of uni
4-5 years,
and maybe on past that(generally here in Canada you get shunted to at the very least a team-lead job, if you want it, usually to management...I have remained a developer, largely by choice)

Posts: 2 | From: Ottawa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mclaren I sent u a private message
Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com