EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » War On Lebanon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: War On Lebanon
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think Arab Troops should take part in defending Lebanon ?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 13 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright this is a question that goes back to when Lebanon was invaded in 1982. No Arab military force made a move, not even to pass gas.

They are a bunch of fricking cowards. The only military force besides Israel in the Mid-East willing to go beyound their borders is of course Egypt.

The military in Jordan, Syria, and Yeman, is only there to keep their own people in line and enforce a police state. Syria being the strongest example of what it has in common with Turkey. Brute force, f*ck human rights.

But seriously was there any organized military effort (not volunteers) besides Egypt for the 1948, 1967, and 1973 wars? No. They are all cowards.

Besides Lebanon in 1982 prefered UN troops to Arab troops. USA military forces were forced on them, so I prefer the USA keep the hell out of this mess. UN troops would be a good compromise.

Personally I look forward to the Hezbollah giving the IDF hell.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Egypt was given the job of maintaing security after the Gaza pullout, Yet they seem to do nothing to maintain the security of the Palestinians there. Except occasionally get killed by IDF.And try to stop Pals escaping into Egypt.
Can someone tell me if I got this wrong.
Re helping Lebanon, phew, the Israelis have just murdered 4 UN observers, deliberate bombing; Wouldn't want 'our boys' getting mixed up in that, at the moment.
agree though that someone needs to get out there, Russians maybe?

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You think the Russians take the side of the Palestinians? No on their lives.

But no, many many many Ruski Jews take their pensions while living in Tele Aviv, the only Ruskis Jews to take a pension inside or outside of Russia. The Ruski government/military don't outwardly show their affections and devotion to Tele Aviv like the US state department does, but their devotion is evident by the amount of charitable aid set up by "friends of the Ruski gov" hence the Obligarchs (sp?).

Don't let the anti-Semite comments of the Ruski gov. fool you. The Russian military and government has been burned by their relationships they built with Arab governments during the cold war. Ruski politicians know that they don't have a "Jewish Congress" in their country to answer to because their "Jewish Duma" had moved directly to Tele Aviv.

The UN will be in there shortly. The Lebanese are good at collecting data of a humanitarian crisis emerging. No other Arab country will divulge information like what they are sending out of Tyre right now. Most Arab governments don't hand over any sort of information, the Lebanese have always been very good about collecting data and making it available to the Lebanese and any sort of NGO, investor, stock market, WTO, WHO and so forth.

The Lebanese very much want to be connected to the west, while the other Arab countries would rather be self-serving and isolated.

I found it odd when a Mosque that was being built in southern Beruit was bombed and the IDF claimed it was Hezobollah headquarters. The fricking IDF doesn't have any legitimate or reliable intelligence on the Hezbollah. And that is a very very strong asset for the Hezbollah.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh sorry, I thought maybe Russia would 'pogrom' the lot of those bastards. [joke]
Who then?
I'm sick of hearing Israeli spokesmen saying that they have the 'support' of Egypt, so that rules Egypt out.
Is the actual Lebanese army engaged in this yet or is it just poor old Hezbollah?
It is so heartrending.
I suspect that by the time the UN decides to do something they will end up defending the occupying Israeli troops in Southern Lebanon. Peace keeping ha.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Hezbollah isn't old, its less than 20 years old. Though many in Beruit don't support the Hezbollah, I don't think the Hezbollah is getting their arms from Iran. I have a sneaking feeling is from a select group of cronies that don't appreciate many Arab governments and want an Umma to run the mid-east not a bunch of colonial sell outs that created artificial borders and were placed in power by Europe.

Egypt is the second country to recieve the most aid from USA taxes. A few months ago during an OPEC meeting Mubarak started discussing moving the US military monopoly as the near sole recepiant of Egyptian crude oil and instead selling its crude oil on the open market. Meaning the US military cannot cover the four corners of this globe unless they pay 1/6 the going rate for crude oil. If Egypt was to start selling its crude oil on the open market it would have no need for USAid. Hence it would be easier for the Muslim Brotherhood to gain a foothold in the government. Yet the Muslim Brotherhood certainly wouldn't funnel the profits from the sale of crude oil on the open market back into social programs in the same manner that USAid agencies do. No those profits would sit in private coffers or go to a Jihad in which would rid the Mid-East of all non-believers and thus create WW3. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Many nouvue riche in Egypt don't believe that the Muslim Brotherhood would obstruct their lifestyle or how they make their living, but they would lose everything.

I prefer the Hezbollah striking now and instead of what many Arab armies, even the Egyptian army's tendancy to give all of its fire-power and man-power early in the assualt and thus shortening the effort, let alone securing the default loss in the war. I prefer the Hezbollah, because it has studied how the IDF attacks and maintains its hold. By finding ways of making sure the same old tactics are fouled and thus they don't have a media spin to explain away the atrocities, the IDF is left without a script to brainwash the world and also has to rethink its 40 year old strategy.

Now that Arial Sharon is not available to fine tune the IDF fight plan, there are no more evil genious' to plan an assualt that can be media packaged. Most of the old guard in the Likud party cannot operate in the same manner as he.

The UN peacekeepers at least would be a monitoring service so the IDF cannot strike without witnesses detailing the accounts. A third party has never been brought in. Human rights activists have been killed and abused repeatively for reporting accounts of human rights abuses by the IDF. But the IDF cannot do the same to UN peacekeeping troops. Arial Sharon's number One concern was keeping the UN troops out.

Now he is gone. The UN needs to get into the mix now before the Lukid party finds a way of fending off the UN again.

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Very interesting. I will try to get better informed on all this.Thanks.
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian-guy:
Do you think Arab Troops should take part in defending Lebanon ?

I would say yes - because defending your neighboor who is the victim of Israeli constant agression and terrorism is your duty.

However, no matter what, Israel will lose. It's just the matter of how do you make things happen.

Do you wait and let it happen on it's own, or you go now and PREVENT further damages.

People can help Lebanon in many ways not just through military support. Everything counts. Just don't wait too long because more waiting would result in more damage and more hate - less forgivness and yet another problematic history.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the answer from Egypt:

Egypt will not go to war for Lebanon: Mubarak

Press Trust of India
Cairo, July 26, 2006

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has rejected calls for tougher action in response to Israel's offensive in Lebanon, in comments carried by the state-owned press on Wednesday.

"Those who urge Egypt to go to war to defend Lebanon or Hezbollah are not aware that the time of exterior adventures is over," he told reporters on the flight back from talks with Saudi King Abdullah.

Mubarak stressed that throwing the country into a war would be irresponsible when 73 million Egyptians "need development, services, work and housing."

"Those who are asking for war will make us lose all of that in a blink," said Mubarak, quoted by the goverment Al-Gomhurriya daily.

He stressed that he was not ready "to spend the people's budget on a war... Which isn't their war". [Roll Eyes]

"The Egyptian army is for defending Egypt only and this is not going to change," Mubarak added.

Egyptian opposition parties and newspapers have been very critical of the regime's stance since Israel launched a deadly offensive against Lebanon following the July 12 capture of two its soldiers by Hezbollah militants.

As Egypt marks the 50th anniversary of the Suez canal nationalisation by Gamal Abdel Nasser, critics have accused Mubarak of being subservient to the West and praised Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah for daring to challenge Israel.

Whilst condemning Israel's killing of Lebanese civilians, Mubarak also criticised Hezbollah "adventurism", charging that the Shiite guerrilla group risked dragging the entire region into conflict.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1753216,00050006.htm

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Mubarak stressed that throwing the country into a war would be irresponsible when 73 million Egyptians "need development, services, work and housing."

Wow, the gang has 73 million thugs?
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arabs can send volunteers. I am not a man, otherwise if I were I would certainly go. [Big Grin]

It's easy to bomb innocent folks and airport in Lebanon that's what cowards do, but to fight with soldger face to face that's something that requires courage. To attack a well equiped military country is also something that requires some courage, but shooting on civillians and killing Lebanese children - that's what cowards only can do.

It's also easy to attack Lebanon by sitting on the couch and manipulating the truth to the world.

Lebanon needs nurses, doctors, humanitarian aid and all kinds of help, transportation, medicine that is duty of every single country in the World to provide and help them in times of this terrible war, pain and suffering inflicted by terroristic Nation of - unholly Israel.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The entire situation with Israel and Lebanon was confessed by the solgiers captured over the Lebanese border (not in Israel as some might claim), whereby these soldiers confessed that Israel was planning a fall invasion of Lebanon. This is a classic trick of creating the enemies you need (dating back to the Roman times). [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**** lebanon what the **** do i care what happens to them they shud have given up those hezbollah and trust me if they dont lebanon is f***ed no way can they go up against israel and i hope the syrians try to do something so israel will blow the sh!t out of them too
Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com