EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Salary for restaurant staff (local)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salary for restaurant staff (local)
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queen of plans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody who knows how much local restaurant staff`s salary is for:
* Chefs
*Waiters
* Manager
* Cleaning/dishwash
Thanx!

Posts: 42 | From: Scandinavia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much
Waiter about 300 - 800 LE Month

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queen of plans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u Mimmi!
Posts: 42 | From: Scandinavia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how about chefs from usa?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Have no idea, I will probably just have local staff...
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by micky azzam:
how about chefs from usa?

They pay foreign chefs very well, but not the females. They don't take female chefs.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what ? i am an executive chef here in the states.they wont take me anywhere in egypt? even with all my certifcations?????????? [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Very stupid...well- its their lost!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what ? i am an executive chef here in the states.they wont take me anywhere in egypt? even with all my certifcations?????????? [Frown]

No they won't, sorry, I told you it's a man's world in there and that's not the only reason why I hate them for discriminating women.

Even if a miracle happens and they take you, you will be sexually harassed so much that you will beg them to let you go.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
maybe with my charm i can persaude them lol! i dont live in egypt yet but if this damn visa doesnt go through i will be on my way .
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
maybe with my charm i can persaude them lol! i dont live in egypt yet but if this damn visa doesnt go through i will be on my way .

Your charm? Hehe!

I suggest you move to Egypt so you would understand your husband better before you bring him over to the US.

Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
And how will they react to having female bosses...?
samsoum19
Member # 11432

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsoum19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well. For waiter about 300 to 400
to manager the double of u pay for ur waiters and the same to the chef and for the bus boy ( cleaning and bla bla about 250 to 300 LE
for the reaction fpr having a female boss i think that will be great for them but i advice u to be more straight and serious the 95 % time u spend with ur staff and good luck for ur project

Posts: 6 | From: maadi | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Thank you very much for the information!
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i am a boss here in the usa and run a kitchen i love my employees and they love me we have resecpt for each other that is the key and as for you my kingdom....i understand my husband completely .he would rather me move to egypt then coming here. so i need to find a good paying job. he has one and i want one. dont worry about me understanding my husband . what does that have to do with chefs in egypt ???????????
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't live in egypt but i stayed in the sheraton and the chef was a lady.Iam not sure if that rules apply to most placses though
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
we have resecpt for each other that is the key

It's this notion of respect who will be the problem Micky [Smile] There is nothing like that in Egypt, especially in the hotel's field, where you will find non educated men. I think you've already stayed or lived in Egypt, so you have noticed the harrassement in the street...These same guys will do the same! Of course, by being very firm and distant, I think you can be "respected". Never use the word "charm" [Smile] Distance and coldness, that's the way you will have to treat them -again, look how maids/servants are treated, and what happens if you feel pity for her and treat them as equals...I know, for a foreigner, it's just so shocking, but in Egypt, that's the way it is.
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will not let anyone treat me that way i deserve respect and i respect everyone. and my husband wont allow these to do this
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barbapapa is correct. My husband admitted to me that it takes a LOT to get an Egyptian man to respect a woman other than his mother or sisters (even that is iffy). Showing the men any hint of "charm" is asking for trouble. A simple smile can equal an assumption that you want to crawl into bed. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have that in the states i can handle myself.anywhere
[Big Grin]

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, what about setting up your own restaurant in Egypt? I'll visit!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
Micky, what about setting up your own restaurant in Egypt? I'll visit!

That's the only possible way to be a female chef in Egypt as far as I know.
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
I will keep you all informed how its going with my restaurant and working as a female chef! And if any of u are in Hurghada- please come in and say hello! The restaurants name is: Cafe Del Mar and its located in Sakalla.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i will be in egpyt in sep and i will come and visit your resturant.my husband lives 2 hours away from hurghada [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
if i come there to live i have property on the beach on the red sea and would love to build a resturant there. then all you can come and i will have all female and family staff
[Big Grin]

Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Hehehehe- what an bloody brilliant idea!
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
TY.MAYBE YOU CAN HIRE ME TILL I HAVE MY RESTURANT BUILD. QUEENIE [Big Grin]
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Well...u never know. I´m getting started in september and if the restaurant will be as busy as I think...there might be a possibility for you at my place [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
I WILL LOOK YOU UP WHEN I COME
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
when in sept? i will be flying in sept 3rd
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Queen of plans:
* Chefs
*Waiters
* Manager
* Cleaning/dishwash
Thanx!

Local resturant like Abu shakra for example :
Chefs maybe from 1400 to 1700 le according to his experience
Waiters from from 800 to 950 ( not including tips)
Manager maybe 2500 le
Cleaning 400 or 450 le

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
does this go for female chefs? from usa? [Confused]
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the hell does she want to work as a chef ?? she can pick any one she likes , marry him and he will take good care of her (as long as he is getting the american passport [Smile] ).

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
I WANT TO WORK . MY HUSBAND HAS HIS OWN BUSINESS BUT WE USA PEOPLE WANT TO WORK AND I AM A CHEF.2 INCOMES ARE BETTER THEN 1 [Big Grin]
Gaza
Member # 9121

Are you living in Egypt ??

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
I WILL BE SOON
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian-guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Queen of plans:
* Chefs
*Waiters
* Manager
* Cleaning/dishwash
Thanx!

Local resturant like Abu shakra for example :
Chefs maybe from 1400 to 1700 le according to his experience
Waiters from from 800 to 950 ( not including tips)
Manager maybe 2500 le
Cleaning 400 or 450 le

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com