EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What reminds you of Egypt? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What reminds you of Egypt?
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come charmy want some cotton candy [Wink]

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katanga , it sounds like you have lived abroad in a civilized country where you drive your car according to a law and you respect all other drivers as they respect you.
nothing will be changed if we do not speak out.
we really need to shout out to each other.
we should seek better life and stop ignoring our problems..!!!

I Have got special people and I consider them like FRIENDS .... coz I think they can think the same way I do.
God bless you CHARM you are very special

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katangah:
It's killing people and at least we can express our disappointment about it.

this got me thinking.

you are right. the fact that its killing so many people gives everyone the right to comment about it.

i hear endless criticism of british and american soldiers killing innocent civilians, and i wouldnt tell someone from egypt not to criticise my people because of it.

killing people is wrong and we need to do something about it. katanga has told us how she did her bit to stop it. she may have prevented an accident that day that could have devastated entire families.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by king-snefru:

what kinda special? good special or yellow bus special?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yah. The year before, when I was back for a visit as well. My other younger brother got struck by one of those inter-cities cabs. He came out fine. He was hit on a busy street in Cairo. The driver didn't even stop after knocking him out. He came home and told me about it. I insisted on going to the police as he had the plate numbers. We got to the station and we were kind of ridiculed for reporting it - after all he came out fine and ma3laish ya bih. They took the plate numbers and this time when I got home interestingly enough the driver was located and charged. He came to our house trying to settle outside court. I will let you guess what was my reaction to the motherf**er who almost kill a brother of mine. Just pure idiocy, there is no other name for it. There is no excuse for it. False macho sh*t and it kills people everyday.
Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:

how about you? what things provoke your memories of egypt when you are out of it?

hosbond's torshi. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hosbond lol?

--------------------

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Katanga , it sounds like you have lived abroad in a civilized country where you drive your car according to a law and you respect all other drivers as they respect you.
nothing will be changed if we do not speak out.
we really need to shout out to each other.
we should seek better life and stop ignoring our problems..!!!

I Have got special people and I consider them like FRIENDS .... coz I think they can think the same way I do.

No sir. I do live in Canada now, but I always drove this way back home. I'm not gonna claim to stick to all rules even here in Canada. But there is something called sanity, common sense. It's completely lacking out there and the numbers show for it. The three accidents I had was while I was a teenager in college. One of them involved a college professor who admitted his fault and rode along with me to pay for damages. He commented that I was too mature in my driving ways for my age. In my view sanity is not age related.

Charm, it's he not a she :-)

Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingspirit:
hosbond lol?

Long story - My Kingdom making fun of Morgan's spelling. [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read your posts , and you are very funny, nice and sensable .
in the mean time you can defend your self.
Go ahead and never let any one disappoint you or change you for something bad. that is what I mean by special.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!! i cant stand it anymore!!!!! i have these images and even voices in my head (<---er, did i just say that :/ ) when i read peoples posts... it totally throws me when i get the sex wrong!
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Charm el Feikh?:
quote:

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!! i cant stand it anymore!!!!! i have these images and even voices in my head (<---er, did i just say that :/ ) when i read peoples posts... it totally throws me when i get the sex wrong!
R u saying I sound like a girl [Mad]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
in my head you do, or at least you did!

now i have to give you a new voice.

how inconvenient!

katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Charm el Feikh?:
in my head you do, or at least you did!

now i have to give you a new voice.

how inconvenient!

Then you need to get your head checked up ... [Razz]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
that might be true but my imaginary friend tells me you have serious problems
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Whatever. See, I'm too smart to let you have a little play on words with me baby
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU KNOW WHAT KATANGAH MEANS
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
there are many egyptians on this forum who criticized egpyt and it's problems. in fact regular egyptians are quick to point out the problems every day. but it's the way it's done, and why it's done. when you start a thread by saying that egyptians are "idiots" like that snefru guy did, then you deserve to be insulted. there's a big diffrence between constructive criticism, and just insulting, and demeaning the country

First of all no insulted me except you ,, which shows your real personality.
and when I described the Egyptian drivers as "Idiots" I meant it because my life and the life of every other Egyptian is in danger because of them .
I will tell you sometging happens everyday but you do not see it because you do not live in Egypt or you are a blind to it :
while driving along the pyramids street I saw an old lady was led by her grand son who is less than about 15 years old waiting to cross the road so I slowed down to let her go ,,,,,,, the other drivers when they saw me slowing down they speeded up and I stopped for her and then she could not cross that road because no one else stopped for her and the driver behind me was honking his horn so hard and he insulted me saying "do not stop you IDIOT "
may be that old lady was your grand mother may be one day she will be hit by one of these drivers and killed so what would you call that driver 7ayat ??would you say he was IDIOT ? or smile at him and thank him ???
we agree that the roads are so bad desgined but what about the manners of the people.
I believe that the Egyptian people 50 years ago were much much better than the people of our generation. we are the ones who should be complaining and doing something about the state of our country but people like you sit on computers and attack everyone but himself
What are you doing right now to change your country 7ayat ??

ok so yesterday iwent to bed leaving this thread being nice and peacful, and then i open today and it's turning to insults so typical of ES.

secondly, i have told you before why i left egypt, but as usual you don't want to listen to me. you know why? because the only thing you have against me is that i left. everything i said about you is right, and you don't know what to say so you just keep waving that "but you left" egypt thing at me. i left because i got married to an australian/egyptian, does that mean that i hate egypt? does that mean that every expat on ES who got married and left their countries to live in egypt hate their countries? what a strange and weird logic.
and excuse me, you are saying that i sit on the pc all day doing nothing, while you help egypt? ma3lesh ba2a what do you do to help egypt? excpet sucking up to foreingers ya3ni? not that that would help egypt in any way.

by the way, i worked as a journalist for almost three years, being paid almost nothing because i felt that if i write about egypt's problems i might be able to help. if i just show the world how much every one was suffering, maybe they will do something. but i wrote one story after another, and no one listened, no one was interested. and i have not yet given up. i'm only 26 years old, there is so much more for my country that i can do.

so let me tell you something snefru, you don't know me, and i dont know you. if you want to believe that you are helping egypt with this attitude. then fine enta 7or. so let's just leave each other alone. i opened this thread to bring some nice memories from egypt, and i'm not going to turn it into another dumb fight.

ps: if you search through the old threads, you will find a thread called "things that drive me crazy about cairo traffic" written by me. have a look at it. and when you read it, you will see the difference between the one i wrote and the one you wrote.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
Ever heard this quotation 7ayat:
"A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin."

It seems to sum up your attitude to King Snefru.

err no i believe that this is the quote that sums up my attitude to people who like to not "criticize" but trash egypt. "seketnalo dakhal be7maro!"
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11660

Rate Member
seebek menhom ya 7ayat rabena yebarkek... el ghorb ghorb.. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com