EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Mohamed Sobhy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mohamed Sobhy
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just watching mohamed sobhy's "seket el salama" and I was thinking how great this man is. i've been a fan of this great man for years, and i have watched most of his plays. I just love his amazing sense of humour, and how he uses it discuss some very important issues.

Does anyone here also love mohamed sobhy? and if you do, what are your favourite plays?

here's some info about him from msnarabia

Mohamed Sobhy

The famous Egyptian actor, Mohamed Sobhy, has always been famous for his unique acting talent, especially on stage. Born on 1 March, 1948, in an area close to Mohamed Aly Street, Sobhy was inspired by the cinemas and theatres that were present at that time.
Since he first joined the acting team at his school, he became well known for his special talent in imitating famous Egyptian actors, including Youssef Wahby and Ahmed El Haddad. Consequently, he was motivated to work in the entertainment broadcasting show Sa'aa Lee Albak, where he used to imitate various Egyptian celebrities.

Graduating from the Art of Theatre Institute, Sobhy got the chance to perform the play Hamlet for his final exam, which showed his unique acting talent and paved the way for his success.

Sobhy then started taking secondary roles in several plays, when he first worked with famous actors like Fouad El Mohandes and Mohamed Youssef. Although Sobhy's performance in each of those plays didn't exceed five minutes on stage, yet he was able to impress the audience, due to his unique acting performance.

At 1975, Sobhy was finally able to prove himself, when he took the leading role in the play Entaha El Dars Ya Ghaby, in which he acted as a mentally retarded patient that was treated by his doctor, featured by the great actor Mahmoud El Meleegy. That play, that was written by Linen El Ramly and directed by El Sayed Rady, was highly appreciated by many critics.

Later on, Sobhy had finally succeeded to play an important role in the movie El Karnak, along with the great actress Soad Hosny. That political film was a major turning point in Sobhy's career, as it portrayed some of the government's corruption that was actually present during Nasser's era of presidency.

Throughout Sobhy's acting career, he always tends to perform meaningful plays, and presents them in a simple and funny way that draws his audience's attention. Not only did Sobhy prove himself as a great actor, but also as a brilliant director. He directed the play Bel Araby El Faseeh, which portrayed the conflicts among Arab countries in the Middle East. He introduced new, young actors who first performed in that play. One of the casting crew was Mona Zaky, who has become one of the most popular stars in Egypt.

Watching plays like El Hamagy, Weghet Nazar, and Mama America, would let you realize that the strong will, ambition, and the power of determination are the traits that helped Sobhy become one of the most popular stars in Middle East, and that's why he is worth all of our respect and appreciation.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Takhareef for sure (Saeel character is amazing). He is a great guy. Big philanthropist as well (I know he opened an orphanage for kids).
Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah takhareer is one of my favourites too [Smile] which one had Dr. ayoub/ana 7amo in it? i always forget?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't remember the name of this one. But I know it sucked big time and I didn't like it at all. That's what's weird about this guy. Sometimes he makes some of the weirdest works (most of his movies are really lame). But most of his plays are the best that I've seen in Egyptian theatre.
Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
yeah he was never good at movie, most of them flopped. but unlike you i like the ana 7amo masra7eya awi awi awi.
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Asli bamshi fe elgazmah elawal :-)
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
hehhe lol [Smile]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
but i wonder why he always sticks with the same cast?
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Cause they make a good team. You know Adel Emam does the same thing.
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
i don't think adel imam uses the same people as much as sobhy. i mean every time i watch a new masri7ya, and even his mosalsal fars bela gowad, it had exactly the same people.

ps. obviously katangah only you and me are big fans of mohamed sobhy on this forum

lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
la ya set 7ayat ana kaman fanzzzz [Smile]
salam

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com