EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Who believes in destiny?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who believes in destiny?
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And being able to know about it beforehand?
Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katangah:

Allah(God) only knows
Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certain things you can't avoid ( you do your best but something happens and changes course of events beyond your will = destiny ), but we also have free will to choose one option from several options, and based on our choices we get what we get.

You can know certain things beforhead simply by watching in the past what has happened to people who made similar choice. For instance, if a man drinks alcohol and drives, there are several outcomes that can result out of his drinking and driving. The one which is highly likely to happen can be recognized sooner before it happens because you can ( based on symptoms ) predict seriousness of his situation and thus predict the possibility that is highly likely to happen.

Sometimes prediction can be wrong, but still it's possibility that can't be excluded. There are percentages of risks you have to endure by making choices that you make.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But don't you agree that a human being prescription of the world then governs his/her destiny. Isn't it true that prescription is formed by genes and early childhood in those early formation years ???

On another note, from personal experience, I do believe that some get a chance to know how it's going to be. I've been through some events that were detailed for me beforehand. Also, my father has similar experiences. I myself when a child remember clearly seeing vivid dreams that come to reality in complete detail. To the point that as the event is happening you would be overwhelmed by the fact that's its all coming true before my eyes and no it was not deja vu. Was just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences.

Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly has started believing in destiny after I met my (soon - very soon) egyptian husband. It was love at first sight for both of us and after only 2 minutes conversation it felt like I have know him my hole life. Why did I end up in egypt at that hotel????? I have asked myself that a thousand times.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be rude but that feeling will pass. I love my husband very much and I feel like we're perfect for each other in many ways. But I also realize that he and I can both be royal pains in the arse to each other. Your lofty feelings will most certainly pass once reality and daily life sets in.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Muslims believe in qadr..predestined fate.

http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/Belief/Destiny/article03.shtml

quote:
Originally posted by Guest Of Life:
quote:

Allah(God) only knows

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But don't you agree that a human being prescription of the world then governs his/her destiny. Isn't it true that prescription is formed by genes and early childhood in those early formation years ???

The Life Journey is like sailing on the Ocean. We can't change Ocean, whatever is predisposed to happen to Ocean is beyond our will. We can't control it directly - however we can control our Ship.

We can make it from different material thus ensure that it has higher chances not to sink, we can choose the time when we travel so that we reduce chances of bad weather, we can learn and take classes how to control ship and choose qualified crew, we can make sure to have a back up plan, if something happens to protect ourselves, we can think and use our brain and figure out what would be the best way to avoid or save ourselves from failures and bring ourselves to desired destination.

So, as you can see, partially the Universe is governed by laws beyond our will, however we have also a choice. How we respond is a choice, and what we set in motion is a choice too. Whatever we do, will result in something eventually.

Now in regards of genes and early childhood, some events are destiny but we have a choice of how to respond and react to them. Some events we can't stop because the things are set in motion beforehand and we have no way of changing or preventing them.

Some people had an alcoholic father (it was beyond their will to choose a different father prior to birth - thus it's their destiny ), the gene is in a son ( destiny ), son gets frustrated on problems father caused to the family ( consequence of father's drinking ) and chooses not to drink ever ( son responds and makes a choice ). Son made a choice and fought the "gene". He succeeded to change the course of events in his life. However, even if he did drink, since he deals with alcoholism differently based on bad experience with his dad, he would eventually arrive to the same choice and abandon drinking before it's too late.

To me personally, intellect determines your destiny. If you use it well, you will despite of destiny find the peace within and fought everything you can, the rest you will leave and accept as God's will ( destiny ) or whatever your beliefs are. However, if person always sees all failures as destiny and doesn't take responsibility for their own actions towards 1)themselves 2) the other people 3) and the world... than the person is saying that he has no control over the events thus is not responsible for anything but we all know that we can make a different choice it's up to us as well, it's not only Universe that makes it happen. We are part of it too.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I myself when a child remember clearly seeing vivid dreams that come to reality in complete detail. To the point that as the event is happening you would be overwhelmed by the fact that's its all coming true before my eyes and no it was not deja vu. Was just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences.

I had similar experiences. In fact, one of the reasons why I often "know" what to do beyond intellectual reasoning is that I often get alerts through dreams.

For example, if I have peaces of information but I am missing other peaces, my mind is telling me - something is not right here, I can't figure this out. However, our subconscious mind sees all and hears all and registers all and then stores all this info deep into our subconscious. Now, you sleep - your subconscious releases peaces of information in the forms of pictures, you get the clue - you just remembered what you knew all this time but it was deep down in your subconscious mind. The Dream is relaxed state and all deep information can come to surface thus give you necessary info that you otherwise don't remember at all. This is how our psyche operates.

Then you can have a dream that is called a "precognitive dream" and means simply that you don't see, hear, smell or touch - yet you "KNOW" simply through dreams in which you either watch events unfold (as on TV) or you yourself experience the event beforhand, then after you wake up - it happens again - in reality. You had no way of knowing it beforehand - unless you have received information from some Source. Now, in my case, like you, I get dreams that are so real that when I wake up I am not quite sure if this is a dream or that was a dream, because dream looks like reality.

Events from the dream then take place exactly as you have dreamt of them - because - something or someone is trying to prepare you for the event that will follow. It could be your own psyche, or if we are all connected to the Source, it could be from the Source ( God ) itself. So once you see it (experience it) in your dream, you have usually enough time to think about it and prepare yourself for the event. In spiritual way - you can say someone or something is "guiding you" ... prepearing you.. as you will realize preperation on your behalf is often crucial for any event that is going to happen to you.

katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Let me give you an example of the dream thing. I think I got that from my mother.
When still a kid, she woke up once and just banned me from going to the daily soccer game. Later on that day and after much pressure, she told me that she saw a horrible accident about to happen to me. I didn't go out. But comes dinner time, we were invited at a friend's place. Once back, as they were parking the car downstairs, I ran upstairs to the apartment. I was the first to get there and watch in amazement what our neighbor was doing. He was testing a gas tube with a light. It broke in flames wildly, I was trapped behind it, he ran into his place, my sister ran downstairs and told them I was trapped behind an exploding gas tube. Luckily he came back and was able to put out the fire before it exploded. But not before my mother collapsed thinking that fate has taken its course.
Later on a little older, I was obsessed with a certain magazine. A certain issue was out of circulation and I ordered it. Waiting anxiously, I saw a dream, quite vivid of me receiving a parcel from a postman. Next morning I was thinking it would be really cool if that would happen. It did. Exact parcel as in dream. Exact postman. Never seen either before in my life.
A few years ago I was serving in the army in the middle of no where. One night I wake up sweaty and out of breath as I saw my Grandpa dying. Got hold of the unit phone and phoned home a few hours later. They said all was ok. When I got home a few weeks later I found out he died the same night, same manner in my dream and he was wishing he could see me (he practically raised me).

Many more incidents like this. But that's nothing. After all these are non significant events albeit telling. I never paid much attention to the issue anyway in spite of the fact that philosophically, I've always raised that issue in discussion.

It wasn't until I moved to Canada and met with a Chinese girl whom I went out with a few times. She really wanted to read my fortune. Did that as a joke, although after I accepted she warned me to take it seriously and better leave the future unknown. She gave me dates and details. Over the past 3 years, they've all come true. Every single thing.

katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Now, if we tackle the subject from a religious point of view, all three main monolithic religions believe in God's infinite knowledge. Which means that God knows past present and future of all beings. Taking into consideration that God can't be wrong, we're but mere actors in one long saga.

Philosophically, being is prescription. That's how modern philosophy started with Dekart as he asserted the existence of the universe based on prescription. Prescription is like looking through a telescope, you can only see as many stars as good as the telescope. Problem is we don't get to chose it. We complete most of its construction at the time of birth and childhood. The rest is just a struggle with maintenance.

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now, if we tackle the subject from a religious point of view, all three main monolithic religions believe in God's infinite knowledge. Which means that God knows past present and future of all beings. Taking into consideration that God can't be wrong, we're but mere actors in one long saga.

Have you thought of God as a being who is not bounded by time?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katanagah - There are many rivers that lead to One Ocean thus many different ways that lead to Source, so I am glad that you are open to different theories. Your dreams are definitely precognitve, you can "know" things beforehand, so if you before sleep make an intention of what you need ( guidence ) about certain thing or conflict you have, sure you will receive it. However the key is to never brake connection with Source. Once you do, everything changes, thus you lose touch with your spiritual side.

I don't have bad dreams, for example. I have mostly realistic dreams. I also have dreams in which I am communicating with other beings, such as angels, people from another dimensions etc. I talk to my relatives who passed and visit their 'houses' where they live on the other side. Last time I had a dream in which I had conversation with people who are neither male or female ( have no gender at all ) and they talked to me about their lives. I asked them questions. When I wake up, I usally say Gee, is this dream for real, what kind of people were those? [Big Grin] I see different architecture in foriegn places as if it's the age 2050 or something, very modern, spiral stairs built in the Sea, young people 20-25 laughing and playing on the beach, they know I am not from there, yet they welcome me, they smile, hug me, ask me to join.

Also, I have a dreams of dead relatives, once my uncle who passed away suddenly came to my dream and told me to help him figure out how come nobody sees him, neither his wife or children, only me but everyone is crying. I told him in the dream, uncle you have died but I will not cry because you live in my heart, and he smiled and left. So, often if I do something I immediately recognize symptoms that indicate what's next ( highly likely ) and I prevent it quickly. I do also have dreams in which I am told to give message to others, such as mother of my childhood love after she died came to me in the dream and told me - honey call my son, I have died, and see how is he doing, talk to him. Then I call and I say I had strange dream about your Mom, how is she, just to find out she had died from brain stroke.

I also talked to angels in my dreams, that's the best experience I ever had. Most of my spiritual knowledge and insights I have is gained through communication with these beings. They are experts in Love. So all this started to happen in my life aproximately at the age of 13+, first with people who died then progressed more and more. At first I haven't understand it, but eventually through dreams I asked questions and got answers.

However, I don't trust neither believe 100% psychics who would tell me future. I believe that's form of cheating because we are not supposed to know the Future. We are supposed to live it as it is and learn, if God wants us to know something beforehand, it will be revaled when it's needed. Certian things you have to go through to learn. However, when I was younger I would ask for fun ( will I marry my boyfirend? [Big Grin] ) but as I mentioned before, to believe blindly is not something I would reccomend, ( because I can figure myself and if not, than I am not supposed to know ). And only ask when is something very serious an as a last resort.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com