EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where to buy a bicycle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to buy a bicycle
the_biker
Member # 11834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_biker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the recommended places to buy a decent bicycle in Cairo,

I intend to use it going to work, "save money and exercise",

so I need a bike that is strong and will live long.

thanks in advance

Posts: 6 | From: heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere downtown there's a famous shop for bikes. I'll ask my mom tonight and get back to you soon.

But be careful. Biking in Cairo is not that safe.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_biker
Member # 11834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_biker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much,

I know the traffic here is chaotic, but I still want to give it a go, maybe find alternative routes to the main ones.

Posts: 6 | From: heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farouque akef
Member # 11793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farouque akef     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
abou el gokh in doky-mohandessen the best bike shop in egypt

--------------------
Despretly wandring through the dark tunnels of the bone box

Posts: 72 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farouque akef:

YES that's the name Farouque, thank you so much, I was running around the house saying out loud: "Abu Abu Abu Abu, Abu eeh ya wad ya Koshari".. Finally you came up with it!

What a relief!

I HATE it when I can't remember a word, especially in urgent situations.

Farouque do you also have their address? I guess it's no problem to mention the name of the shop to a taxi driver but maybe a foreigner's pronunciation might not be very clear.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, biker, I'd be curious to hear about your experiences. [Smile]

Bicycles are my favourite means of transport and although I always had a car back home I used my bike way more often. I've also used a bike to get almost everywhere when I lived in Manhattan and I've explored Marrakesh on a bike. But I would be too scared to ride one in Cairo, unless I lived in Maadi where the streets are quiter and more safe.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the_biker:

I intend to use it going to work, "save money and exercise",

Make sure to always stick to the bicycle designated lane ... Happy Adventuring.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farouque akef
Member # 11793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farouque akef     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
Originally posted by Farouque akef:

YES that's the name Farouque, thank you so much, I was running around the house saying out loud: "Abu Abu Abu Abu, Abu eeh ya wad ya Koshari".. Finally you came up with it!

What a relief!

I HATE it when I can't remember a word, especially in urgent situations.

Farouque do you also have their address? I guess it's no problem to mention the name of the shop to a taxi driver but maybe a foreigner's pronunciation might not be very clear.

el sudan st. from gameet el dewal-dokki
not sure about the exact adress but i will try and gt it

ur most welcome.

Posts: 72 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_biker
Member # 11834

Rate Member
Thank you all for your response [Smile]
Thanks Koshari and Farouk, I'll check the place out tomorrow ISA.

Don't worry Koshari about the pronounciation problem I'm Egyptian [Wink]

I don't think I'll be doing any serious biking soon, probably just get my feet wet in my local area for a week or so and see how that goes. I'll keep you updated.

Masrawi, I don't think there are any bicycle designated lanes here!! [Smile]

Thank you all again

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the_biker:

Don't worry Koshari about the pronounciation problem I'm Egyptian [Wink]

Then you understand what a woman on a bike means to balady people right?

I bicycle everywhere here at home in the USA, but I won't let my inner loins touch a bike in Egypt.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com