EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » about getting furniture made by carpenter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: about getting furniture made by carpenter
schoolbound
Member # 11876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for schoolbound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i plan to have my household furniture made by a carpenter, i would like to know if anyone knows any sites that have tons of photos of designs ... im thinking typical egyptian furniture sets .. but not gold leafing type.
any ideas also as to how much this costs to have them made (typical cost per room set in le)
also if anyone knows can the carpenters really make it "just liek the picture"?
basically looking for online photo galleries of furniture sets similair to whats usual in egypt.
i know i can go to damietta and pick it out but i dont want to do that simply for shipping and hassle of travelling there.
just prefer to go step by step and have everything custom made one room at a time so im looking for good clear photos of complete rooms.
dining room, reception, bedroom, nursery, kitchens, etc.
i appreciate all ur guys help thx in advance.

Posts: 29 | From: florida | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schoolbound
Member # 11876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for schoolbound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any websites at all?
Posts: 29 | From: florida | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno about any websites, but my friend google knows everything.

They can make it look like the picture, but it won't feel like the real thing. Typically, furniture here is uncomfortable and fairly cheaply made. Whatever you do, try not to invest too much.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schoolbound
Member # 11876

Rate Member
yeah im trying to save some money by having it made
is it cheaper to have it made afterall? i lived in egypt before i am familiar with life there and those things but i am wondering if makign it saves a lot of money?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com