EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » That's one hell of a topic :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That's one hell of a topic :)
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Micia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys..

How are u all? n missed u alot ...
okay...party time now...n i am not showing off, walahi!

Wanna share a few stories with u and tell me if I am crazy or they are crazy or what..
1st: I met this lebanese guy ONLY ONCE when he was in Alexandria...he left to beirut and he started calling me (even during the war time)..now he is proposing to me....is that normal?

2nd: I have been chatting with this German fella for 2 days ONLY, then he asked for my cell number and guess what? he calls me from Germany like 3-4 times a day (a total duration of at least 2 hours a day)..is that normal?

Morale of my stories is: the more guys around u, the less chances u get married coz u keep on comparing ...etc ...

Look at me..too many fans...n I am all SINGLE [Smile]

Posts: 155 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you Egyptian?
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Micia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Are you Egyptian?

You bet i am...
but, look at me...i am a "WORLD' kinda gal..
i mean..my looks are different..my attitudes are not typical..but I adore my Egyptianity at the end of the day [Smile]

Posts: 155 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool..I believe we should all be proud of our heritage and where we came from. Just a tip though..some ladies around here don't appreciate proud talk so they may come after you for it. I say..if you got, flaunt it [Smile] Just don't take it too far..like don't go walkin' around naked or anything [Wink] hehehehehe I jhoke *said with an Egyptian accent* [Smile]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
quote:
That's cool..I believe we should all be proud of our heritage and where we came from. Just a tip though..some ladies around here don't appreciate proud talk so they may come after you for it. I say..if you got, flaunt it [Smile] Just don't take it too far..like don't go walkin' around naked or anything [Wink] hehehehehe I jhoke *said with an Egyptian accent* [Smile]

Was thinking about it when I was writing that post..but u know what? I am travelling tomorrow for a whole week and won't be free to check ES, so won't be that offended ... [Smile] )

However, I think it'd be fun if all ladies here on ES share some funny stories as well...don't u think?

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Funny dating stories or just funny stories in general?
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
quote:
Funny dating stories or just funny stories in general?

Funny DATING stories will be more fun to share..don't u think? [Smile]
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Yeah especially talking about all the toads we ladies have had to kiss before we found Prince Charming [Smile] That doesn't mean I don't have my funny stories about my Prince Charming (or Sharming) [Big Grin]
Paint Me As I Am
Member # 7796

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paint Me As I Am   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
some ladies around here don't appreciate proud talk so they may come after you for it. I say..if you got, flaunt it [Smile] Just don't take it too far..like don't go walkin' around naked or anything [Wink] hehehehehe I jhoke *said with an Egyptian accent* [Smile]

And shall i be the first to attack? [Big Grin]

Actually, Thats not my style- so, just becareful in who u met and enjoy ur time.. Its great to have nice new friends- just make sure u take care of u.. If a man wants to know u and marry u- then let nature take its course and again- have a open eye/view of all things..

Be safe-Have Fun-Enjoy Life and keep us posted.. [Wink]

Posts: 2068 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
quote:
some ladies around here don't appreciate proud talk so they may come after you for it. I say..if you got, flaunt it [Smile] Just don't take it too far..like don't go walkin' around naked or anything [Wink] hehehehehe I jhoke *said with an Egyptian accent* [Smile]

And shall i be the first to attack? [Big Grin]

Actually, Thats not my style- so, just becareful in who u met and enjoy ur time.. Its great to have nice new friends- just make sure u take care of u.. If a man wants to know u and marry u- then let nature take its course and again- have a open eye/view of all things..

Be safe-Have Fun-Enjoy Life and keep us posted.. [Wink]

U know what? I am not very optimistic about meeting the ONE...coz i have seen too many guys and most of them are not my type...
Tried to push myself to make it work with a few of them ..but I failed!
That's y I had to post sth funny to cheer myself up [Smile]

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, unless guys are total idiots they don't usually keep calling and talking to you more if you don't encourage them to do so. I mean, as soon as you open the door, talking nice and friendly and asking more questions back, then you will start to have a "relationship" with them, in the sense they are chasing you.
I live in a small, tourist based community, and we are used to talking to people when they come here to work or live. There was Lebanese guy who opened a restaurant. I said something about Lebanon, I asked him if he knew about Le Forces Lebanese. When I wrote a check for the falafel, he asked for the phone number, as most people do, and then he started calling me 500 times a day. As I didn't recognize the number I didnt answer it, until later when I lied and told him I was married. At the time I was not. But believe me, that worked. I swear if I had said ANYTHING else, like I am not interested, he would have kept calling and calling. "Ehh, allo, shoo fi ma fi, what's happening, you okay? you have like boyfriend? You want to go someplace nice sometime, like for dinner or pool? Hey how come you never are answering your phone? You didn't want to talk to me?" and on and on and on.

So I don't think the story about the Lebanese guy is strange. And if you take time from your busy day to talk this much on the phone, he will really think you guys are getting somewhere and that he is holding on to you well.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paint Me As I Am
Member # 7796

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paint Me As I Am   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Micia:

Tried to push myself to make it work with a few of them ..but I failed!
That's y I had to post sth funny to cheer myself up [Smile]

I do understand that.. [Smile] Life is to short to let it pass by..
Keep smiling... [Smile] Enjoy ur time traveling..

Posts: 2068 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey guys..

Wanna share a few stories with u and tell me if I am crazy or they are crazy or what..
1st: I met this lebanese guy ONLY ONCE when he was in Alexandria...he left to beirut and he started calling me (even during the war time)..now he is proposing to me....is that normal?

2nd: I have been chatting with this German fella for 2 days ONLY, then he asked for my cell number and guess what? he calls me from Germany like 3-4 times a day (a total duration of at least 2 hours a day)..is that normal?

Morale of my stories is: the more guys around u, the less chances u get married coz u keep on comparing ...etc ...

"Wicked"!!

(Just trying hard to sound cool and by the time and all)

Umm..

How can you phrase this ya wad ya Koshari without being the laugh of the village for 1001 nights?? [Roll Eyes]

Okay here we go:

I'm sorry to sound like an ancient fart, but how do you "chatters" meet?? [Confused]

I've always thought of myself as a cool dudette, but never knew how people meet through chatting.

I read all those stories about: "I met a guy through chatting and I fell in love at the first hit of a key and we've been chatting back and forth for so long that I'm now e-pregnant".. Or something [Confused]

So my question is very simple:

How do you meet guys/girls through chatting??????

Please, I need an idiot's guide! Really, in the most tiny winy details.. How is someone able to "find" a man online, get him to have your phone number and call you after 48 hours of chatting on-the-frigging-line?

I swear I have nothing but an innocent inquiry here.

Please enlighten the ancient fart.
[Frown]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:

How can you phrase this ya wad ya Koshari without being the laugh of the village for 1001 nights?? [Roll Eyes]

Okay here we go:

I'm sorry to sound like an ancient fart, but how do you "chatters" meet?? [Confused]

I've always thought of myself as a cool dudette, but never knew how people meet through chatting.

I read all those stories about: "I met a guy through chatting and I fell in love at the first hit of a key and we've been chatting back and forth for so long that I'm now e-pregnant".. Or something [Confused]

So my question is very simple:

How do meet guys/girls through chatting??????

Please, I need an idiot's guide! Really, in the most tiny winy details.. How is someone able to "find" a man online, get him to have your phone number and call you after 48 hours of chatting on-the-frigging-line?

Thank you!!!

Ever since I've been reading those boards I've been meaning to ask the very same questions, but I've always been to shy for fear of appearing like an idiot since everyone seems to know about it ... [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey guys..

You know that old song "Torn between two lovers... feeling like a fool...." [Big Grin]

I don't mean you.... it's just that the minute I read your post, that song came to my head.

Bottom line is, be careful of this on-line dating..... I personally never did it before so I am not going to pretend I am some expert on this & give you an advice. But when some guy I just met & just had a few phone conversations with proposes to me or says I love you... I don't beleive him. Something isn't right... he could be after something. I back off asap.

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*
Member # 11811

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
koshary?>>>>>>>>. i lov ya
hehe
u no guys dating onlin is a fart!!!
beleive me its has a posibility of 0.00009% of bein real
ask me about it coz u no thru chattin u only get a third of da person its da easiest thing in da world 2 play with words..u dnt hear a tone and u dnt see any body language which is awfully important !
i dono it might work but the thing is u keep drawin dat image 4 da person ur talkin 2 and dream of stuff he wrote we yasalam if soto kan gamed on da fone looooooooooool dat wod make it even beter and wen u come 2 see him u stumble in2 a totally diffrent personality and wen u get 2 no him is som1 else!!!
though i might say again it may work!!
but micia u r lucky uv got 2 men 2 jiggle with them he3 he3
so wat do u go for the lebanese man2osheh or da german benz hehe ??? but micia i know ur astonished hw quick it is proceedin...its freaky but still makes ur heart poins ya??

Posts: 129 | From: cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*:
i, lov, ya, coz, u, no, thru, chattin, wz, da, dnt, dono, on da fone, wod, in2, som1 else!!! , 2 , man2osheh, ur heart poins ya??

EEEEyyyuuupp!!

I *am* a very old fart.

About time to take some Ebonics lessons!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paint Me As I Am
Member # 7796

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cinematic:
[QB]
Cinematic-- ur avatar reminds me of my tree hugger friend who use to be here long ago with the same avatar.... I sure miss her alot..

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what u mean by a tree hugger ,
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micia - It's nice to hear that guys are all over you - [Smile] you kept asking is it normal they called you from another country.

If the man bought you $120 ticket for your favorite concert and sent you romantic gifts, worked 24 hours to arrange your furniture, drove 3 days through storms to get to you, walked over desert to see you just for 5 minutes, went to shopping and bought your grandmother groceries ( even if you never asked for it ), bought you engagement ring with your favorite stone, wrote you a beautiful romantic poem, recorded CD with all your favorite music, held you for the hand when you visited your Gynecologist or Dentist, got involved in Charity that helps Egyptians because of you, sent you flowers from overseas with love letter attached... called your Dad to ask if he can get to know you better and to express his intentions that's something I would consider - serious interest ( giving, investing, sacrificing, making surprises for you etc ).

But phone calls, text messaging, talking... and all that are very normal and usually - out of boredom.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micia, I think true love can sprout from any type of seed, so follow your head as well as your heart. Don't get too lost in the great feeling of being adored, always have a game plan, as well as a BACK UP game plan just in case [Wink] . Best of luck to you [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cinematic:
[QB]
Cinematic-- ur avatar reminds me of my tree hugger friend who use to be here long ago with the same avatar.... I sure miss her alot..

thank god I remind u of someone you like [Cool] I chose this avatar coz it goes with my identity (an actress wanna be) [Big Grin] & she was a famous movie star
Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Micia, I think true love can sprout from any type of seed, so follow your head as well as your heart. Don't get too lost in the great feeling of being adored, always have a game plan, as well as a BACK UP game plan just in case [Wink] . Best of luck to you [Wink]

Right, Sometime we love the idea of being adored, that somebody is giving "me" attention... that's all. But after a while you'll realize that is not true

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com