EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Streets of Egypt rife with accidents, murder and theft

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Streets of Egypt rife with accidents, murder and theft
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually you don't here much about crimes in Egypt so I was surprised to find that one:

Streets of Egypt rife with accidents, murder and theft

By Ahmad Aboul-Wafa
First Published: September 11, 2006

CAIRO: According to local papers, during the past week crime has been rampant on the streets of Egypt.

Various cases of murder filled the papers this week. Al-Gomhoreya national newspaper reported two murders on Sept. 6, both resulting from financial arguments. One man killed another as a result of a fight over a mobile charge card. In the second murder, a man stabbed a civil servant and her brother over a one-room apartment he had rented from the woman he murdered. The brother is still in the hospital.

In another incident one man killed another with a sword, preventing other people from saving the victim or even calling an ambulance. The motive for the murder was love, as the victim had previously refused the murderer’s proposal to marry his sister.

Al-Mesaa newspaper described the most arguably the most violent murder of the week, which took place in Alexandria. A 17-year-old killed a 6-year-old child in order to rape his dead body and to ensure that the child would not tell anyone. The body was abandoned on a deserted beach and the murderer later returned to the neighborhood to search for the missing child as though nothing out of the ordinary had taken place.

Thefts were also widely reported. Police arrested Eman and Samera, two computer institute graduates, while stealing at the Ramses Hilton Mall; they confessed to eight thefts. They reportedly stole $1,200 and LE 1,900 in one theft and 390 Kuwaiti dinars, $1,900 and LE 700 in another.

Several road accidents took place during the last week as well. A bus accident on the Suez road left eight dead and 43 wounded. In another incident, a businessman stopped to view a car accident in Al-Mansoura and collapsed when he discovered that the wrecked car was his son’s. Both incidents were reported in Al-Mesaa newspaper. Al-Masry Al-Youm reported that seven soldiers were either killed or wounded when their car crashed in Al-Behera.

Celebrities also featured in the week's accidents, specifically the husbands of two celebrities. Husbands of singer and actress Mona Abdel-Ghani and actress Ola Rami were taken to the police station. Abdel-Ghani’s ex-husband fought with her while both were buying a newspaper. Rami accused her husband of expelling her from her flat, saying that he slapped her when she went back to get her belongings.

Traditionally, throughout the world policemen run after suspects, but in Shubra, the opposite took place. A few people claimed that they were policemen and stole LE 3,000 from two men. They could not, however, maintain the masquerade for long. People in the district discovered that they were not real policemen and pursued them through the streets of Shubra.

The most remarkable item on the crime pages this week was a man who asked the police to arrest him and brought them a bag full of the drug marijuana . He said in the police reports that he had found the bag while he was working in the garbage dump, but he had had enough of the world and hoped to find peace in prison.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=2946

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
starting to sound like the states [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
except without the smell of crap everywhere~
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
except without the smell of crap everywhere~

Did you decide to kill yourself yet? If so , when?

Keep making all opportunities for yourself to put Egypt and Egyptians down and never waste any chance to do so, then stand in the middle of your mess asking your dumb questions "why everyone is fighting" and "let's have peace" remark. It just speaks volume of how pathetic you're.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePinkCamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the six year old boy was probably raped first and then killled but it was reported like this to spare the feelings of the family.

The last one is hilarious - I wonder what was going on in his mind.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crime scene: Explosives theft warrants swift action

By Ahmed Aboul-Wafa
First Published: September 18, 2006

There was a renewal of fear over avian flu

Avian flu back in the news; woman tries to sneak gun into Egyptian Museum

CAIRO: Crime journalists, over the past week, have had their work cut out for them. The crime pages of the local newspapers were packed with reports of various types of crimes.

A quarry incident in Sinai warranted special attention, as explosives were the object of the theft. In the light of preexisting threats of terrorist attacks in Sinai, the incident aroused a great deal of attention. Within 24 hours, police forces managed to regain the explosives and to arrest one of the two thieves 7 km from the quarry. The second thief is still at large.

Al-Wafd newspaper reported a renewal of fear over avian flu, which had been out of the news for quite some time. Due to suspicion of avian flu infection, 2,000 chickens were slaughtered in Al-Khanka, Imbaba, Al-Sayeda Zeinab and Zeinhom.

Al-Mesaa newspaper also reported that 1,600 inedible chickens were slaughtered in an operation in the famous commercial streets of Al-Mosky and Al-Ataba. The same campaign found 1,000 Ramadan lanterns of unknown origin and 1,650 kilograms of expired nuts and dried fruits.

Al-Mesaa also reported that a stolen car was returned to its owner 20 minutes after the initial theft. Apparently, this wasn’t due to the efforts of police, but rather a trademark of the thief.

One of the stranger incidents this week was also reported in Al-Mesaa newspaper, a 44-year-old woman apparently suffering from mental illness attempted to enter the Egyptian Museum with a gun in her bag, setting off the metal detector. Three bullets for the gun were also found in her handbag.

Murders also made the news this week. A watchman killed a man in an argument over the price of a mobile phone. Al-Masry Al-Youm reported that a baker had killed his wife because he couldn't afford to divorce her, as the process required more money than he had expected. He lost control when she mocked him for not being able to divorce her and killed her on the street. A similar murder was reported in Al-Masry Al-Youm when a man killed his wife because she didn’t obey his order not to appear in photos at a wedding.

Al-Menia saw its share of fights and traffic accidents this week. Al-Mesaa newspaper reported that 13 had been wounded in a gunfight. In other news, a priest’s funeral turned into six funerals when five died and 17 were wounded in a traffic accident while following the funeral.

In Qalyoub, an ex-police officer was accused of possessing drugs and counterfeit currency.

Another incident took place in Maadi. A woman accused the guard in her building of stealing her dogs. The woman and the guard had argued because he claimed that he couldn’t sleep due to the dogs’ barking and then the woman woke up one morning to find her dogs gone.

Celebrities were also in the news this week. Two thieves were sentenced to two years in jail for stealing from famous singer Nancy Agram’s hotel room. They stole four diamond watches, four diamond earrings, three diamond collars, three diamond rings, two Visa cards and $5,000.

One of the most poignant incidents took place in Cairo. A young man committed suicide because he couldn’t find a job. He left his mother a note apologizing because he couldn’t say goodbye.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=3028

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Usually you don't here much about crimes in Egypt so I was surprised to find that one:

Streets of Egypt rife with accidents, murder and theft

By Ahmad Aboul-Wafa
First Published: September 11, 2006

CAIRO: According to local papers, during the past week crime has been rampant on the streets of Egypt.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=2946

Ahmad Aboul-Wafa must have dug really deep to come up with all of this! Do you think he was trying to put the frighteners on?

If anyone happens to know him, they should tell him to stop watching CNN too.... Streets of Egypt RIFE with accidents, murder and theft. I don't think so somehow... I'm really shocked by this.

One thing that I miss about Egypt is how SAFE the streets are in comparison to Europe. In Germany I try to get home before it's dark and in London for sure I plan any journey ensuring I get home before it's dark, get one of my parents to meet me at a station or take a taxi... In Egypt - Doesn't even cross my mind!

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Latest crime news - Ahmad Aboul-Wafa has it all!

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=3072

I quote: "...The strangest incident of the week took place at Cairo Airport. An Arab passenger was allowed to leave Cairo but prevented from taking the goat’s head and three horns that were in his bag. The size of his bag raised inspector’s suspicions."

What's that - voodoo cult???? [Cool]

katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Latest crime news - Ahmad Aboul-Wafa has it all!

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=3072

I quote: "...The strangest incident of the week took place at Cairo Airport. An Arab passenger was allowed to leave Cairo but prevented from taking the goat’s head and three horns that were in his bag. The size of his bag raised inspector’s suspicions."

What's that - voodoo cult???? [Cool]

He was just hunting
Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com