EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Work for PhD's (Science)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Work for PhD's (Science)
Maribel
Member # 11788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maribel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, my name is Maribel.. Im new to the forum... I dont live in Egypt but maybe one day... right now Im doing my PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences (in California).. by the way Im Mexican.. when I went to Egypt people thought I was egyptian.. but anyways... My question is what type of opportunities (jobs) would I find in Egypt with a PhD... are there different pharmaceutical companies or assistant professor positions? Or is it more of a thing of networking and knowing people to be able to find a job and not taking to long to find one. Yeah.. I know people think Im nuts .. they think "why would you go to an underdeveloped country with a PhD when here you can get a great job and make good money" but Im still some years away from completing my PhD but I like looking at my options ahead of time, and I always want new experiences. I grew up in Mexico so I know what is like to go through loopholes to get something done, and what is like not to have all the conveniences that we have here.. Im just adventurous and looking for the next thing to do. So anyways.. if anyone can give any feedback on what kind of jobs people with Science PhDs do there I will greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,

Mari

Posts: 23 | From: Mexico | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*
Member # 11811

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi mari how r ya...ur welcome in egypt any time....actually its really gr8 studyin and even doin ur PHD's good luck in all..i hav a best frend who works in a multinational company here in egypt its good but not that profitable u no...also she always complains of how little the company has 2 afford for its emlpoyees...
after all u can still find a place here as ur a forigner but dnt expect much of a pay i think u shoul consider dubai or bahrain the opportunities there are magnificent and dey offer accomodation and even cars
well keep considerin all da options and sort out ur plans and it will lead u to the best
best regards and luck too [Smile]

Posts: 129 | From: cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can still have a great job with your PHD in Egypt or any other country in the world whether develped or not..... You can work in the UN agencies in Egypt or Multinational Companies particularly Phramaceuticals such as Pfizer. You can work as a professor or assistant professor... You can work at AUC but i gues they dont have Phrmaeutical Sciences Dep. only Chemistry I guess.... you can always take a vacation to visit here & explore your options

--------------------
cinematic

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ^*^Sh@tterd CrY$t@l*^*:
hi mari how r ya...ur welcome in egypt any time....actually its really gr8 studyin and even doin ur PHD's good luck in all..i hav a best frend who works in a multinational company here in egypt its good but not that profitable u no...also she always complains of how little the company has 2 afford for its emlpoyees...
after all u can still find a place here as ur a forigner but dnt expect much of a pay i think u shoul consider dubai or bahrain the opportunities there are magnificent and dey offer accomodation and even cars
well keep considerin all da options and sort out ur plans and it will lead u to the best
best regards and luck too [Smile]

They always pay more for the foreigner.... they do not get equal salaries... no way
They get paid in $$$$$

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u may find lots of vacancies with u phD. advice keep searching in the web and u may find a suitable job
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com