EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Capri pants

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Capri pants
treesloth
Member # 12025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treesloth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these an ok female form of dress in Egypt? [Smile] I'm packing for moving to Egypt, and wondering if they should go in the suitcase...one is just below the knees, and the other hits between the knees and the ankles.
Posts: 22 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they are fine. Better if loose. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its okay if you wear big abaya over them or black stocking socks pulled up to your knees, topped by a big abaya.
Heehee.
I will leave this to the Egyptians to answer, but "it is always more polite if you wear socks and didn't show your legs."

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is fine. Any unwanted attention will have more to do with your being a tourist than from Capri pants.
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wore anything i wanted , that was decent. my husband didnt like me to wear anything above the knee.but i wore my bathing suit at the beach so whats the difference
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:
It is fine. Any unwanted attention will have more to do with your being a tourist than from Capri pants.

The only time my capri pants got attention is when an older woman gauffed at my bug bite collection on my lower legs. She berated my in-laws for not protecting me against such things. Funny how people do that.

I did notice that the capri pants or cropped pants fashion hasn't caught on in Egypt yet.

I could easily tell which Egyptians were from Abroad and home on vacation, alot of women wore cropped jean pants if they were residing abroad. But no linen pants.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treesloth, you are going to have more than unwanted attention already since you will be one of a few foreigners in Tanta. So capri pants will not make the big difference. You are going to find out by yourself that 'dressing down' is the best way to get around in town.

Good luck with your move! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, capri pants are definitely ok.
Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
its okay if you wear big abaya over them or black stocking socks pulled up to your knees, topped by a big abaya.
Heehee.
I will leave this to the Egyptians to answer, but "it is always more polite if you wear socks and didn't show your legs."

No Queenbee..... that's too much nobody here wears Abbayas, or even knee high socks unless they want to play football [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treesloth
Member # 12025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treesloth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious...why no linen pants?
Posts: 22 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by treesloth:

Because they are see through??

But many women here wear it anyway

If i buy a linen pants that is see through I take it to the tailor to attach a cloth from underneeth.... what is it called? Betanah?

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK's mom
Member # 12086

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK's mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey
'The only time my capri pants got attention is when an older woman gauffed at my bug bite'
....dontcha mean BIG BUTT instead of that there bug bite?
Dem june bugs dont travel far from the bayou, never all that way over them ocean all the way to africa! Anyways........what's a nice ol white, blond, scandinavian, cute and attractive little momma like you doin chasin african men?

[Confused]

--------------------
'all this wealth and still couldn't raise a lady!'

Posts: 9 | From: 10 room flat shebin al kaum | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK's mom:
Honey
'The only time my capri pants got attention is when an older woman gauffed at my bug bite'
....dontcha mean BIG BUTT instead of that there bug bite?
Dem june bugs dont travel far from the bayou, never all that way over them ocean all the way to africa! Anyways........what's a nice ol white, blond, scandinavian, cute and attractive little momma like you doin chasin african men?

[Confused]

Not chasing any man period. never had to.

My @ss is the part of my figure thats perfect, I got a extra tire around the middle. So my butt is adorable, its the extra love handle around the middle that keeps me back. The tummy tire happened after marriage cooking all of this Egyptian food.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by treesloth:

Linen pants don't have to be see through. I have a pair of white linen pants with lining, because the linen is so light.

No I was remarking over the fact that when I saw cropped or capri pants on Egyptian women who were residing abroad, but just on vacation in Egypt, they wore denium cropped pants. Which I find a little weird, wouldn't linen or cotton capris be cooler and looser?

No they wore really tight denium cropped pants with skimpy tee shirts. I couldn't understand why.

tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its so confusing because i read that, 'oh you need to cover up' and blah blah blha, but when i watch the arab news on LBC and stuff, the weather girls are dressed like they are about to hit the clubs right after work! lol
they dress in ways that you cant even dress on the news in the states.
as for me, i wear what i want in egypt and if they dont like it, im loving it:)

Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com