EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » woman on scooter in cairo..???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: woman on scooter in cairo..???
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my wife decided that the best way to get along in Cairo streets is to find her way by herself...i couldn`t agree more..
so i suggested to buy a new car...
she didn`t like to drive a car in cairo...
i don`t blame her for that..
never seen such mess on the streets any where...
but then she told me that she prefers a scooter...or a motorcycle...a Vespa...!!!!! [Eek!]

well...that is very normal in Sao paulo...but in Cairo....Egypt....that will be very wierd...
she complains sometimes that people stare at her being a foriegner...what will happen now...???
it will be a scandal...
so i decided to ask you...
have any lady done that in Cairo b4..and in Nasr City looks even more bizzare..don`t you think ??

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi paulistano!

I think the worst vehicle that she could have in Cairo is a motorcycle/Vespa...they are not common here yet and so the cars don't look out for them as they would in a country where they have many, so the chances of an accident would be high.

She would also attract a lot of attention as the only people who really ride motorcycles around Nasr City are the delivery guys and certainly not women, foreign or otherwise.

The best and safest thing she can drive is a really solid tank of a car that can stand the impact of an accident, but can park on a sixpence (i.e. a small one). Good luck.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulistano:
well my wife decided that the best way to get along in Cairo streets is to find her way by herself...i couldn`t agree more..
but then she told me that she prefers a scooter...or a motorcycle...a Vespa...!!!!! [Eek!]

well...that is very normal in Sao paulo...but in Cairo....Egypt....that will be very wierd...
she complains sometimes that people stare at her being a foriegner...what will happen now...???
it will be a scandal...
have any lady done that in Cairo b4..and in Nasr City looks even more bizzare..don`t you think ??

Your wife is something different.... she's cool.

But I never heard of or seen a woman on a scooter in the streets of cairo or non cairo before.

Not to mention the sexual harrassemnt she'll get & the accidents she'll be prone to.

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chinderella Ideal Stnrd Shower head:
quote:
Originally posted by paulistano:

it will be a scandal...

Your wife is something different.... she's cool.

But I never heard of or seen a woman on a scooter in the streets of cairo or non cairo before.

Not to mention the sexual harrassemnt she'll get & the accidents she'll be prone to.

i am going to print these 2 replies ...and put it on her desk.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] loooooooool
she would like very much being called different and cool..thanks for the compliment...
actually a safe transport doesn`t exist in Cairo..we have a strong 4x4 car...with shields...but still those creeps keep crashing us from behind....even if we are stopped...
lucky we park in the garage of the building...
i guess she must settle for a small car after all...
thanks..

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have sen a woman on a scooter in cairo wearing bhurka is that her sge was stopped by the police cause there was a demonstration going on and she was told to turn round and go back ,thiss was near the oct 12 bridge and im laugh cus we dont see it hereonly them driving cars nrmally ,but if you want i ll do it for you im always game for alaugh ... [Wink]
ps she had a kid on the bck as well is this normal ...

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com