EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » El-Matarya

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: El-Matarya
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading an article online of how there is this one spot in El-Matarya where no bread can be leavened because it is the exact spot where Mary and Jesus, pbuh, were denied bread. Does anyone know if this is true?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you here talking about EL-MATARYA the town or the district in Cairo..??
i never heard of this...

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The district in Cairo.

In one small street in el-Matarya district of today's Cairo (Eid Street/Shek El-Te'eban Street), all kinds of bread and bakery cannot be leavened up to this day, since the Virgin Mary first visited that place with the Holy Family 2000 years ago and they were refused bread and cast away. This is an ongoing miracle that anyone can witness till this very day. Bread leavens normally in all surrounding streets.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:LyDg-P07Gn8J:www.orthodoxwiki.org/The_Holy_Family_in_Egypt+el+matarya+egypt&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I can't understand is how unpopular the "Holy Family in Egypt" tour is. But somehow Christians of all sorts go to Palestine to see the "Holy" sites of Christianity.

Personally I plan to do a pilgrimage to Jerusalam but want to do the "Holy Family in Egypt" tour within the next 5 years.

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/148ef9/

Now that is something I want to see next time in Cairo. Along with the Old Cemetary community, but my in-laws won't let me near the place because the consider the entire place to be inhabited by criminals.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I can't understand is how unpopular the "Holy Family in Egypt" tour is. But somehow Christians of all sorts go to Palestine to see the "Holy" sites of Christianity.

Personally I plan to do a pilgrimage to Jerusalam but want to do the "Holy Family in Egypt" tour within the next 5 years.

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/148ef9/

Now that is something I want to see next time in Cairo. Along with the Old Cemetary community, but my in-laws won't let me near the place because the consider the entire place to be inhabited by criminals (according to them).

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is true doodlebut , St.Mary asked there for bread to eat and people in this time denied to give her to eat , so that is why never can a bread to be leavened
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kouki
Member # 11713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kouki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebut:
I was reading an article online of how there is this one spot in El-Matarya where no bread can be leavened because it is the exact spot where Mary and Jesus, pbuh, were denied bread. Does anyone know if this is true?

this is true
Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Do you say it is true because you have experienced it or because you read it somewhere?
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehehe read for sure no i know this well, and there are other place that St.Mary asked for bread and she found an old lady , the old lady tell her ok just wait me i make some bread and i will give you , and when saint mary see here working she tryed to held the old lady and put her hand in the flower , when backing the old woman realized that the amount of bread is to big than the amount of flower , in fact it is enought for all the streets (and sure the old woman didnt plained to eat all the street , she was making some bread for her use only) and the build a place there named ezbawya
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

nuh uh!
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
what it mean???????

doodlebug
Member # 11649

It's just an expression when you're shocked at something. [Smile]
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
and why you shocked
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Because it's like a supernatural thing that I didn't think was possible. I mean how is it that the bread cannot be leavened? What makes it that way.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com