EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » medicine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: medicine
treesloth
Member # 12025

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for treesloth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if any form of ADD medicine is available in Egypt? It doesn't seem like a good idea to be ADD and distracted in Cairo--you might be run over by a bus or something!
Posts: 22 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly are the medications you need? Ritalin, Dextrostat and Catapres are available mostly in big pharmacies in CAIRO and ALEX.

I would suggest you bring your medications along with you. It's always the safest thing to do. And do not get rid of the boxes to save space, because of security checks at Cairo airport that might be suspicious of unknown drugs!

How long are you staying in Tanta?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep as said allready you will find those type of drugs no probs in Cairo and so much cheaper too.
Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you just trying to score for personal recreation? If so, it'll be tricky, but cash will probably make it happen. If it's for medical reasons, I think all drugs are available here.

I love the drug subsidies. My wife bought some meds to help with some lady issues, and they cost about 10% of what they would've been back home.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treesloth
Member # 12025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treesloth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I take them for medical reasons--otherwise I'm the walking picture of distraction...my husband sent me to the doctor after I left my house keys in the garden one day and locked him out of the house (by taking his keys) the week before.

If all goes as planned, I'd be in Tanta for 3 years.

Posts: 22 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treesloth check your mailbox for Tanta info.
Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gentle_giant:

I love the drug subsidies. My wife bought some meds to help with some lady issues, and they cost about 10% of what they would've been back home.

Wow your wife takes off to give birth in the safety of her home country in the comfort of her family and you go beserk without her!

Is it because you miss her so much, need her so much, or really resent that you have to suffer Cairo alone without her?

Is this a love/hate thing? And I hope she doesn't read this forum.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you actually have ADD? or just do what everyone else has done? some people just lose their keys ...maybe get a key chain with a clapper on it ..
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
roll a nice long joint...makes me notice everything. lol
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Everyone's_a_Pascha:
quote:

Wow your wife takes off to give birth in the safety of her home country in the comfort of her family and you go beserk without her!
Is it because you miss her so much, need her so much, or really resent that you have to suffer Cairo alone without her?

Huh? Beserk? What do you mean?
I don't do pharmacy drugs, but I know people who do.

What reason would I have to not want my wife to read?

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treesloth
Member # 12025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treesloth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have ADD. I see a psychiatrist regularly, and am not taking these medicines just for fun. As for why not buy a clapper--the key ring is only just one example--I do take a lot of physical steps to try to change my behavior, but the medicine also helps. I don't want to turn this into a "Do you believe that ADD exists" thread.
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Everyone's_a_Pascha:
quote:

Huh? Beserk? What do you mean?
I don't do pharmacy drugs, but I know people who do.

What reason would I have to not want my wife to read?

Sono aka Albino aka Pascha misjudging misinterpreting as usual ..... thinks she's smarter than anybody [Roll Eyes]

You should see the thread of Paulistano & what Albino did to the poor guy... you'll understand [Big Grin]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002118

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by treesloth:
Yes, I have ADD. I see a psychiatrist regularly, and am not taking these medicines just for fun. As for why not buy a clapper--the key ring is only just one example--I do take a lot of physical steps to try to change my behavior, but the medicine also helps. I don't want to turn this into a "Do you believe that ADD exists" thread.

But this thread will trun into wooooohoooo ADDers

Becasue I am one who's got it too [Big Grin]

But I take no meds for it..... as distractable as ever [Big Grin]

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com