EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Let's say something good about Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let's say something good about Egypt
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is for good & positive things in Egypt.... If you have negative comments please start another thread.

I hope we could say something positive for once [Roll Eyes]

What I like:

Cairo is a lively city that never sleeps.... you can find anything even if it's so late..... fast food delivery, phamacies, supermarkets ....etc

Alex & the North coast .... beautiful beatches

The weather

Safety.... no natural distasters

Safety..... lower crime rate than... (I guess)

Someone else gets to vote for you [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Zamalek

Please add.....

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nile

you can drive the way you like.... you wont get punished for it [Big Grin]

The summer nights are beautiful

You can have as many friends as you want & can go out almost everyday [Big Grin]

Families are close

A friend pointed out that you get many people doing odd jobs you wont find aywhere... like the milk man, the ironing man (makwagy)....

Servants are cheap.... abroad you pay fortunes for cleaning services

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes....ZAMALEK...
i knew you couldn`t be an AHLY fan...looooooooool

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by paulistano:
yes....ZAMALEK...

I love Zamalek.... there is a certain charm to it

I also like Wust el Balad although it's crowded & can be dirty

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheap real estates...
i just bought a new house tonight...
i am very happy i did...
the price comparing to Brazil is peanuts..
cheap medical care..
going to the dentist is not a threat to your budget...
The Red Sea...
cheap computer accessories...
good tatse of fruits..
never had the taste of the Egyptian mangos any where in this world..
you can eat a vegeterian food ( koshari ) so cheap..
Alexandria in winter...is wonderful..
will tell you more later...
gotta take a bite...brb [Big Grin]

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chinderella angel:
quote:
yes....ZAMALEK...

I love Zamalek.... there is a certain charm to it

I also like Wust el Balad although it's crowded & can be dirty

the charm of ZAMALEK is that we win very difficult...not that easy like AHLY..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roxy,
Abbas el Akkad
mobile ring tones
bassboussa, conefar
soubiah

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
good tatse of fruits..
never had the taste of the Egyptian mangos any where in this world..
[/QB]

Right [Cool]
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
sheesha and playing tawla with my friends on the cafe..
amazing grilled fish ,sea fruit soup and gambary 2azzaaz in Suez...
calamary , gandofly and kabouria in Alex

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
watching the sun rises from the sea in Marsa 3alam..
sun set in Matrouh
felouka in Asswan..
moon light swimming in ain sukhna..

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

oh the fresh breeze in Alex

you right Wotever about the Basboosa & Konafa

I also like Ramadam here

I once went to USA in Ramadan... didnt feel anything.... I passed out in one of the shops while shopping

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kofta, brains, moulokhia, bamiya, stuffed pigeons

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 7 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
watching the sun rises from the sea in Marsa 3alam..
sun set in Matrouh
felouka in Asswan..
moon light swimming in ain sukhna..

oh my god... I forgot to mention the sun set in Alex & the north coast.... & the full moon in the desert.

We have nice desert safari trips

You can alwys go somewhere when you're suffocating from cairo

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
is it time for sohour fellas..???
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
looks like we are all getting hungry here..
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Abdel halim Hafez

Soad Hosny

Om kalthoum

Abdel Wahab

Classical black & white movies

--------------------
Femme Fatale

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
basbousa and konafa...damn...!!!!!!!!

i am forbidding myself from eating this...

diet in Ramadan is great...
but don`t forget hareesa from el halaby in Alexandria...

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Abdel halim Hafez

Soad Hosny

Om kalthoum

Abdel Wahab

Classical black & white movies

sha3ban 3abdel re7eem...sha3bolla...
he is the sign of the time...
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:

but don`t forget hareesa from el halaby in Alexandria... [/QB]

oh hareesa... love it

I also love food from Alex... like ta3meya, Basterma, feteer & good fish

paulie, there is no Sha3bola like ours [Big Grin]
I hate him though [Eek!]

Screw you
Member # 11942

ringer, basal ahdar and aish beladi

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
[QUOTE like ta3meya, Basterma, feteer & good fish

paulie, there is no Sha3bola like ours [Big Grin]
I hate him though [Eek!] [/QB][/QUOTE]

you mean Falafel...right..???? [Big Grin]
i hate the bastard too...hahhahahhah
but ..he is our voice to the world now adays..... [Big Grin]

Sarah02
Member # 1332

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian sense of humour and friendliness.

Wasaayet.If you have a wasta you can pretty much get what you want!

Khan el khalili.

Yeah it's great that services here are so cheap like the makwagy and cleaning services and most things you want delivered can be home delivered.

Alex in the summer is lively, in the winter it's beautiful.

Posts: 116 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by Sarah02:
Egyptian sense of humour and friendliness.

Wasaayet.If you have a wasta you can pretty much get what you want!

Khan el khalili.

Yeah it's great that services here are so cheap like the makwagy and cleaning services and most things you want delivered can be home delivered.

Alex in the summer is lively, in the winter it's beautiful.

you're right about the wasta, Kosah
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 14 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptians can disagree and all that.... but in times of trouble they stand up for one another & become one hand [Wink]

Nobody can deny en el masreeyn geda3aan

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sun, palms, always the blue sky, warm, hot, friendly and helpful people (incl. the falaheen), everything is possible (with some bakshish [Wink] ), Arabic language, music, I love Cairo, beautiful resorts at the Red Sea, nightlife, fresh pressed mango juice, Om Aly..... [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the differences between the cities, the desert, the oceans - always something to see and do

the warmth and friendliness of the people - the way they befriended my son and took him to play football with the locals, made him a packed lunch to take on his journey home

I really must make the time to see the parts so far not visited like Alex, Aswan, Port Said.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
visit al arish near beer abyd and go and take a drive through the dessert and u find a lagoon its uknown to the tourists there its where my husband is from its part of egypt actually the tourist does not see and even most who live in egypt rememeber there is egyptians that live in dessert and sinai not all in sharmh sheik thre is the north .......beautiful ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its on my itinery, thanks!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love:
Eating especially:
Eating a full falafel from El shabraoui, Fish in Alexandria the Dinis and Morgan ones are so yummy , the Mashi and the brown rice, the kiri pie in Roxy and the lemon cheese cake and the American coffee at Benots in Korba ( not sure about the spelling).

Going to:
the coiffeur and spend half of the day, chatting with my friends while trying new beauty stuff, going to the mosque on Friday, hanging around in Korba at night, going to Alexandria for the week end,

I miss riding some Camels around the Pyramide :)and to take some littel baby street cats in my arms

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cari Egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Alex in the winter time. The city becomes more calm and the sea looks so beautiful. I like Cairo because there so much to do. I do feel in Egypt, its all about the family and friends, enjoying time with each other. The food is good, fresh fruit juices, fresh cookies, fresh bread, etc. The smell of jasmine when you walk down the streets. Seeing children enjoying soccer, no matter where they are in the city. Not affraid to go outside really late and just walk around. The exciting fact that we are in a country that alot of people would love to visit and explore. I remember watching Discovery channel back in the US, when I was younger, thinking it would be a trip that I couldn't even imagine. Look at me now. lol.
Posts: 19 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Souri*:

I miss riding some Camels in the Pyramide :)and to take some littel baby street cats in my arms

Hm, you mean riding camels around the pyramids. [Wink] And I'd be more than careful to touch kittens on the street. You could easily catch some disease. Your health before their health; it doesn't mean you can't help them.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
the differences between the cities, the desert

Yup, it's such a difference if you compare a noisy city like Cairo with somewhere in the quiet desert.

I actually like to travel through the villages and watch people working on the farmland. I am always impressed to see the very simple life these people living and still they seem to be very happy and content with the little what they have. I made very good experiences with farmer families, they share with strangers their food - something what is missing today from our society.

Oh, and I adore little Egyptian children, they are soooo cute! Wish I had one on my own. [Wink]

Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people in egypt are the friendliset and most hospitable I have have ever met in all my travels around the globe. They are accepting , accomodating and ever so willing to share. From sharing their food to their homes to their lives,, they are no doubt just wonderful human beings.
Posts: 85 | From: bottom_of_the_barrel | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guava juice

eating black roasted corn-on-the-cob while window shopping at night

the sound of the call to prayer

the option of travelling in the women-only compartment on the metro

the smell of shisha from the pavement coffeeshops

the sound of car horns hooting in celebration of a wedding

the dizzying lights of the party boats on the Nile

happy, relaxed, smiling people, rather than the stressed out workaholics you get here whose lives are run to a strict timetable - people who have their priorities right, and know what's really important in life.

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

watching and listening to altercations from your appartment.

waiting for the cannon to signal breakfast, watching the different tam salaya's

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al Mashy restaurant in Hurghada.
The wether.
The exotic smell when you step out of the airplane.
The light and the nightlife in Hurghada at night.
The beautifull Marina in El Gouna.
The Orientel Grill in El Gouna - ROMANCE ON A HIGH LEVEL.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

I had this long wonderful walk from Dokki to El Tahrir Sq. & I crossed the two bridges

It was in the evening with a classmate (a guy for protection)

The walk was so beautiful..... I saw Cairo from another angle.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

OK Abdel Halim again
Who can deny that this guy had incredible voice & made incredible music
I'm listening to his songs right now..... El Layaly, Fi Youm Fi Shahr Fi Sana, Resala Mn Ta7at El maa2, Kare2a El fingan

I liked Wust El Balad Band...... they used to make good songs .... they play in El Sakkya & After 8

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this long wonderful walk from Dokki to El Tahrir Sq. & I crossed the two bridges

Where is that ?

I like walking along the river Nile in Zamaleck in fromt of aera of Kit Kat

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Ho my God I don't like this avatar she looks so depress I'll have to change it again [Frown]
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:

Where is that ?

Zamalek is also great

I walked from El Tahrir Street in Dokki & crossed the Kasr El Nile bridge & The other bridge (god i forgot it's name) until I reached El Tahrir Square in Down Town where the AUC is

get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Where is that ?

Zamalek is also great

I walked from El Tahrir Street in Dokki & crossed the Kasr El Nile bridge & The other bridge (god i forgot it's name) until I reached El Tahrir Square in Down Town where the AUC is

That's my very favourite part of Cairo. I did that walk every single night in and out of the city centre whenever I've stayed there. We always rent a flat in Dokki. The bridge walk is incredible - especially when you look down the Nile and see all the lights...

Ooh you've made me all nostalgic now! I'd give anything to be there tonight [Frown]

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many wonderful aspects of Egypt:

Sunrise and sunsets;

The scent of charcoal burning, in the evening;

Mint tea, overlooking Cairo;

The evocative sound of the call to prayer;

The Nile;

Walking around Zamalek, Heliopolis, Azhar Park. The joy of watching the traffic on 6 October Bridge, knowing you are not stuck in it.

The excitement and beauty of Cairo, especially at night and the delightful tranquility of Luxor and Aswan;

The beaches, the sunshine, the food - Egyptian bread, fruit, vegetables;

The zany, warm humour of the people;

The adrenaline rush after successfully crossing the road in central Cairo.

What an amazing country!

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
the colour of the mediterrenean in MATROUH..
terqouise blue...
the white colour of the sand...
dates...tamara as we call it in portugese..
and sugarcane juice...

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

ardooda
Member # 5159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardooda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soul
Posts: 84 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com