EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » so the Brazilian resturant is fake...is there a real thai resturant..??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so the Brazilian resturant is fake...is there a real thai resturant..??
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok..last night i was with my wife to that strange place of what they call...Brazilian resturant...
it was in zamalek..
we were shocked..
what they cook there has nothing to do with Brazilian food..
nothing traditional from Bahia...or santa Catharina..or from fortaleza...
of course no fijuada...because of pork...
ok...no churascaria Brasiliera..???
this is like kabab in Egypt..!!!!
it is all about meat in Brazil...
it was just inventions of the chef...
and he called it Brazilian food...
ok...the food was bad...the price was high..total rip off..
now...the question...
is there any one who knows a real good thai resturant in Cairo..??

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
theres a goodone in nasr city .....cant rememebr the street but its there and even a good OLE ENGLSISH BAR THATS HIDDEN AWAY ...but iheared off tahar hussain there ia nice italian resturant as well hes known for brazilian touches and even spanish ,,too
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buo Khao in Maadi is really good for Thai. It's just around from petit swiss chalet, near the fly-over which takes traffic away from the corniche.

I also went to an over-priced flash one at a hotel on the corniche (may have been called the bird cage), but that was pretty average.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Birdcage in the Semiramis, in Garden City. The food was good but the desserts weren't so great.

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Thai food in Egypt is at the J.W. Marriot Hotel on Suez Road. it is expensive but very very good and authentic - cooked by a Thai Chef.

--------------------
BLAME CANADA

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Le Meridien Heliopolis, was there yesterday, they have a thai chef too! The tom yum tasted great, n so did the maindish!

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok...i have to say here...
that i am the best thai cook ever was...
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
but no problem ..
i just want to see who reached close to my level..
[Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com