EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Vote here for new 7 wonders of the world

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vote here for new 7 wonders of the world
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over on the Egyptology board they have a thread to vote for the New 7 wonders of the world. It gave me an idea.

Why dont we start one too? [Big Grin]

Here is one to start you off

1) Keyring zip drive

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2) internet

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3) Gigolos [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another amazing wonder of the world, would be:

4) A program to detect & ban users who steal other forum member's user ID and pretend to be them!

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod [Big Grin]
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:

1) Keyring zip drive

If the damn thing doesn't die 4 days before final research papers and exams are due.

Flash drives or "keyring zip drives" were like having a magic storage space in my hand for months. Then the evil backstabbing blaspeming drive died.

It took me another 3 weeks to resurrect those research papers and I was given 1 incomplete. [Frown]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
Sonomod [Big Grin]

[Roll Eyes] [Eek!] No way! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod

No I wasn's refering to Sonomod

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Souri,
I think Akshar has moved into pole position and yours is a close second [Smile] It should have an inbuilt device which delivers a huge electrical current through their mouse to them as soon as they login, under the stolen id!! frazzled!! yeah! and I agree sono is not the one, but she may be a serious candidate for a wonder though

[Big Grin]

Sono I had one that mysteriously died on me too but luckily nothing of huge importance on it, unlike you [Frown]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking more along the lines of Sonomod being one of the new Seven Wonders of the World, Souri, after considering her unprovoked attack on Akshar in the Love and Marriage section! [Wink]
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of Sonomod being one of the new Seven Wonders of the World, Souri, after considering her unprovoked attack on Akshar in the Love and Marriage section! [Wink]

Its not unprovoked. Since you live in the Red Sea Resort area it pretty much leaves one with the impression you have the same sort of reason for living in Egypt as Akshar.

And this is the same group of females that are sending Sammy several reports everyday because they can't fight their own fights! They haven't developed adult social skills.

You are just protecting yourself when you side with her.

I can't understand why so few egy-board members care or even contemplate what these Egyptian wives who have Orfi khawagaa wives go through. Its pretty much been an uncontested belief that Egyptian wives don't suffer as long as the sugarmama keeps on dolling in the cash. Like having to share a husband and live through the morbid embarrassment can be paid off.

I mean seriously, how could any person be so cold and selfish? But this is ES and only the most cold, imperial and catty evilness is considered fair game.

Why in hell aren't Egyptian wives in this situations given the same amount of consideration that khawagaa sugarmamas are?

Why isn't there any Egyptian wives who managed to kick the khawagaa sugarmama out of their husband's lives on this board to balance the view of these "cottage industry" marriages out?

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Ok Sonomod, I take your point, I will go back to England on the next plane. I am a heartless khawagaa sugarmama and my husband's two Egyptian wives and ten children hate me anyway.
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I am thinking along different lines:
7 Wonders of the World
The Pyramids of Giza of course
Stonehenge
Easter Island
Statue of Liberty
oh well that's 4... OOOPs!!! I just noticed the title NEW WONDERS oh well these are old of course. [Smile]

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Ok Sonomod, I take your point, I will go back to England on the next plane. I am a heartless khawagaa sugarmama and my husband's two Egyptian wives and ten children hate me anyway.

Well this a first, an Egyptian guy with a sugarmama and two natural wives.... Hmm I don't think this could ever happen, but according to you it has.

What I find odd is how humans in the turn of the century saw these "wonders of the world" as man-made. If I was to put together a list it would be natural formations that would get my vote.

My list of "natural" wonders of the world:

First on my list would be(a bit prejudice here):

Grand Canyon
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/75

Second (another natural formation):

Victoria Falls
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/509

Third (extremely prejudice here, had a lifelong loveaffair with Vietnam):

Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/951

Fourth (plan to hike these someday):

Great Smoky Mountains National Park
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/259
(Loads of American lore, deeply romantic)

Fifth (also plan to do vacation here in the next few years, a holy site for a Christian like myself):

Göreme National Park and the Rock Sites of Cappadocia
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/357

Sixth (the entire penisula, I need to spend 7 months or more in isolation on this rock before I get too old, I still have passion dreams about this place):

Volcanoes of Kamchatka
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/765
(Mainly due to Native North American lore the entire rock/penisula has very strong spiritual meaning to me. I'd be happy just to spend 5 days bear watching here)

Seventh this one is not on the world heritage list:

Yucatan: 150-kilometer-wide crater lies just off the Yucatan peninsula. This is rumored in the scientific community to be the exact landing spot for the astroid that killed off the dinosaurs

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/extinction/dinosaurs/asteroid.html

Call me foolish, childish or just plain strange; but I must see the pit which was created by the asteroid impact that killed off the dinosaurs. Be completely honest I look forward to the asteroid that will kill off the humans. [Big Grin]

*Souri*
Member # 9095

I think Akshar has moved into pole position and yours is a close second It should have an inbuilt device which delivers a huge electrical current through their mouse to them as soon as they login, under the stolen id!! frazzled!! yeah! and I agree sono is not the one, but she may be a serious candidate for a wonder though

Tooti,

The inbuilt device which deliver a huge electrical through the mouse is an excellent idea, it would for sure, prevent users from stealing other forum member's user ID and those who create new account in order to attack members they don’t like, but I’ am sure after a while Placebo Flamingo, Teflontoupee, and the others, would manage to find a way to pirate the new device [Smile]

king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The COMPUTER itself
Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5)ES

[Big Grin]

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com