EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How difficult is it to hook up for a khawagaa straight male?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How difficult is it to hook up for a khawagaa straight male?
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like alot of khawagaa or foreign hetrosexual men have a tough time as expats dealing with romantic and sexual lonliness (if they are single).

I mean how difficult is it for khawagaa hetro men to deal with not having a sufficent pool of available women? How do they deal with it?

Answer the poll and please comment.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 12 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...... and how is your sex life (it's like anyone wants to know [Confused] )?

Are you trying to create a survey to find out if you have chances after all (if) you should make it to Egypt???

And if indeed some expat guy would answer to you on this forum you would have nothing better to do then immediately shred him into pieces..... or send him a pm! [Razz]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
...... and how is your sex life (it's like anyone wants to know [Confused] )?

Are you trying to create a survey to find out if you have chances after all (if) you should make it to Egypt???

And if indeed some expat guy would answer to you on this forum you would have nothing better to do then immediately shred him into pieces..... or send him a pm! [Razz]

Tigerweed this poll isn't about me, its not about you.

And we all know about your living arrangement in Cairo.

You are not a hetro expat male in Egypt.

Why not shove off and let the true spirit of this thread be. I posted a poll so it would be anonymous.

Could you play nicely? THis thread isn't about you.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Sonomod, I know I am not a male heterosexual (at least not since I looked last time [Wink] ) but I actually lived within the expat community in Cairo (I can just talk about the location in specific) - which you don't have to seem a clue about. And believe me these guys don't have a tough time getting some lovin'.

Have a good night! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this tread belong in a "forum" like www.89.com insted. - there sono can post her own videos too. Check it out - you might like so much you will leave ES alone [Smile]

And please explain what it is you find sooo weird an provocative about the way Tiger and her boyfriend lived in Cairo - to somebody who cares because the rest of us dont.....

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't answer the poll Sono Pasha! I was allowed only one option and I didn't find it logical to only choose one.

Almost all the scenarios you mentioned are possible.

There are cafes, parties (the New Year's is the best), friends of friends, colleagues, and of course Internet.

It's just that the social control makes an extramarital relationship between a foreign man and an Egyptian lady very difficult to hold for long.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have many gay friends here in Cairo and believe me they get more offers than I do.

They tell me that the bridge from the Sheraton to downtown is one of the most frequented pick up places, just walk up and down there if your looking for a man, also taxi drivers are always offering more than the ride home,

Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
I couldn't answer the poll Sono Pasha! I was allowed only one option and I didn't find it logical to only choose one.

Almost all the scenarios you mentioned are possible.

There are cafes, parties (the New Year's is the best), friends of friends, colleagues, and of course Internet.

It's just that the social control makes an extramarital relationship between a foreign man and an Egyptian lady very difficult to hold for long.

I thought I was makaing all 6 options available to chose instead of just one. I kept on going back to edit and add options and forgot to check the right radio button.

Response to both MK and sunburnt,
Yeah I've heard of expats reverting and actually marrying an Egyptian woman to bring back to the west, but this seems to happen only if the bride to be has lived most of her life in the west.

I know in IT that loads of the male professionals state-side (in the USA) have trouble forming romantic relationships. When one of these guys do manage to find a long term relationship he pops the question in a short time. The profession just happens to attract this sort of guy, and with a high level of misgony to go with it.

I just wonder about how my future male co-workers deal with that kind of exclusion.

I live in a gay neighborhood now (40% is a gay dominated neighborhood). Loads of my neighbors have friends working in the Middle East, most in Dubai. Somehow foreign gay men aren't hassled by the authorities in the Middle East.

Hetro male expats must be in dire hell.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about foreign men marrying Egyptian girls & they do convert to islam. Some Egyptian girls i know now would rather marry or date a foreigner.... provided he converts.... they are sick of Egyptian men

For a foreign man to date in Egypt.... i think it's pretty easy if he goes to the night clubs & all such places..... there are so many girls who are available for.... anything

I think most of single forigners are depressed here.
i once went to Agamy a few years ago & heard about this American who committed suicide.......... I have no idea who oe whether he was single or not..... but it seems living in Egypt didnt turn out as they hoped.

LOL..... Egyptians are so depressed because of what's happpening to the country & what's happening to them..... so do u expect a foreigner to be happy??? no way.

If you read Negm's poem that i tried to translate (it's still a bad translation) you'll know how Egytpians feel

And i am not talking about tourists...... im talking about forigners like you who live here & have a hard time coping...... Take care, try not too get hard on yourselves.........

Anyway, sorry to get of topic

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to find a foreign woman to date if you dont want to marry nor revert to Islam...

There are many western women here who cannot stand Egyptian men. There are also many African women in Cairo who work or study and know how to take care of a man.

--------------------
"Whashing One's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral" -Freire-

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as an egyptian male,i find it quite sad that my fellow egyptian males are seen in a poor light,maybe because i lived all my life abroad?or maybe it is just the bad apples in the barrell?I dont know [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an expat here in Cairo and find that mozt expat men have no trouble in picking up local girls. Must admit it gets on my nerves when I see married expat men who have wifes back home looking after the family for years to get dumped because some young thing flatters his ego. I asked one man who had been married 30 years why he had done this
"she makes me look young" was his answer

I told him no she doesnt she makes u look rich

So for all you "gals" that feel embarresed about being taken in by an egyptian man well don't be because plenty of expat men are being taken too

Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Sunburnt to a lesser degree. We know many expat men living here, whose wives could not cope and left, and there are many takes for them. Sorry to admit there is some form of prostitution that goes on here know one ever seems to want to talk about. And they are Egyptian women mainly from lower classes. These guys of course could care less what class she is from as they are not looking for wives, since they have them back home.

But for a cheap price, and I mean "cheap" by western standards they have many women to choose from. Women who prey on Western men by the way. Either they are looking for funds or possible visa.

There are thousands of beautiful girls that grew up orphans, runaways, etc. Some go into the belly dancing industry others just become prostitutes for wealthy western and gulf men.

BTW not all of them are Egyptian, many Eastern European women as well.

Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This is very disgusting, but why do Estern women are doing that too? Im mean don't they do that from their own countries

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Souri*:

This is very disgusting, but why do Estern women are doing that too? Im mean don't they do that from their own countries

I believe they come from very poor countries with not many tourists or expats, so they move to countries like Dubai, Egypt, etc. Plus there may be some kind of sex slavery going on as well, but I'm not 100% certain. I know many are sold as mail order brides, they are just deperate, I suppose.
Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
I just want to add that single expat men looking for a little more than casual sex, like a potential bride, may find less prospects because of the bias in the religion that doesn't allow the women to marry non-muslims. They may convert on paper but many of them are not sincere converts, and the women they are marrying know this. It's just to get thru the red tape.
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Yes all the male expats that I know who have converted have done so only on paper but that is the flaw in the law, making someone do it doesn't mean they mean it or that they will uphold it.

Yes there are many eastern europeans doing the same thing but they tend to go for "arabs" and also Filipinos they tend to go for western expats but can only go on what I see and that is that the majority of the woman are egyptians

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
as an egyptian male,i find it quite sad that my fellow egyptian males are seen in a poor light,maybe because i lived all my life abroad?or maybe it is just the bad apples in the barrell?I dont know [Frown] [Frown]

Dude if you were looking for an Egyptian wife this wouldn't bother you in the least.
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Souri*:

These cheap low class women are hoping to marry one of those expats who seem rich & that would be their passport out of the country.
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These cheap low class women are hoping to marry one of those expats who seem rich & that would be their passport out of the country.

I understand that, but why don't they do that from their own countries?
Isn't much quiker to marry a rich man from their own countries? instead of going to an other poor one ?

Why do they come to Egypt? Are there so many rich men waiting to marry them there?
This is what I don't understand

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
The majority of them come here as maids and they see these middle aged men with lots of money and a western passport. They flatter them and hang on to every word they say and these silly men believe it all. I don't blame the girls for wanting to "better" themselves it's the men that are at fault
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just visit The Ace Club and you will witness what you have been discussing.

They both get what they want from these relationships...but I saw a really pretty Sudenese girl with a huge alcoholic blotter the other night..wow..she must be desperate! He is such an ass too.

Hey ho..as long as they are happy..lol

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this ace club have a website or blog??

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were in Egypt, I doubt I'd have a problem finding some loving [Big Grin]

What about sexually transmitted diseases though?

How prevalent are STDs in Egypt?

~Alistair

--------------------
Lies fade like smoke when uncovered..but Truth, burns like fire.

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Civil Disobedience         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can find the Ace Club at: www.aceclubcairo.com
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com