EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Help me find my dog - Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help me find my dog - Hurghada
countess
Member # 12220

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for countess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Wednesday 18/10 my lovely female german shepherd was stolen from Al Zahabia area in Hurghada. Shes only 9 months old and is toooooo friendly. She was sitting outside the house and apparently a man in a white car stopped and began to play with her and then took her in his car. Unfortunately she has not been microchipped. Distinguishing facts - she answers to the name of Patra, she has a black spot on her tongue, she is spayed - other than that she is a black and brown shepherd with very upstanding ears!

I am hoping she is still in this town and that we can track her down - we miss her very much and the house is not the same without her!

There is also a generous reward for her return!

Posts: 7 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning, that's the first time that I hear of animal theft in Egypt. [Frown] You need to act very quickly - it might help to put flyers around with her picture. Also talk to the local vet to contact you if she's showing up at his office. But it's also very possible that the guy doesn't live in Hurghada, he's there for work or vacation and takes her back to his home city. Worst case scenario he dumps her after a while somewhere.... Netherless good luck in finding your beloved pet.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately,this happens a lot.
Check out the pet shops.
Also,they are often sold in the market here in Cairo. I will keep a look out too.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend in Hurghada has lost 1 dog (German Shepherd also) through theft and 1 ran out into the road and got knocked over by Microbus. You should see the street dogs go mad when Microbus drives past. It's like they all remember it (them) as the murderer! She also knows others who have had dogs stolen.. so seems it's not an isolated case.
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a pet shop in Hurghada that has the reputation for stealing pedigree dogs and selling them for enormous prices to the tourists.
If you go to the Sheriton Road, it is situated in one of the side street at the back of MacDonalds. Good luck!

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloclo
Member # 2342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloclo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a Animal Center in Hurgada.The most lost dogs are there.
The adress is:Mubarak 1 Nr.14 Apt.7
Mobile:010-5490046
Tel:065-3543492
Good Luck.
I hope all the best for you.

Posts: 3 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck in finding your dog. It is unusual though if your dog is black that it would be stolen. My dog is also black and brown and is given a very wide berth by the local's although his favourite pasttime is begging for chocolate eclairs and cheese straws!

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi..just a friendly word of advice...do NOT feed your dog any type of chocolate as it can kill them...even a very small amount. Any vet in the states will tell you this. Anti-freeze also is another killer for all animals. Good luck in finding your dog and yes it is a problem in Egypt.
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
countess
Member # 12220

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for countess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we have been told about this pet shop by several people now - it would seem to be very well known. I am told the owner picks up pedigree dogs and keeps them at his villa until they can be sold. We are trying to find out where the villa is and we have people watching out for us. I have not given up yet but it is difficult to stay positive!
I guess the thing with black dogs is because of islam which forbids ownership of dogs unless they are looking after property etc. Black dogs are specifically targetted but not sure why - this attitude to black dogs is in quite a few cultures - poor black dogs, eh? The reason Patra would be so attractive for stealing is that she is a pedigree german shepherd or, as they call it here, police dog. I think it appeals to the macho image. Mind, Patra's not very macho - it took me all my efforts to get her to bark - too friendly. Guess this is why it was so easy for the guy to get her into the car!

Posts: 7 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Black Dog Syndrome

http://www.blackpearldogs.com/

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
You need to act very quickly - it might help to put flyers around with her picture.

Yes, I would do the same. Photocopy her picture and distribute as many copies as possible. Put the info (reward / phone number) on there in Arabic and English. Maybe even put it up on some websites that tourists or people living in Hurghada might look at.
I don't know about Hurghada, but in Cairo a German Shepherd will get lots of attention, and with people being as observant as they are in Egypt [Wink] it would be very difficult to move a dog like that around completely unnoticed.

Good luck, hope you get your dog back! [Frown]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pet shop behind MacDonalds has been closed by the police I hear.
R

Posts: 53 | From: uk/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the same shop that a man named Dr Mohamed ran/owned??
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the best news I have heard in a long time Bombay1. He really was a disgusting man and his shop stank.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought my dog from this shop 2years ago [Frown] but i didnt know the story of the shop..but now i do.
My dog was brought from ukraina..it was so durty and small,not even 2months i guess.
It was my first dog..i didnt know nothing about breeds..so i asked to have some very small dog,that is easy to carry with me to everywhere..but they sold me an american cockerspaniel,and it crowded so big, that it is nothing like i asked. Suprise, they always lie to you..what ever you buy..

Anyway, i saw very agly petshop also in alexandria..i was want to cry when i saw those poor puppies in very very small cages. And some bigger dog outside of the shop,they were not happy,they were angry,one tried to attack when i was near by..

Egypt is really hell for animal lovers [Frown]
I understand when there is poor people,they need to come first,but i dont understand why people dont understand that dog is an living thing,and it feels hunger and pain as we people do.

I was in cairo with my dogs, and i get so angry ,because people are so affraid from the dogs..Cant they understand,that if i bring my dog to near anyone, the dog will be kind..not danger one. Grow up people,and try to learn something new about animals!They should start teach this subject in the schools..Parents are helpless..

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com