EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Ramadan Angels - Everyday's devils

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ramadan Angels - Everyday's devils
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I went to Citystars to do some shopping by myself yesterday evening, I could clearly feel that we were no longer in the holy month.

For the past weeks, ive been living in a illusion, even being able to go to el Husayn by myself without a single comment or gesture from the male population. Ive enjoyed great freedoms, like walking back n forth from work without any single car beeping.

But yesterday it was on again. Worse than ever. Its like people just have been saving up for the whole month, trying to act like angels, and now they just gotta let all that frustration out.
Begad, Citystars was unsafe yesterday. It was heavily crowded, packed with groups of young men/boys.

Ofcourse, no matter how much u lowered ur gaze, everyone of those young romeos had to send u some sweet words. Grrrr.... Or follow u from a distance... Or get in your way...

I want ramadan and the decent male population back [Frown]

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your post made me laugh.. I can just imagine it!

Don't worry, once it gets a little colder they should calm down [Wink]

"I heard the Messenger of Allah say during Ramadan: "The gates of Hell are closed, the gates of Paradise are opened, and the devils are in chains." [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hazzem123
Member # 10834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hazzem123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear 3raqyah_fi_Masr

Sure what you say is true and i am sorry about

that but you can avoid this when car beeping don't

try to look in the persons in the car this look

for male "TRY AGAIN AND YOU GET SUCCESS"

and the same for male try to talk with you in the

street..

Posts: 50 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well look forward - in eleven months starts the next Ramadan! [Big Grin]

What is Citystars and where is it located?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its in nasr or just around it and its a huge complex shopping mall lavely to shop in got money i hope ,.thers more to than what u see and around it i liked it my husband did but i had the money he didnt brough my wedding gear from there at a price [Frown] it has every thing to offer i got a friend who wrks in one of the cafes and a friend here from england wrks there in the offices ,they have plenty of people got shares in it and all round the world its a must to see hope u will like ..well i liked it ..
visit it u will see ..
http://www.citystars.com.eg/citystars/

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Well look forward - in eleven months starts the next Ramadan! [Big Grin]

What is Citystars and where is it located?

http://www.citystars.com.eg/citystars/

I personally think it's overated. I was so excited when I heard it was opening, but they don't offer much and most people seem to be located in the restaurants and coffee shops [Big Grin]

It's at the end of Nasr City but they class it as Heliopolis.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked it probably cus im from here but really it wasnt summat i wasinteresting in seeing while igot it here in my country but i needed stuff for the wedding and it had what i wanted ,i enjoyed it but i felt it so exspencive ,from my point of view ,yes sure plenty of coffee shops plenty ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen u stupid! U r talking to me like im a ignorant western hottie with no knowledge of life what so ever!!!!!!!!!! Im tha queen when it comes to ignoring strangers from the opposite sex, but sometimes thats just not enough!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr 3ib alaik, u really thought I was that airheaded? Ana mesh bent embara7 :S

quote:
Originally posted by hazzem123:
Dear 3raqyah_fi_Masr

street..

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:
Originally posted by 3raqyah_fi_Masr:

Listen u stupid! .... Ana mesh bent embara7 :S

ROFLMAO [Big Grin]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: Is self-defence stuff illegal in Egypt?

Because I have this dream of forming a female gang attacking flaccid chiwawas in malls with stun guns.

I will pay for/provide the stun guns, but I need volunteers!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 3raqyah_fi_Masr:
ignorant western hottie with no knowledge of life what

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Huh, why insulting foreigners?

BTW, I know very well what you are talking about and this issue was many times a topic here on ES. Most people agreed on the fact that the males are harrassing women on the street regardless if you are an Arab or a foreign woman.

And as Hazzem pointed out it's the best to ignore these guys but sometimes it's hard to do because it just seems so overwhelming. It can actually ruin your day. [Frown]

And I can imagine very well of how you must have felt. Think about these guys like a pot of water. They had to act decent for 30 days and now the pot overflows ...... hm, you know what I mean. [Wink]

Thanks Banana and NSIC for the information on Citystars. I surely will check it out (it's on my to-do-list)! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...
Tigerlily, we also have to admit that foreigners are being harrassed MORE. i remember very well when i worked in that literacy class project with 12 other "foreign" girls-as in european/american/canadian...white yaani!
I remember how they all had to dye their hair. Then cover up..and ened up fully veiled b4 they ALL quit the project that we started together after 3-4 yrs of hard work just bcz they just couldn't get used to the treatment they were getting.

Hmmm...I'm not trying to say that foreigners are airheaded, but locals do believe they r HARMLESS! While Egyptian/Arab girls could be a bit harmful. Well may be as harmful as mosquitos [Smile] , but it still counts!
salam

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear 3raqyah_fi_Masr
street..

I've done all this. It still don't work. I like the stun gun idea. LOL

I liked City Stars. Was what I'm used to. But it was a big deal for some of my friends that I went with. That was pretty cool.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com