EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cheap Russians?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheap Russians?
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... Western women tend to not have that good reputation in arabic countries... But Russian women have a bad reputation even in western countries. What is up with that? What makes them/makes people think they r cheap?

Maybe they r just a little naive n believe everything men tell them? Or what is the problem? How did they gain this reputation????

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have a very bad reputation in places like Hurghada where they work as prostitutes, belly dancers etc.
[Roll Eyes]
They actually have a worldwide reputation travelling all over to provide low and high class services!! to men, not just egypt.

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know... Why? Are they the experts of this field walla eh? Uhm... They are stuck up as well, for some strange reason... :S

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also they make a mess out of places... Ya3ny I went to c Gharda2a in the summer... It was like little Russia [Frown] Just Russian signs n Russian people everywhere. Awwww... I hated it!

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Auto Matic For The People
Member # 10849

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Auto Matic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 3raqyah_fi_Masr:
Ok... Western women tend to not have that good reputation in arabic countries... But Russian women have a bad reputation even in western countries. What is up with that? What makes them/makes people think they r cheap?

Maybe they r just a little naive n believe everything men tell them? Or what is the problem? How did they gain this reputation????

This is very racist and not in any way factual. I have very close Russain friends and they are dignified proud people.
Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Ok but explain why it is so then... There is no way to deny that Russians have a really bad reputation worldwide....

I discussed it with a mexican at work today, she felt the same way... Cuz its a fact.

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Auto Matic For The People
Member # 10849

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auto Matic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok but explain why it is so then... There is no way to deny that Russians have a really bad reputation worldwide....

I discussed it with a mexican at work today, she felt the same way... Cuz its a fact.

Well what do you think that is?
Are you aware that for decades Arab tourists have been flocking to Egypt for to drink and have sex? What does that say about the reputation of Egyptian women?
And while you're searching for answers how about telling me why some people claim that Muslims have a reputations for being fanatics and violent?

Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Auto Matic For The People:
quote:

Well what do you think that is?
Are you aware that for decades Arab tourists have been flocking to Egypt for to drink and have sex? What does that say about the reputation of Egyptian women?
And while you're searching for answers how about telling me why some people claim that Muslims have a reputations for being fanatics and violent?

Still, there is a difference betweeen local reputation n woldwide reputation. People from the Gulf concider all women but their mothers n sisters to b cheap, and still if u ask them who they find cheaper, they will ofcourse say Russians.....

What you say about muslims having a bad reputation of being violent, Thats also a fact. Sad, but true. But this is caused by the western media (something that is very well known)....

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi 3raqyah,

The Russian's in Hurghada are not very good representation of the average Russian. I was also dismayed by the manner of the ones there and wrongly assumed they were mostly like that.

I know quite a few Russians and they are very decent respectable people. They also find the behaviour of some in Hurghada innappropriate and have suggested to me that it's due to the fall of communism in former Soviet Union. Egypt is also now a very cheap destination and a popular choice for people from Eastern Europe.

I believe you have some grounds in your comments, because I have heard some interesting stories regarding Russians in Dubai also, but I think these particular ones are a minority.

There are some Russians who have suffered quite a lot and therefore a small few may find "selling" themselves as the only option they have to survive. Doesn't make it right of course.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Right, Ofcourse there r many decent ones as well, but to deny the fact that they have a heavy reputation, that is just plain stupid....

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The majority of Russians are probably decent people but there is a huge trade in russians for sex throughout europe and the middle east. They escape poverty and become hookers to survive yes! but also to make huge amounts of money.
Hurghada is the Amsterdam of Egypt.
Sex for sale, sex for free, sex in the street behind a wall, sex behind a cafe..............

There have been many documentaries on this subject............its sad but very true!

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Civil Disobedience         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we include Ukranians, Belorussians, Moldovans, Georgians, Bulgarians, Rumanians (as well as Poles, Hungarians, Estonians, Lithuanians, Latvians, East Germans,Czechs etc. before they joined the EU) here?
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/23/48hours/main675913.shtml

sadly sandboy I found this after 10 seconds [Frown]

Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Civil Disobedience         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also they make a mess out of places... Ya3ny I went to c Gharda2a in the summer... It was like little Russia [Frown] Just Russian signs n Russian people everywhere. Awwww... I hated it!

I would say that the signs are put up by Egyptian businessmen to attract Russians to their shops - you can hardly blame the Russians for that! Russians are attracted to Hurgada in particular because of cheap package holidays that they can afford. Most Russians can't afford a holiday house on the North Coast like some Egyptian fat cats. Also Russians find holidays in many European destinations extremely expensive. Coming from cold winters, many of them want to go somewhere where there is sun and sea for a reasonable price, Crimea's to expensive now so Egypt fits the bill for them.
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some Russians who have suffered quite a lot and therefore a small few may find "selling" themselves as the only option they have to survive. Doesn't make it right of course.

I think this and the fact that having sex is not viewed as badly as in some other countries.

I had a friend who was from there. It's common to bring a guy/girl home every night, with the parents at home. So that in addition to being very poor, and survival instincts kicking in, are the main problems. I think.

Also, my ex-husband went into chat rooms and found the Russian girls were so eager to please and very nasty.

So men love Russians, but they don't want to marry them. This is what I hear in the states.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2005/08/42b5f74c-f6c2-475a-b488-20a0662664d1.html

I was in Macdonalds Esplanada Mall and one russian girl ( beautiful)!! took 4 egyptian boys one by one outside!! if you know what I mean.
I watched another walk down the street past a hotel, stop to talk to an egy boy, after a few minutes they both jumped over a wall onto the sand and then after 10 mins they jumped back and went their separate ways!!
It is very common in Hurghada.

Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

I discussed it with a mexican at work today, she felt the same way... Cuz its a fact. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Hah! Ask an American if there are many Mexican
hookers 'south of the border' AND north of the border for that reason!

3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sandboy:

Hah! Ask an American if there are many hookers 'south of the border' AND north of the border for that reason! [/QB][/QUOTE]

She s a mulim convert. And a very decent girl.

Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

She s a mulim convert. And a very decent girl. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about your Mexican workmate, mate, I'm sure she is what you say she is.
I was talking about the bad rep that Mexican women have in the USA where they make up a significant proportion of the prostitute demographic.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get those stats sandboy? I am from Texas where we have a large Mexican population and I have to tell you, in the parts of Houston I've been in that have prostitutes, they look VERY white to me....
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
In ur face [Razz]

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

This is very racist and not in any way factual. I have very close Russain friends and they are dignified proud people.
Yeah some of them are a little too dignified... Remember Alisa from YE? According to her Russians in the west have put the West on the map in regards to economics and science. [Roll Eyes]

Then I have a handful of female classmates from Russia proper, loads more from Ukriane, Belarusa ; it takes these females about 2 years to drop the "I am looking for a rich old man to marry and screw around on" act.

2 whole years of listening to them yap about being of the ethnic stock that produces the most beautiful women in the world that all 50 something obese petioners are dying to be riden by the "Great Ruski Vixen"; then subsequently die underneath her beautiful pencil thin thighs.

After they've taken advantage of 2 years of free college courtesy of my tax dollars, found out after being fired from at least 5 different jobs for coming to work looking like a hooker, finding out that waxing your upper lip won't make you look any less Russian, and figuring out why the feds make you go into the local BCIS office every 6 months for fingerprinting due to human trafficking of women with similar names, similar hometowns, and similar ambitions; that possibly life isn't so great for them.

Possibly adhering stubbornly to all the tall tales about how easy life is in Amereeka isn't exactly truthful.

So she finally stops using 1 cup of dipity do in her hair everyday, starts wearing skirts that reach at least 2 inches above the knee, starts shaving her legs and pits, waxes her lip, finds out that yeah hard work will get you promoted, paying taxes to Amereeka doesn't make you a sucker, and that women can still be beautiful and desireable while having a career.

Seriously they are dignified, but often for the wrong reasons.

Now tomorrow I'll join a few of these Ruskis down at the library exchange "newcomer" war stories and then gaze upon the next Kiev newcomer who hasn't figured out that micro mini skirts, full leg hair, matador whiskers, neon camis with no bra to slightly cover boobs that droop down to their navel, and spiky Sinead O-Connor hair, complete with the plastic hoop earings and red stilleto heels doesn't make very tempting appearance to the retired utility worker who is due for his 5th coronary bipass in the next 6 months.

After the Go-Go girls facade fades and the brains starts working again, then the honest Slav comes out. The Slav I read about in glossy National Geographic books on the old USSR. This is the Ruski, the Slav I had romanticized over growing up, the brave communist I adored that would challenge the west and make peace when our Monkey side-kick Actor of a President couldn't.

Yeah proud, dignified, but definately lost when they first get here.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
LoooooL! [Big Grin]
But seriously, why do they find themselves that beautiful? Some of them r just too stuck up aslan.

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Where do you get those stats sandboy? I am from Texas where we have a large Mexican population and I have to tell you, in the parts of Houston I've been in that have prostitutes, they look VERY white to me....

Stats?
What stats?
I don't recall providing any statistics.
But then again, I don't see anyone quoting statistics in this topic about the preponderance of Russian trollopes in Egypt either! It's all heresay, so I just thought I'd add to the general 'blah blah' on this subject that seems to have a habit of appearing here every once in a while.
As for my comments............
My comments are based on the comments (heresay,) of a couple of dozen Yanks living here in Cairo who's home-towns are fairly well spread around the US (i.e. they're not all from Texas - sorry), plus the opinions (again heresay), of innumerable other ones I've met over the course of my life.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LoooooL! [Big Grin]
But seriously, why do they find themselves that beautiful? Some of them r just too stuck up aslan.

Because after the Soviet Empire fell these women were told loads of stories by basically 20th Century pimps.

American women are so ugly they need Ruskis to satisfy their men.

Problem is it takes at least 2 years in order for this illusion to wear off.

Thats if they aren't smuggled into the country, or worse that these women enter the country as a mail order bride. Either scenerio it takes freedom from prostitution or a grandmaul divorce for the fantasy to wear off.

I remember several women who were mail order brides young pretty, but really trashy looking. Couldn't bring their previous children here because their oalf they had married through a broker wouldn't let them. So they went to college, divorced the pig (can take up to 6-7 years to gain citizenship with a maile order marriage) then after waiting almost 8-10 years and finishing a masters degree they bring their children over to Amereeka.

I watch a few now at my current college. No one knows they have children back home, but I see the pics in the wallets or in their emails. They know of my situation and basically I know one can't look at me without crying.

Their lives are hell.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Owwwww! Thats sad [Frown]

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

quote:
In ur face [Razz]

I'm sorry?!!! Are you talking to me?
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
In ur face [Razz]

I'm sorry?!!! Are you talking to me?
Naaaaah! Im talking to Santa...
But then, im a muslim, n we dont believe in santa [Razz]

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Owwwww! Thats sad [Frown]

Yup but thats our immigration laws here in the USA. Its much more difficult to bring in a Russian wife if you are Russian than if you are a American citizen naturalized or born.

Auto is probably not dealing with alot of Russian women who had come to the USA via this situation.

In Canada the immigration laws often protect women from this. But far more Slavs and Ruskis come to the USA than Canada.

Auto probably knows the fortunate immigrants. Not many immigrants have such a secure beginning in the USA as they do in Canada.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I know it's a generalization but I have no repsect for the Russian women who come here for prostitution..... why do we import Russian prostitutes while the rest of the developed world import Russian scientists, artists & thinkers? Arent we in dire need of that? Russia had excellent scientists, artists & thinkers...... imagine if we had those people here, we'd learn from their expertise & that's what we need for Egypt........ we dont need prostitutes & more belly dancers that's not doing the country any good.

I am not saying that all the Russian women are prostitutes but most of the ones who come here are.

Once i was coming back on a flight from Swizerland to Cairo & a Russian guy was sitting next to me..... he was so decent, he told about horror stories in Russia, life there is hell

P.S. I know the word *import* doesnt sound nice but what's the more proper word to use here for humans?

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lived in Egypt since 1998 and in Hurghada since 1999. One of my best friends is Russian and a wonderful gal. But, I am sad to say, that Hurghada has become Little Russia. Many of the Russians living and working there are NOT polite and this is a well know fact. Yes, it is a very difficult life in Russia according to my friend and life in Hurghada is a paradise to them. Also, many of the men in Hurghada do not help the matter either concerning Russians and also many from other countries. I am sad to see my town is becoming famous in not a nice way.
This also is happening in the USA in another way. Had a girlfriend engaged to a fairly rich man. He was on computer chat, Russia site, met someone and off to Russia he went. My girlfriend found out AFTER he was in Russian as he was so nice enough to send her an email. Another friend, male, was chatting/email with a Russian gal and told me about it. I asked if this Russian asked for money..answer YES. Told him to tell her no. Never heard from her again.
Here is a site that might be of interest.
www.russianwomen.com

Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, couldnt it just be that the poor russians are the one who come to egypt? its like when saudis say bad things about indians, filipinos, people from the lowest part of society are the ones who are willing to leave their country and work as prostitutes and other jobs. Not trying to be mean, but maybe the reason why the russians seem so trashy is b/c, the trashy russians are the ones who come.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Egypt is anything like the U.S., everyone hates the newest immigrant group.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some business colleagues that are Russian, the most dignified of them has had two of his friends murdered by Russian organized crime in Moscow. He contends that money is easy if you have the connections, but human life is very cheap in his country. As with the case of his friends, they pursued a deal that he was not interested in, they made a great deal of money and ended up dead for it very shortly after. If it is that hard for the upper middle class, I imagine that the less affluent classes have a very tough time.
Regarding the prostitutes, if you visit any of the upscale "meat market" nightclubs in Cairo they are crawling with Russian prostitutes. If you have a foreign passport and stop by any of the casino or hotel nightclubs, you see the same. Those spots are not accessible for those with Egyptian passports so the women "working" there are all Russian and Moroccan. Gulf Arabs like them, so they make lots of money.

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Are you speaking about 143 million Russian people in general or perhaps even more? And how about how Western woman are viewed in Arab countries? It's like I would give a dam*......

Very unclassy statements.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cemilou
Member # 9227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemilou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want my opinion, Russian girls are a little bit materialistic and are maybe able to do more than other nationalities. Money is important for them, maybe because of what their country faced.
As for me, I know some Russian girls who are really decent and straight and who would never behave in a bad way...

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
I am sure you are right Cemilou but on the whole the perception of them is bad in Hurghada and Cairo. They are not all the same just as women in Amsterdam are not all prostitutes. Only some!
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know some of them they r striaght and Good. , Emi is right.
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you guys gotta love those stunning bodies of theirs. My understanding is that almost all Russian girls go to ballet schools since the age of 3? As opposed to for example the titans among us who grew up eating shortbread fingers for all their 25 daily meals.

I bet most of the women are slightly jealous of those hot bodies of Russian women?

I mean guys, tell me, wouldn't you just die for one night with one of those "Oxanas"? [Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK in Uggs:
But you guys gotta love those stunning bodies of theirs. My understanding is that almost all Russian girls go to ballet schools since the age of 3? As opposed to for example the titans among us who grew up eating shortbread fingers for all their 25 daily meals.

I bet most of the women are slightly jealous of those hot bodies of Russian women?

I mean guys, tell me, wouldn't you just die for one night with one of those "Oxanas"? [Big Grin]

yeah they have great bodies....we cant deny that [Big Grin]

Nelly Karim The actress is half Russian & she went to a Ballet school in Russia when she was little...... she has a great figure but not quite tall

She is a decent lady

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

FACTS:
THESE ARE CALLED STEREOTYPES...
- MOROCCAN: arabic prostitutes number one!
- Lebanese: Expensive services for fake value and the sleeziest men on earth
-Syrian: Stingy
- Egyptians: Poor lazy clowns!

Now...I have heard all this before when i was aborad. I have been to moscow at least 4 times in the past five years and I have seen very stylish, well educated, dignified and decent ppl.

I guess u do know that Iran has very hi prostitution rates as well. If the question is why does each cty has a specific bad reputation...ask the governements..hmm ask the owners!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MK in Uggs:

What makes you think the former communist regime made sure all Russian girls got their ballet lessons?

And remember there was massive food shortages in former USSR. I personally know of a few women that had "crickets" and other problems with malnutrition. Yeah its not the ballet lessons, but the malnutrition.

But then I remember some mothers in Minnetonka would purposefully only serve meat twice a month to their daughters, and bulk of their diet was fruits and vegetables; even lean on carbs because she wanted daughters to be a size 6 or smaller like her when they grow up. Well if thats what she wanted to accomplish, don't marry the pro-football player who's 6'6" and 270lbs. Each girl ended up being 6' and 150lbs, despite her efforts.

I know 3 Russian, Ukranian women who have families and they serve meat in every meal. They sit there at the PC on nutrition websites finding the most nutrient rich meals they can produce in a Slavic fashion. They are paroniod to the extreme over food choices and will buy food in bulk, enough non-perishable staples for 8 months. The fear of not having food has left them traumatized.

Then they also bombard me over my food choices. I bring in a chunk of banana bread for "supper" and then she cuts her homemade vegan wrap in half and forces it into my face. I know whats she's up to, she wants half of my banana bread. She doesn't want the guilt of making something with so much sugar and butter made in her home.

Yeah you see the Ruskis in Egypt. I see the every day Ruski immigrants that are haunted by the communist regime breakdown.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Batman, non-stop, righteous machine:
I know some of them they r striaght and Good. , Emi is right.

Straight and Good, but disillusioned. They feel as if they were working so hard to make a system work and they were let down.

They have their dreams, but their dreams don't fit in the western system of success. It takes time for the paradigm to change, in order to find new avenues for success.

I do find Russian language, literature, even their food incredibly romantic.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by Everyone's_a_Pascha:
I know whats she's up to, she wants half of my banana bread.

[Big Grin]
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your blonde and a man is trying to come on to you here the first question he asks is R us Russian?, rightly or wrongly men here associate cheap sex with Russian woman.
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew a few russians in egypt one was a dancer(working as a teacher in cairo) who went back to dancing in sharm with her husband as she was unhappy in cairo. I found that the russians and polish girls that I met wouldn't mix with other non-egyptians.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only Russians I know here are practicing Muslims, who on the whole have come to Egypt, at least intially, to learn their religion and Arabic. I guess it depends where you hang out who you meet [Big Grin]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know A russian female wearing veil and she is very modest and Very Good one.
I advise her to go for the next step Which is Niqab

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Stats?
What stats?
I don't recall providing any statistics.
But then again, I don't see anyone quoting statistics in this topic about the preponderance of Russian trollopes in Egypt either! It's all heresay, so I just thought I'd add to the general 'blah blah' on this subject that seems to have a habit of appearing here every once in a while.
As for my comments............
My comments are based on the comments (heresay,) of a couple of dozen Yanks living here in Cairo who's home-towns are fairly well spread around the US (i.e. they're not all from Texas - sorry), plus the opinions (again heresay), of innumerable other ones I've met over the course of my life.

I know you didn't provide any stats that is why I was asking if you had any. If you're going by what you have heard, well, that's a differnet thing altogether. Since Houston is one of the largest cities in Texas (Texas being the 2nd largest state behind Alaska) and since it is the largest state bordering Mexico, I can tell you that you might not believe and repeat everything you hear. That goes for slandering any WOMEN of any nationality, be they Egyptian, Russian, Mexican, American, Cuban, etc. However, I know you didn't mean any harm - peace.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com