EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cairo's Black Cloud (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cairo's Black Cloud
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katanga we bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChinderallaAngelTormentor CAT:
quote:
Originally posted by Everyone's_a_Pascha:
And third world countries can still solve problems.

Look at Bangladesh! Now that is a country that can solve problems, its quite progressive while respecting religious and social norms.

Excuses don't solve problems.

This is not an excuse....... this is reality

I want this country to get better more than you do............ i am not happy living in a country like this but it is my contry & I love it & I didnt choose to get out & leave.

Stop blaming me for Egypt's mess [Mad] [/QB]

Now why don't you tow just kiss and make out [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 743 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba5Koshari:
Now why don't you too just kiss and make out [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [/QB]

I know what's on your mind perv [Razz] [Big Grin]

We are fine....... we always get into disagreements & misunderstanadings but no hard feelings

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
And third world countries can still solve problems.

Look at Bangladesh! Now that is a country that can solve problems, its quite progressive while respecting religious and social norms.

Excuses don't solve problems.

This is not an excuse....... this is reality

I want this country to get better more than you do............ i am not happy living in a country like this but it is my contry & I love it & I didnt choose to get out & leave.

Stop blaming me for Egypt's mess [Mad]

Now why don't you too just kiss and make out [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [/QB]
First off before my hour of internet time runs out.

Shinderella, I am not blamming you, actually I blame USAid because they control everything in the Egyptian government. I imagine loads of Egyptian bureaucrats want to change this, but because air pollution doesn't affect security in the Middle East, namely Israel, the air pollution in Cairo doesn't mean didily squat to USAid so it isn't addressed.

Zaone, you are one sick a-hole to think I'd do a woman. Shinderella might joke about being a lesbo but I am sure she isn't.

Don't do the lesbo for male attention crap with me.

If that is what gets you off, why not give Aal-Hussien a blow job for us on ES?

I mean seriously, women aren't sex toys, they are people!

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katanga we bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You tow are really liking that ... aren't yah !!

--------------------
MK is the hottest of all [Big Grin]

Posts: 743 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Take This
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Take This
Holy sh*t did you see the vibrating egg with remote below? Now I have some unfullfilled fantasies of that egg and an art museum that I must try!

Oh boy, what a toy!

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:
quote:

Take This
Holy sh*t did you see the vibrating egg with remote below? Now I have some unfullfilled fantasies of that egg and an art museum that I must try!

Oh boy, what a toy!

hehehehehehe [Big Grin] but 100$? [Eek!]

Zaone...... dont u dare get into that conversation between two ladies

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Take This

Oh boy, what a toy!

hehehehehehe [Big Grin] but 100$? [Eek!]

Zaone...... dont u dare get into that conversation between two ladies

I really got you excited didn't I eh... You went looking for toys ... You're both obsessed with sex ... maybe that's why you picker so much ... some hidden feelings ... It's ok ES is about tolerance - as long as we get to have an audience [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
I really got you excited didn't I eh... You went looking for toys ... You're both obsessed with sex ... maybe that's why you picker so much ... some hidden feelings ... It's ok ES is about tolerance - as long as we get to have an audience [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [/QB]

Look who's talking pervert [Roll Eyes]
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
I really got you excited didn't I eh... You went looking for toys ... You're both obsessed with sex ... maybe that's why you picker so much ... some hidden feelings ... It's ok ES is about tolerance - as long as we get to have an audience [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Look who's talking pervert [Roll Eyes] [/QB]
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
I don't understand? Am I the one who keeps posting links to some weird sites?
Besides, my understanding is that you're both cute, so what's bad about that. I say enjoy but make sure you invite us, I'll get some popcorn.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Black cloud threatens Egyptians’ health

(AFP)

25 October 2006

CAIRO - For the seventh year running, a mysterious black cloud has appeared over Cairo, triggering serious health concerns for the polluted city’s 16 million residents.

Black cloudEmissions of nitrogen dioxide, which cause serious health risks above certain levels, have reached record heights in the city, from the banks of the Nile, past the industrial suburbs of the delta and even in the desert areas.

what the cloud looks like
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned that presence of more than 200 mg of nitrogen dioxide in the air is a great health risk.

But in Egypt, the levels have reached as high as 305 mg in the Cairo district of Qolali and 482 mg in Giza.

Worse still, the levels of the potentially toxic gas have soared to a staggering 700 mg in the northern city of Qaha, in the industrial zone of Qaliubiyah.

Cairo has one of the highest rates of pollution, ten times higher than global indicators defined by the WHO in October, making it one of the most polluted cities in the world together with Karachi, New Delhi, Beijing, Kathmandu and Lima.

As in previous years, the authorities have admitted not knowing the exact causes of the black cloud, and have offered a variety of possible causes including the city’s unbridled traffic, the burning of rubbish or of rice hay in the rural areas of the Nile Delta.

Environment minister Maged George has accused the local councils of failing to prevent their farmers from burning the hay, the customary method of clearing the way for new crops, as recycling or simply moving the stuff is too expensive.
Air pollution

Together with environment minister Amin Abaza, George ordered the collection of 125,000 tonnes of hay to be compacted, an order which has been plainly ignored.

Exhaust fumes from 1.6 million cars, which include some 80,000 beat-up taxis, are also to blame, particularly this year when the black cloud coincided with the month of Ramadan, notorious for its traffic jams, authorities said.

And the high concentration of factories, like the cement factories of Helwan and Tebbin in southern Cairo, are also responsible for the surging pollution, which kills 5,000 annually in the capital, according to hospital sources.

“Calculating the risks allows us to conclude that 500,000 Cairenes will develop serious respiratory problems and fatal cancers, in a period of five to 25 years,” says Salah Hassanein, an environment professor at Cairo University.

The air is also contaminated by the burning of some 12,000 tonnes of domestic waste, as well as of the mountains of litter dumped in open fields in the suburbs.

Experts agree that in addition to an explosive urban population, Cairo suffers from an unfavourable natural environment, which reinforces the harm caused by the polluting factors.

Very high temperatures, no rain, little wind and sand blowing in from the desert all contribute to turning the overcrowded megalopolis into an urban inferno, something the authorities are increasingly desperate to fight.

A series of environmental laws were enacted more than 10 years ago, which include the control of vehicles and industries and fines for those who violate.

“But there is a difference between writing a law and applying it,” says Essam Al Hinnawy, director of the International Centre for Environment and Development.

“The situation is getting worse,” he says.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/todaysfeatures/2006/October/todaysfeatures_October52.xml§ion=todaysfeatures

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

[Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
Femme Fatale

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com