EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » For Those Who Denied the Eid Attacks.. (VIDEOS!!!!) (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: For Those Who Denied the Eid Attacks.. (VIDEOS!!!!)
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:
most of the men are pimps proof number 2

that is a phenomenon that happenes and is repeated hundreds of times through the day against every female in this country and mainly that i am sure of in cairo. where any girl can simply ride the taxi and be shocked to find the driver in his seat masturbating. that is also another kind of the sexual harressments in this country against women and girls as a whole so nobody have the right to be surprised to know what happened down town in the feast. i've heard this incident happens to friends of mine but i couldn't believe how dare, insolent and immoral people ,in here ,are turning to be. this poor girl have to choose between two options if she knew and was sure that he is doing it either to make him stop the vehicle and she gets out of the car, and this is not easy and can get her into trouble with the driver. The other option for her is to play the innocent role and as if she hadn't seen anything until she comes near the place she is seeking and gets out as soon as possible. In either options this female is insulted and shocked, no wonder of she was alone how devastated her spirit could be.
The question now is not why those drivers turn to be like this? nor How they choose their victims? or Is it just any female that makes him be turned on? but the real question is ... How could any female trust herself to ride any taxi after going through such horrifing experiance??
The common factor between all of those psycho drivers is that they don't want to rape the girls they ride with them, but only to reach their orgasm and the highest extreme of physical pleasure and simply those girls can get out of the car after those pimps reach their "orgasm". They have reached the point that they simply park the cars in any sideway street and ask the girls to stay for a while just so simple and that they will let them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how insolent, insulting and terrifying to reach such degree of impudence and boldness!!!!!!!!! May God have mercy on us and on our "country"...

http://spotlighting.blogspot.com/

I have read a few of her blog entries. I wonder if this happens only to Egyptians and Foreign residents? Does this happen to tourists as well?

There are diferent kindsof sexual perverts Samarra, i believe you know it

Rapists, exhibitionsists, voyeurs, ..........
They dont operate the same way

so the masterbator could fall into the exhibitionism category & this type gets off by the shock on the women's faces or their screams......... he doesnt need to rape

The stories of taxi drivers masterbating or flashing their dicks is endless in Egypt....... you can hear about an incident like that almost everyday & it's disgusting

I think they choose their victims, they choose the ones who seem vulnerable, quite defenseless or provocative

I do take taxis sometimes & thank god it hasent happen to me so far but who knows? maybe it will, but what shall i do? [Eek!]

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:
The stories of taxi drivers masterbating or flashing their dicks is endless in Egypt....... you can hear about an incident like that almost everyday & it's disgusting

I've heard some of those stories as well but although I've taken taxis on a daily basis in Cairo for several years I have never been harassed by a taxi driver. I've gotten the odd comment about my looks or a request for my phone number but I've never been grabbed or experienced a masturbating driver.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not only taxi drivers, my neighbour was on a bus and a man was masturbating against her from behind, she caught hold of him got off the bus and had her revenge. I never experienced this thank god.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Am I bovvered(WOTEVER):
my neighbour was on a bus and a man was masturbating against her from behind

[Frown]

ONE DAY WE'LL ALL BE COMING BACK HOME LOOKING LIKE THIS!!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
Originally posted by Am I bovvered(WOTEVER):
my neighbour was on a bus and a man was masturbating against her from behind

[Frown]
ONE DAY WE'LL ALL BE COMING BACK HOME LOOKING LIKE THIS!!

hahahahahahahahahahahhahayhahahahh [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[/QB]

I don't hear of this everyday.

BTW those things happen everywhere not only in Egypt, I was watching the inside edition few days ago and they mentioned similar stories:

One-Third of Women Riders Report Groping or Flashing on NY Subways

November 28, 2006
In a report airing today, investigators for the syndicated TV show Inside Edition found that women are routinely subjected to lewd and degrading acts by perverts who often get away with it.

For the report, which chronicles these frightening and degrading experiences to women on mass transportation, Inside Edition staffers conducted personal interviews with 331 female straphangers. Incredibly, 36% of the women surveyed said they had been either groped or flashed on the subway. The survey was conducted over a four-day period at Grand Central Station, Union Square, Penn Station, Columbus Circle and Herald Square subway stations.

Some of the comments included being "grabbed from behind" on a crowded train, being "touched on the chest area" and "rubbed against while train was swaying." Many others described how men had exposed themselves and masturbated in front of them.

The Inside Edition survey found that a vast majority of these incidents go unreported. Of the 119 women who said they were subjected to lewd behavior, only nine reported the incidents to authorities or alerted other passengers.

Adrienne Fragatos is an Inside Edition employee who witnessed a man fondling himself during her morning commute on a New York City subway last summer.

"He was looking at me and then I noticed him unzip his pants," says Fragatos, a Michigan native. "I felt so violated and I never thought I would say that because I didn't think it would be a big deal if that ever happened to me."

Instead, she says, she was so afraid he'd make a move towards her, she left the train at the next stop.

It turns out Fragatos is not the only Inside Edition employee to be victimized by one of these perverts. In the IE newsroom alone there were nearly a dozen women who had similar experiences while traveling on public transportation.

According to the report, women in other major cities like Boston, Washington, DC, Chicago and Los Angeles have also been subjected to similar acts.

"They don't want to get involved, and they feel ashamed and embarrassed by his [the offender's] actions," says Steve Kardian, a Mt. Pleasant, NY police officer, and self-defense instructor.

Kardian says he believes offenders feel confident in committing these crimes thanks to the crowded environment the subway provides, as well as their innate ability to react to situations quickly.

"He [the offender] feels secure in that what he does may not be interpreted as something improper, at least not initially," Kardian says.

Inside Edition took hidden cameras into the subway to demonstrate just how crowded the cars can become, oftentimes forcing people to be wedged between one another, creating an ideal opportunity for groping.

Kardian says, "A woman has to intentionally be aware that this could occur, and if it does occur, then she should take some sort of defensive action."

He points out that there are simple moves women can use to prevent themselves from becoming a victim, including using your elbows and handbags as weapons.

Fragatos says the incident scared her off the subway for good. Now, she takes a cab to work but she resents the imposition.

"That shouldn't be normal, for us to have to deal with getting groped on our way to work, just because we're women and we're on the subway. I think that's awful."

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:
quote:

I don't hear of this everyday.

Sorry Lazeez, saying everyday is an exaggeration but the point is, I heard of that quite a lot, possibly 4 times every week [Big Grin]
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inside Edition only covers sensationalized topics.

Not to many deep investigations and you won't find anything more than fluff on Inside Edition.

I hope to use the Metro as my main form of transportation and will be targeting foreign corporate offices that are in close proximity to the Metro for work.

From what I hear the instances of being groped or having someone expose themselves to you is much less on the Metro than other forms of transportation like taxis.

Also I have been informed there are far more policemen in close proximity to metro stations, but at the same time policemen don't necessarily protect women from these types of crimes.

I took some self defence courses when I was just out of high school. Tai Kwan Doh or something. But one thing that always stuck in my habits was doing a 360 degree check on what and who is around me about every 3-4 minutes. Its complete habit now and because I do check my surroundings possibly perps know that I have had some self-defence training and won't mess with me.

I did rent in a neighborhood I found out later had 4 group homes for level two and three sex offenders. The landlord didn't tell me, most of my neighbors were immigrants and didn't know. But I was told by an employee of the group home. He said I was actually safer without a car.

But if need be I can hit an attackers 'vulnerable points", I just don't know if I was attacked and fought back if the local authorities would understand that hitting an assaulant in his 'vulnerable points' is truly self-defense.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the most vulnerable point, whether preventing rape or avoiding being killed, is actually the eyes. It is hard for some people, especially women who tend to have more empathy, to imagine doing so, but a strong eye gouge is severely disabling.
Maybe if women took some power back on the streets of Egypt, there would be more blind men walking around!

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auto Matic For The People:
You know, I read the article and re-read a couple of paragraphs a few times because they just didn't seem right. I though I should give the writer the benefit of the doubt and her source for "But few see a connection between the backwardness of the entire region, as is stated in the UN-Human Development Report"
I clicked on the link http://cfapp2.undp.org/rbas/ahdr2.cfm?menu=12 to read for myself, but I wasn't at all surprised at what I did not find

[Confused]

The link doesn't work and you didn't give any reason for your objection on the content of the article.

quote:

I've always found people like that racist bitch quite amusing. I don't know if they do it intentional or they are just talented at deceiving people and of course themselves.

Ya salam! Calling her a racist bitch isn't an argument. What is this non-sense?

quote:
Freedom applies to one and all. If Egyptians choose to elect the Muslim Brotherhood so be it, and if turns out to be a mistake...well then the fight goes on.

We don't have the time or energy or money for trial and errors. The MBs are no politicians. They will isolate Egypt and make another Iran out of it.

Before we know it we'll have another Ahmadi Menagged who will be threatening to throw his little ionic bombas at the evil nations.

War, fighting, killing and violence in general proved to be the worst option. When will we ever learn our lesson ba2a!

Ghooroo! [Cool]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Junah
Member # 12389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Junah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ghooroo! [/QB]

yaala mn hena ya hebala 3'orey entey ya 3'abbeya
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Junah:
quote:

Ghooroo!

yaala mn hena ya hebala 3'orey entey ya 3'abbeya
That's exactly the level of discussion you're used to in the culture where you come from.

Which is exactly the reason why you're so fcuked up and will always be. [Smile]

samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MK I am beginning to agree with you on some of your posts lately. Do I need to see a doctor? [Confused]
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
MK I am beginning to agree with you on some of your posts lately. Do I need to see a doctor? [Confused]

Not anymore. You've already healed. [Razz]
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, I think we can all criticise our own country. But when it comes to a foreigner doing it, naturally, we become defensive and angry.
In the UK all the problems are there, the same as Egypt, but they are buried neatly just under the surface. It is possible to live in England and have a trouble-free life, if you are rich enough and live in the right area.
However, in Egypt, the problems are in your face, on a daily basis, whichever social class you are from.
It takes a while of living in Egypt to adjust to the harsh realities of life, because you cannot turn your back on it anymore.

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:

Not anymore. You've already healed. [Razz]
[Big Grin] that's funny [Big Grin]
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samakwish, I understand why Egyptians feel defensive and angry when foreigners criticise. Don't we all feel the instinct to stand up for the fine points of our home country? I think Egyptians can be over defensive though and disagree that British bury or deflect problems. Quite the opposite, British people love debating current events and welcome outside input.

Of course it helps to be rich, in any country but the poor have equal democratic and civil rights in the UK. It's not perfect but anyone can tell Tony Blair exactly what they think of him and no one is afraid to do so. Health care and education aren't perfect either but there is a basic system available to everyone and this extends to the welfare state. There is a huge difference between being poor in Egypt and being poor in the UK.

In Egypt, the problems are in your face every day because they are infinitely worse. As I have said before, on this forum, it would be easy to live in Egypt if you are rich with no social conscience.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
If I give you an example. In Egypt everyone throws their rubbish in the streets. In the UK we bury it in a landfill site. Which is better? In the UK, some people live in cardboard boxes in the street, but we can avoid seeing this.
In Egypt, even if you are rich, you cannot avoid seeing the problems every day. In England you can live in a nice area and never need to be aware of social problems, if you have enough money.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
[QB] If I give you an example. In Egypt everyone throws their rubbish in the streets.

People throw rubbish in the street becuase they are angry, they lost their identity & loyalty to their country........ they have no ense of self anymore [Frown]

You can not compare between Egypt & Britian...... it'd be unfair

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is little comparison between the poor in Egypt and the poor in Britain. The poor in Egypt are more visible because the problem is immeasurably worse. If you are rich anywhere, you are less exposed to the great unwashed . People sleep in doorways in the richest areas of London. The rich drive past in their chauffeur driven cars, just as they do in Egypt. It's not the difference between the rich and the rich that is the greatest. It's the difference between the poor and the poor in the Uk and Egypt that is dramatic.

I see your point regarding living in nice areas and avoiding interaction with the poor but poverty is relative and the poor are highly visible in Egypt as they are so very much more prevalent.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
I am saying it is just as bad to put rubbish in a landfill site as it is to throw it in the streets. If you throw rubbish in the street in England you would be fined. That is why people don't do it.
CAT you always get the wrong end of the stick with me! [Smile]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
Watching men behave like a pack of wild animals, in full view of the police and wider public, is nauseating. The Egyptian government should be ashamed and every decent citizen propelled into action. More people will hopefully now challenge those men hiding behind the twisted religious dogma which gives them permission to disrespect women.

Mediaeval attitudes harm men and women alike. There are a range of contributory factors but when I see women being spoken of as 'cheap meat' and worse, on this forum, by the brainwashed and braindead element, it highlights the contribution ignorant teachers make to this grim picture. Finding a solution to harassment issues will take years but I'm unsure that there is even a collective recognition of the extent of the problem yet.

Good post.

There is no recognition, collective or otherwise of the problem, or any problem, the popular attitude in the mid east reigon is 'pretend you're deaf, dumb & blind before being held accountable for anything'. This sweeping under the rug phenomenon will take a phuqing revolution to get rid of.

My first instinct when I see stuff like this, and I see it every day, is to sweep cairo's streets flying low in an Apache AH10 'copter, and just mow everybody down with Hellfire missiles.

It will be denied much like everything else is denied, and glossed up with some religious BS, which seems to be people's magic antidote for everything; proverbial snake oil if you will.

The fact that some of the comments people made online (these videso are on youtube.com) are along the lines of "well, this happens everywhere" (um...no, it doesn't happen everywhere, it happens here, it happens too often and it is more than enough to discourage all but completely mentally handicapped people from coming here.) is a clear testimony to the vicious circle of hypocrisy that this reigon has firmly coccooned itself in.

There won't be any solution anytime soon if people's apathy continues, and the distance between people continues to widen in this shattered, kafkesque society - I use the term society loosely.

Distance meaning the fact that there is no real sense of community, people think that it's always somebody elses fault, not theirs. Altruism is non-existant, as is the saying 'if you help someone, you help yourself, but if you phuq someone over, you've phuqed yourself.

VB

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
Maybe if women took some power back on the streets of Egypt, there would be more blind men walking around!

Blind men grope even more, scratch that idea.

A better solution would be to allow all women 18 - 60 to carry high powered Tasers, that way it would smell like BBQ everywhere & we'd get rid of some of the pollution, hit two birds with one stone.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Not at all vanilla, are you, VB? [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

I am Vanilla_Bullshit sans underscore, yes.

--------------------

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
I am saying it is just as bad to put rubbish in a landfill site as it is to throw it in the streets. If you throw rubbish in the street in England you would be fined. That is why people don't do it.
CAT you always get the wrong end of the stick with me! [Smile]

oh no i was not attacking you at all

I was only quoting u & responding in general but my responses were not directed at you

Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
You know, I read the article and re-read a couple of paragraphs a few times because they just didn't seem right. I though I should give the writer the benefit of the doubt and her source for "But few see a connection between the backwardness of the entire region, as is stated in the UN-Human Development Report"
I clicked on the link http://cfapp2.undp.org/rbas/ahdr2.cfm?menu=12 to read for myself, but I wasn't at all surprised at what I did not find

[Confused]

The link doesn't work and you didn't give any reason for your objection on the content of the article.

My point exactly. She provided that link as her source for "But few see a connection between the backwardness of the entire region, as is stated in the UN-Human Development Report, and Islam.". What is the likely-hood that the UN described the Middle East AND Islam as backward?
These were her own words and sentiments, it can not be described as anything else but racist and so doe the following:

- clumps of young men that nobody needs in dusty street cafés.
-says Abdallah's (veiled) colleague Yosra Mustafa
-"we built da Pyramids!"
-This passivity has a history:

quote:
quote:

I've always found people like that racist bitch quite amusing. I don't know if they do it intentional or they are just talented at deceiving people and of course themselves.

What gave you the impression I was making an argument? That was a commentary on a crappy article and a racist bitch.

quote:
quote:
Freedom applies to one and all. If Egyptians choose to elect the Muslim Brotherhood so be it, and if turns out to be a mistake...well then the fight goes on.

We don't have the time or energy or money for trial and errors. The MBs are no politicians. They will isolate Egypt and make another Iran out of it.

You wish! Iran is in a much better shape than Egypt ever been.....

This is not trial and error this IS freedom. People choose from whatever is available to them and they bear the consequences. No one has the write to presume that they don't know what they want but if you don;t like their choice and would like to convince them of something else, please do. The whole point is, the Muslim Brotherhood have been doing their job in promoting their agenda and that is their right. If they win do not blame those who voted for them, blame yourslef.

quote:
War, fighting, killing and violence in general proved to be the worst option. When will we ever learn our lesson ba2a!

Ghooroo! [Cool]

Well here is what the racist bitch wrote:

This passivity has a history: All conquerors of Egypt were quickly assimilated, themselves becoming Pharaohs, and because there were so many uninhabited stretches of land to the left and right of the Nile, everyone easily took root – not like Iraq, which suffered one bloody conquest after another. "Here, a king was seen off with a long and celebratory trip down the Nile," says a German diplomat who has worked all over the Middle East. “But in Baghdad he would be dragged off behind a car."

She seems to be saying that Egyptians are passive because they're not violent. She would like to see us to be more like Iraqis..........

http://www.egyptiantalks.org/invb/index.php?showtopic=25090

http://www.alarabiya.net/Articles/2006/12/12/29856.htm

Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by V For Vendetta:
quote:
quote:

[Confused]

My point exactly. She provided that link as her source for "But few see a connection between the backwardness of the entire region, as is stated in the UN-Human Development Report, and Islam.". What is the likely-hood that the UN described the Middle East AND Islam as backward?
These were her own words and sentiments, it can not be described as anything else but racist and so doe the following:

- clumps of young men that nobody needs in dusty street cafés.
-says Abdallah's (veiled) colleague Yosra Mustafa
-"we built da Pyramids!"
-This passivity has a history:

quote:
quote:

What gave you the impression I was making an argument? That was a commentary on a crappy article and a racist bitch.

quote:
quote:

You wish! Iran is in a much better shape than Egypt ever been.....

This is not trial and error this IS freedom. People choose from whatever is available to them and they bear the consequences. No one has the write to presume that they don't know what they want but if you don;t like their choice and would like to convince them of something else, please do. The whole point is, the Muslim Brotherhood have been doing their job in promoting their agenda and that is their right. If they win do not blame those who voted for them, blame yourslef.

quote:

Ghooroo! [Cool]

Well here is what the racist bitch wrote:

This passivity has a history: All conquerors of Egypt were quickly assimilated, themselves becoming Pharaohs, and because there were so many uninhabited stretches of land to the left and right of the Nile, everyone easily took root – not like Iraq, which suffered one bloody conquest after another. "Here, a king was seen off with a long and celebratory trip down the Nile," says a German diplomat who has worked all over the Middle East. “But in Baghdad he would be dragged off behind a car."

She seems to be saying that Egyptians are passive because they're not violent. She would like to see us to be more like Iraqis..........

Auto, do you know of any Iranians?

I know about 20 personally, most left after the anti-Shah revolution for good reason.

I think Egypt is in a better place when its own revolution was bloodless while the Iranian revolution certainly wasn't. 20,000 dead in the first 8 months, all of which were intellectuals and most of those intellectuals were anti-Shah but also secular.

Why kill a bunch of people who have the same hope for Iran but don't agree with the Ayatollah Khomeini policies?

Seriously do you think Egypt would be better off if the MB killed the top 50,000 intellectuals to make sure that no-one would challenge their policies?

You spent way too much time in KSA.

Its often said by Babyboomers that as they age they become more thoughtful, inquisitive and more likely to process their beliefs through reason. You are the exact specimen that proves these babyboomers wrong. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
I tried to google translate the two articles/threads:

But this is a better translation:

Egypt debates Brotherhood role

By Heba Saleh in Cairo

Published: December 20 2006 02:00 | Last updated: December 20 2006 02:00

A fierce debate has erupted in Egypt about the nature and intentions of the Muslim Brotherhood opposition, after Islamist students wore black hoods and performed martial arts movements at a protest in Al Azhar University in Cairo.

The authorities continue to hold 123 students following last week's protest - clearly inspired by militant groups such as Lebanon's Hizbollah - and state media have accused the Brotherhood of maintaining "a militia" and seeking to impose its will through "terrorising" the university authorities.

But leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood, which is the largest opposition force in the country, say they deplore the students' action.

"We have reprimanded them severely," said Mohamed Habib, the deputy leader of the group. "They have apologised for their unjustified mistake and we confirm that this is something that we totally reject because it contradicts our chosen path of peaceful action."

The show of force was staged by dozens of students protesting against the decision by the university to expel the leaders of a self-styled "free" student union.

Student elections at Egyptian universities last month were marred by clashes on some campuses because the authorities had refused the nominations of Islamist candidates. University professors say the authorities brought thugs into one campus in Cairo to beat up Islamist students involved in setting up a parallel union.

Politics are banned at Egyptian universities, but the Islamists have a large presence and widespread support.

Despite being an illegal group, the Brotherhood has 88 seats in the Egyptian parliament occupied by independents. This puts it far ahead of any of the legal opposition parties in the country - something which has made it the target of renewed crackdowns since last year's election.

Hundreds of Brotherhood members have been arrested, held for varying periods, then released. Last week 17 senior members were detained.

Analysts note that the use of violence has become a feature of Egyptian politics in recent years.

"We have a problem because the channels for political expression are narrow," said Gamal Abdel Gawad, an analyst at the Al Ahram Centre for Political and Strategic studies. "This creates anger and some could seek to widen these channels through violence."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/52edc9d8-8fce-11db-9ba3-0000779e2340.html

Why would wearing black and swinging your limbs around like a monkey make a bunch of college punks appear dangerous?

Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This tread really really shocked me. How can men behave like this??????????? No way would the world ever see 200-300 ladies running down a road and grap a mans dick or ass. And to read there are somebody who actually says the video is a fake is nearly more scary.......

As most of you know I just returned from a 5 weeks holiday in Egypt. I actually had a good experience with police officers in Hurghada. One day when the kids (7 and 4 years old) and I was going to town to do some shopping we took a cap like always. We jumped in and said Sekalla 15 pound (like always). Cap driver said yes and drived of. When we got to Sekalla I gave him the money and was about to get out of the cap. He said: No madam it was 50 pound in a harsh agressive tone. Offcourse I wasnt gonna pay him 50 pound for the short distance but he keep yelling 50 pound madam 50 pound madam and looked agressive at me. I said Noway im not the average turist you can cheat - my husband is egyptian, and I started to get out. He then said I see you and im gonna get you and then he started to take off with my kids still inside the car. So I grabbed my little sons arm and pulled him out while I screamed stop!!!!!! My daugther was still in the cap. A police officer came running and the driver stopped and nearly pushed my little girl out and then took off before the policeoffficer got close. He did take the caps number and asked if we was allright and what it was all about. He didnt ask for anything in return (money). He said they would find him and have a talk with him. If he hadnt been there that day I dont know what would have happend to my daugther. My egyptian husband was furious and hate that I go out without him even just for shopping. He always wants his friends to drive me around because he says Egypt is full of money and sexloving dirty guys.
Then again I think I had 2-3 bad experiences during all of november but I sure did have a lot of good ones too and made a lot of new friends.

Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/2006/11/23/egypt-cairos-women-speak-out-against-violence/
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Another Butt Grab by Wounded Female From Cairo.

quote:
That's my online chat with a friend about what happened last night (Saturday, December 16th).
==========================================================

Me: I beat up someone tonight
Friend: huh?
Me: well, ok, right after I left the net cafe, I was walking back to the subway passing by the AUC
Me: some young boy who could be 13 or 14 walked by me and touched my butt and I knew he did it on purpose which anyone else wouldn't have suspect him as I did saying he is a little kid.
Me: I didn't even turn around or anything to make him feel safe that what happened was just nothing... I knew he was going to return to do it again and my feelings and thoughts were right...
Friend: hehe
Friend: go on
Me: so, I pretended blind that I haven't even saw the boy coming back and there was two girls in front of me on the same direction who the guy just appeared from behind them and at this moment I have grabbed him from the neck and pushed him against a car was parking on the side.
Me: I would have still known if he was coming from my back because I had his picture in my head at this moment, so if he would have came from the back, I would have recognized his shadow
Me: anyway, the boy seemed so surprised for what he was receiving from me
Me: as soon as I pulled him against the car (can you imagine what I am trying to describe?)
Friend: yes
Me: I was like "so, you're returning back to do the same mistake twice which you don't seem to learn from the first time, huh?"
Me: “you know what I am going to do to you now, sweetie? Can you see those police guys over there? I am going to call for them to come and bust your ass"
Me: His eyes went bigger from how surprised he was
Friend: idiot
Me: the boy almost died in my hand from how I was holding from the neck
Me: which were I have controlled him totally
Me: I could tell he couldn't even bring a word out and his eyes started tearing not being able to breath
Me: I was holding him with my right hand and my left hand was getting ready to slap his face's right side
Friend: good
Me: but he held it not to hit him
Friend: you should learn how to hit with the forehead
Me: and I went like "you can't escape from what you will receive from me, because you will get it, you will get it, so better let my hand go or I am calling the police"
Friend: it's a devastating hit
Me: I know, but I would be worried I would harm myself this way
Friend: that's why I am saying you should LEARN how to do this hit properly
Me: He let my hand go then I asked why the **** would you do such a thing when he can consider me like his older sister which if he saw his sister receiving such a thing from some asshole like him, he would protect her. He started saying sorry and all but I still said that I will get his ass busted.
Me: i would want to learn
Friend: they never learn, unfortunately
Friend: they only get scared
Me: so at this moment, I have very hard slapped his face with my left hand where I was still holding him from the neck against the car
Friend: after some time they return to behaving like pigs
Me: he went like "why are you beating me up, I said I am sorry"
Me: I replied "because you deserve it"
Friend: of course
Friend: he deserved much worse
Me: he started crying and asking me to let it go and forgive him
Me: at this moment one of the security guys from the AUC came to see what's going on
Friend: I hope you slapped him at least one more time before letting him go
Me: I told him what happened which is why I am giving him **** and in front of the security guy I have slapped the boy's face again telling him that I am going to get his ass busted
Me: I did
Friend: good
Me: he started crying more and the security guy held him for me and was wondering if he wants me to get him arrested and the boy's body was shaking, so I said no let him go and I hope he learned his lesson
Me: but before he left he asked the security guy to let go his hand and the boy almost kissed my hand asking me to forgive him before I leave.
Friend: of
Me: I looked at him and I said "I hope you learned your lesson. You're still young and have a life in front of you because something like what you did, I have the right to put you in jail and that's where you will spend most of your life. Now go and I hope you will behave towards others"
Me: He was crying and bowed on my hand to kiss it, but I pulled my hand away, petting on his shoulder and asked him to go after I gave him my advise

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
loved it, it's about time they start to fight back, a good a*s kicking teaches a very good lesson [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com