EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » skating ring in Maadi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: skating ring in Maadi
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that there is a skating ring in Maadi, by the Corniche. Anyone knows exactly where? what do I tell the taxi driver?

How much does it cost for entrance fee and renting the skates?

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah02
Member # 1332

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean ice skating right? There was one in family land, but they turned it into a cinema. I think there's one next to TGI Fridays in Giza. The one in Family land was 15LE for half an hour.
Posts: 116 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of my friends is living in maadi , i will ask him

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarah02:
You mean ice skating right? There was one in family land, but they turned it into a cinema. I think there's one next to TGI Fridays in Giza. The one in Family land was 15LE for half an hour.

There was one in Arkadia mall but it got turned into a resturant.

There is one at the Genoua mall.

I am recieveing blades for X-mas and look forward to falling on my arse after not been on blades for a decade.

[Embarrassed]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, yes. I do mean Ice Skating.
Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
no one else knows?
Auto Matic For The People
Member # 10849

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auto Matic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rink
Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auto Matic For The People
Member # 10849

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auto Matic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way whenever you have questions about Egypt it's always helpful to go to forums with large number of Egyptians who are living in Egypt, such as this one:

http://www.egyptiantalks.org/invb/index.php?

They don't like people to post in languages other than Arabic......but it's always fun to just that [Big Grin]

Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yanal:

hey yanal.. how are you? did you come to the UK again? yanal.. what was your old user name, i cant think of it and its bugging me!

sono... why does this thread seem strangely familiar?!!

Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs C:
quote:
Originally posted by Yanal:

hey yanal.. how are you? did you come to the UK again? yanal.. what was your old user name, i cant think of it and its bugging me!

sono... why does this thread seem strangely familiar?!!

I remember this thread, it was a while back. And I found the flaw in their claims.

At least now i know where I can go ice skating.

Who knows in the future Arkadia might convert that resturant back into a ice rink. UAE had a huge down-hill skiing complex that they had completed about 1 year ago. I had posted an article on it at ET. Enough demand from Gulf Arabs will drive mall owners and amusement park owners to create these complexes in Egypt. At least that is what I am hoping for. Might just get the little monster into some blades and figure skating lessons before she turns 6 years!

Keep my fingers crossed. [Razz]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com