EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Does anyone know about gun fire in Sharm last night?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone know about gun fire in Sharm last night?
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks, me and my husband woke up to ca 15 min of machine gunfire this morning between 4 and 5... There were also some shots that reminded of cannons (and we saw fire flashes with each shot also) somewhere in the area of Naama Bay or beyond it, if looking from the direction of Hadaba. Or maybe the area of MFO. They don't organise military trainings in a tourist area, I should hope, or do they? I was just feeding my baby daughter and it was kind of terrifying, considering the border with Israel etc is not so far at all from here. We went out to the terrace and watched and listened but could not understand what was going on and there is nothing in the news either. Naama is perhaps intact though [Smile] otherwise we'd heard of it already but really first time in my life I was hearing living gunfire and not small guns but really something sounding like a machine gun and some bigger shots. Life around looks to continue as if nothing happened but we are wondering...
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mal
Member # 12314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you do find out anything about it could you post it on here - I'm going out there next Thursday would be good to know if anything is going on first.
Posts: 53 | From: Dartford, Kent. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to have been military training after all, in the very middle of Sharm. I always thought Egypt needs to lock more tourists, not frighten away these few that already have come [Frown]
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Nevermind,

I can't comment at all on your question but congratulations on your marriage (I do hope it's not only an Orfi one! [Big Grin] ). Of course I remember you very clearly. I guess in the end everything worked out in the relationship with your Egyptian man, good for you.

But what do you mean in your post? Sharm has way less tourists than before the attacks last year? I always thought the red sea resorts are packed with tourists especially with people from the former East block countries and the Egyptian ministry of tourism publishes successful statistics.

So how does in reality the tourism business looks like right now?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com