EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » survey

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: survey
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am doing a survey ,i would like to hear from non egyptians the most thing they like here (can be ore than one) and the most thing u hate (could be more than) but plz include ur age ,nationality and gender as i has to site my sources
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oldbag, female, British, 46:

Three of each:

most like:
(1) warm, friendly people,
(2) very safe environment compared to most Western cities
(3) almost total lack of use/abuse of alcohol - particularly in association with 'a good night out'

most hate:
(1) extreme poverty,
(2) poor condition of many animals,
(3) crazy driving and the results of it

What's your survey for anyway? Just curious!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryanne
Member # 9311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maryanne female British 38

I have never been to Egypt so I cant comment.

--------------------
Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity.

Posts: 224 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thnx 4 ur comments i hope to get more comments and if u can add how long have u been living in cairo and which city , occupation .its a research i am conducting abt whether egypt deserved to host world cup 2010 and problems foreigners face here

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M./female/American/32

What do I like about Egypt?

1. It's safe
2. Close family relations
3. Cheap souvenirs

What do I dislike about Egypt?

1. It's dirty
2. Poverty
3. Ppl like to gawk and stare
4. Bad economy and poor jobs/pay
5. Animal cruelty
6. Wreckless driving
7. Unorganized

I don't live in Egypt but I've spent time in Cairo, Alex, and Kafr Dawar.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod/Awrah/Albino_Eskimo/Everyone's_a_Pascha/Samarra_Anissa

Female/American/32

What do I like about Egypt?

1. Its far away from my mother.
2. I am not the pushiest person around.
3. A long and fascinating history to explore.
4. Kids can be kids and not little adults.
5. Its aroma, don't know what it is, sand and dust, but its like a Library in Heaven just for me.
6. Surf of the ocean, love the waves looking up and gazing upon the Alex skyline and all its lights, turn around and see a blaze of stars with constellations I don't see in the USA.
7. Shape of the houses, how close they are together, the balconies, windows, doorways. Just so different its like living in one of the novels I read.
8. Watching the farms and canals roll by in the car. The kinds of agricultural practices I see on organic farms and I am used to the look and feel of these time honored practices.
9. Retail shopping strips, its not in strip malls but an open air type of environment. I am not refering to the souks, but the actual shops. I hate stores that have so many items it takes hours to go through everything.
10. Music, Music spewing through the air wherever you go, its non-stop. No need for an MP3 player and headphones.
11. Movies are extremely varied and refreshingly different, especially the ones before 1978.
12. Literature is a shocking dedication to its people and not very much an alternate reality.
13. The elderly are involved with their families and dedicated to them, they don't run off after retirement and ignore their families.

What do I dislike about Egypt?

1. traveling a span of 2 miles takes 45 minutes in the city.
2. Leaving Egypt through Cairo International airport, so damn pushy!
3. garbage everywhere, but I understand why.
4. mass-migration to the city has created not only more poverty, but a condensed version of poverty which makes improving government services and infastructure near impossible..
5. being asked every 5-40 minutes if I am a Muslim.
6. the class system.
7. its a police state.
8. Being expected to know exactly how they live and what their social mores are withouut learning it first.
9. Lack of hope and fustration of the youth, which expect America to solve all their problems and not trying to solve it on their own.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bloody hell sono... lets hope your not writing the slogan for the world cup!

'Egypt....... OR ELSE'!!!

Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
thnx 4 all ur help i wish more replies

--------------------
islam

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:
the ocean

[Big Grin]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with the survey Esso7. Egyptians deserve to host the world cup as they are passionate about football. Only in Egypt, have I found taxi drivers watching the beautiful game, on little tv screens, attached to the dashboard (switched on and off when police appear).

Reasons I love Egypt:

* The rich history and wealth of archaeological sites

* Culture contrasts and the cultural heritage.

* The beauty of the landscape and the Nile

* The sunshine and being warm enough to swim outside, at night, watching the stars above.

* The charm of Aswan, the beaches of Alexandria and The Red Sea resorts, the green tranquility around Luxor and its desert backdrop, Lake Nasser's vast expanse of blue.

* Cairo and the sheer beauty of the city: hotels; restaurants; shopping malls and traditional markets; parks; river walks; museums, the opera house and galleries; the beauty of the old buildings and street layouts; the cacophony of noise and distant, evocative sound of the call to prayer.

* The warmth and humour of the people and kindness of strangers including children's smiles and cries of 'Welcome to Egypt'

* The freshness of fruit and vegetables, beautifully displayed everywhere, the colour, the scent of charcoal burning, the sense that you are in an unique country.

What I dislike about Egypt

*The poverty and how it sits uncomfortably beside vast wealth.

*Egypt's undemocratic government and the oppression and corruption that results.

* The harassment of women.

* Baksheesh

* Luxor's world class hassle merchants

* The hypocrisy

* Cairo: The 24 hour cacophony of noise including mosque speakers pointed into people's rooms; the dirt and litter; the traffic congestion and road conditions.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com