EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Shahnaz the burn girl......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shahnaz the burn girl......
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We managed to find the Helmeya hospital but it took so long we were running late to meet someone else.
When you get there you go to the far end of the complex to the account office the reception ladies show you where to donate money. A man takes your donation and then gives you a receipt. You then have to take it outside to have it photocopied so that the copy can go inside her case notes. The photocopy place is just back down the street and then on the right.
There were a few ladies already there donating. We asked the reception girls for some info. They told us that Shahnaz was travelling in a taxi when it exploded the gas tank in the boot. Her mother was killed but they did not know the fate of the driver. It happened during Ramadan. Shahnaz had massive burns and lost her arm, they also told us she also lost her leg! They did not expect her to live when she was admitted but she managed to pull through despite her injuries. She was in a coma until a few days ago. She is awake now but because of the bandages she does not know that she has lost both limbs, or her mother. She still feels them and is in great pain. She knows she has had an accident but not the full extent. Her bill till today is 50,000 LE! They have received many donations but have not reached the target ( they did not say how much). If the target is not met the army will foot the bill. Any surplus will go to her family for after care. They will have to pay for years of reconstructive plastic surgery and prosthetics, unless a charity offers to pay, or some kind doctor offers his services for free?
All donators are asked if they want to visit with her. We declined. To be honest we would not want to impose or tire her out. If you do want to visit it must be on the 2 visiting days. One is thursday and Ithink they said the other was saturday? you can call and ask. When you get the photocopy you then take it back to the Burn Unit itself and there is a man who takes the copy and puts it in her notes. As we were running late we did not have the chance to speak to nursing staff to get better info. But the main thing is she has survived but is unaware of her injuries or her mothers death till today.
Please if you can spare any cash give it to this poor girl and her family. Every little bit helps and the staff and her family are so grateful.
Chimps I hope your friend managed to get there?
[Smile]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toots, you and your husband have good hearts. I'm sure this young girl will be in the prayers of many.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the radio broadcast helped? Thank to High Voltage for the info too [Wink]

Mr Tooti is the kindest most thoughtful and caring for others person I know, It just saddens me how some people here view him. They have no idea????
I wish I was more like him........... [Smile]

Mr T for president!! lol

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auto Matic For The People
Member # 10849

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auto Matic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done
Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tootofrooti karma will come back to you. You obviously have a big heart with room for many people, and i do admire you so for this quality. I wish for you all the happiness in the world. May people treat you as good in your darkest hours as you have treated others.
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tooti
what can i say , youre always doing things for others, youre heart is gold, and so is mr tootis,,
I would do the same, if i lived there, i would definatly be there to help others, and all the little animals,

You are sooo kind, and its people like you that we need in this world more of, then there wouldnt be the problems that there is,
please send my love to mr tooti, , hes also a treasure

thankyou, i wish i was there to help, i would i promise

llots of love tooti
always
Alison xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
toots is the best! god knows she helped me when my b/f was on a life support machine.. and after, when i was left to deal with his brain damage, and the initial burst of sympathy from others had gone.. toots was there.. in the middle of the night!

yur a wee gem hen!

Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wonderful, Tooti, that you managed to find the hospital and donated money for her needed operations. You and your husband are truly amazing! Well done! Bravo! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
Mr Tooti is the kindest most thoughtful and caring for others person I know, It just saddens me how some people here view him. They have no idea????
I wish I was more like him........... [Smile]

Mr T for president!! lol

I'll second that - he is kindness itself.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com