EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Verna & Lanos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Verna & Lanos
holo
Member # 4009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am about to buy a brand new car , and i am choosing between Hyundai Verna And Daewoo Lanos.
can any one help me on this?? telling me about the durability, engine, comfort, stability, whats good and whats bad about them??
thanks

Posts: 63 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Verna is apparently the Hyundai Accent sold here in the States. For a long time, Hyundai had a really poor reputation for reliability, and offered a 10 year warranty in order to survive in the market place here. Since then, the company has apparently consulted with Japanese manufacturers and the quality of their products has increased tremendously. I wouldnt' say they are as good as Japanese cars, but I think they are probably as good, if not better, than American cars, which are pretty useless these days. [Big Grin]

Here's a review of the Accent, although it doesn't talk about reliability.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/research/hyundai/accent.html

I don't know much about the Daewoo Lanos. They aren't really sold here in the U.S., but apparently the Chevrolet Aveo is related to it.

This is all just personal opinion, but if Chevrolet is involved in the manufacture of the Lanos, I would avoid it.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL ... I was wondering what the heck this thread was about when I saw the title. (I often decide by the title whether I'm interested or not). I thought it sounded really romantic, like a couple from Greek mythology or something like that ~ *Verna & Lanos* ~ [Cool]

And then I open this thread to find out it's about Japanese cars! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com