EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Is this really what Egyptians believe about america? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is this really what Egyptians believe about america?
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Dream

When I was a little child I've always dreamed of travelling to Europe or even America, that dream just kept growing. Movies, products and fake civilisation just kept nourishing my "American Dream". I was really fascinated with the life style, "freedom" and everything there. After I grew up and started to realize the fake mask this culture is wearing, by this time I had my own view and my own theory about the "American Dream".
If we looked closer we'll easily realize that the Americans were mainly criminals, outcasts and thieves, whose countries' jails couldn't bare more and thus were sent to the "new land". I mean that they are not of a main united origin thats why they are all suffering ethnic. They had this major sadistic background of serial killings for the native Americans (no wonder they are reviving that tradition back).
Even those who were of some "noble" origin they were cruel enough to enslave the Africans and treat them as animals with lower rank of rights (so long for the "noble" origin). I mean if we compared their origins and their attitude nowadays we will understand why they act like this. Its simply lack of unity in origins, that they all carry along where ever they go, which makes them so degraded that they like to prove themselves to other people by power and ruling the world's sources.

http://spotlighting.blogspot.com/2006/08/american-dream.html

You'll notice the second comment down, I got alot of this kind of negative feedback on my first trip to Egypt.

I couldn't believe it. Even teachers in Egypt's public schools drill these ideas into their pupils heads. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:

If we looked closer we'll easily realize that the Americans were mainly criminals, outcasts and thieves, whose countries' jails couldn't bare more and thus were sent to the "new land".

Someone confuses here America with Australia........ [Roll Eyes]

How old is that blogger?

My husband gets nothing but smiles and shaking hands whenever he's in Egypt. Political talk clearly gets avoided. Many, many Egyptians would love to immigrate to the US to fulfill their 'American Dream' - unfortunately after 9/11 it got too difficult so people now aiming for Canada and other countries.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I never heard that. This is a first for me. What I did hear from everyone was

Why do Americans hate Arabs?

That baffled me. I was like, Do you know how many Arabs are in America? Why would they hate their own? Anyway, those conversations were more in depth than that. But those were the basics.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
American Dream

When I was a little child I've always dreamed of travelling to Europe or even America, that dream just kept growing. Movies, products and fake civilisation just kept nourishing my "American Dream". I was really fascinated with the life style, "freedom" and everything there. After I grew up and started to realize the fake mask this culture is wearing, by this time I had my own view and my own theory about the "American Dream".
If we looked closer we'll easily realize that the Americans were mainly criminals, outcasts and thieves, whose countries' jails couldn't bare more and thus were sent to the "new land". I mean that they are not of a main united origin thats why they are all suffering ethnic. They had this major sadistic background of serial killings for the native Americans (no wonder they are reviving that tradition back).
Even those who were of some "noble" origin they were cruel enough to enslave the Africans and treat them as animals with lower rank of rights (so long for the "noble" origin). I mean if we compared their origins and their attitude nowadays we will understand why they act like this. Its simply lack of unity in origins, that they all carry along where ever they go, which makes them so degraded that they like to prove themselves to other people by power and ruling the world's sources.

You'll notice the second comment down, I got alot of this kind of negative feedback on my first trip to Egypt.

I couldn't believe it. Even teachers in Egypt's public schools drill these ideas into their pupils heads. [Roll Eyes]

In fact my father told me the same story, when I was a kid...Am I bad now??? [Wink]
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortanly this is true not only I egypt but in most of islamic and arabic countries ,I think you know what are the reasons make a negative view view for USA , and most of those reason due to politics ( palastenian crisis , unlimited support or israel , iraq ocupation ).
So , many ppls in middel east hate USA , and Americans ppls by the way.coz they connect between americans ppls and politician .
And they forget there are good and bad ppls in evrey country .
Only one who visit USA or stay has a good view about USA ,and amricans .
How american change this view ? can they do that in short time ? or it will take many years ?
I don’t know , but it need many years

Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

If we looked closer we'll easily realize that the Americans were mainly criminals, outcasts and thieves, whose countries' jails couldn't bare more and thus were sent to the "new land".

It's true. British convicts were regularly sent to early America.

http://www.amazon.com/Bound-America-Transportation-Convicts-Colonies/dp/0198200927

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I think that this is a kind of love-hate relationship. Egyptians seem to love and admire all American products, films, education etc. but then they hate the culture and the people. And one wonders how it is possible to separate these two aspects?

Actually I don't think that this is limited only to Egypt - I come across this attitude towards America and espeically Americans often in Europe.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tream Lefty:
quote:
quote:

http://www.amazon.com/Bound-America-Transportation-Convicts-Colonies/dp/0198200927

I did not know this; however if you compare the amount of British convicted criminals to the many people who arrived from other parts of the world in America - is considerably low.

But the blogger stated: "... that the Americans were mainly criminals, outcasts and thieves ..." - which is nonsense and degrading based on given untrue facts or because of personal interest.

Some interesting facts about Australia:

..."But the transportation of lawbreakers to America ended abruptly in 1776 when the Revolutionary War began."
"...Between 1788 and 1868, 160,000 convicts were transported to Australia."
"..When transportation ended, about 40 percent of Australia’s English-speaking population had come to the "land down under" as convicted criminals."

http://www.crf-usa.org/bria/bria11_2.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sheba76:
.. I was like, Do you know how many Arabs are in America? ...

About 12 million ... and all pretty much useless.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Arabs have slaves too? Just curious.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

Don't you think the number you gave is way off line?

"It is estimated that the 2000 Census question on ancestry, which measures ethnicity beyond official race classifications, captured about one-third of the total population that traces its roots to the Arabic-speaking world. While the just-released census figures account for about 1.25 million Americans of Arab descent, private research by the Arab American Institute and Zogby International indicates a population that exceeds 3 million."

http://www.allied-media.com/Arab-American/census.htm

And what do you mean by 'useless'? Please explain further.

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Actually I think that this is a kind of love-hate relationship. Egyptians seem to love and admire all American products, films, education etc. but then they hate the culture and the people. And one wonders how it is possible to separate these two aspects?

This is only as of recently ... Even with America's blind support for Israel in the past, the resentment wasn't nearly as great in proportion as it is today. The issue is no longer America's hypocrisy, but rather America's bully attitude ... which is losing it support the world over.

Unfortunately, it isn't easy to seperate foreign policy from your overall view of the people ...

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

Actually I don't think that this is limited only to Egypt - I come across this attitude towards America and espeically Americans often in Europe.

I agree with you here.... it is a complex love - hate relationship
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Not that many. Most likely around 4 to 5 million Arabs live in the U.S..

As for the original question, I've been utterly flabberghasted at some of the beliefs that Arabs have towards either America, but especially Israel. Their hatred towards Israel is unrivaled, bordering on an obsession; a dangerous one at that.

And yet for all of their hatred for America, Arab immigrants have a much better chance at attaining a higher quality of life and job in the U.S, than in Europe.

The Arabs here in America are seemingly very cognizant of this, so when they come here, they abandon much of their innate hatred towards the U.S, and just try to fit in.

9/11 made this more difficult ofcourse, and many Americans are suspicious or remain xenophobic towards Arabs, but the majority of Americans are open minded towards them aslong as they integrate; which they have been doing.

Arab Americans are far better integrated than European Arabs you'll find..

As for European dislike towards America and Americans, well thats a whole other kettle of fish.

Old Europe has lost much of it's former prestige, power and influence in the World, while America has surged to incredible heights of success, and this had made them bitter apparently.

Not only does America wield incredible economic and military might, but American culture has penetrated the entire Globe via mass media, which just rubs more salt into their wound.

Another factor is that many Americans are incredibly haughty and arrogant because they know they belong to the World's only Super power.

Combined with great ignorance of the World outside of America (which I blame on the terrible education system), this arrogance has increased the dislike many Europeans have for America and they see many Americans as a selfish, arrogant and ignorant people.

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Almost all cultures at some point had some form of Slavery.

The Arab slave trade lasted even longer than the Atlantic Slave trade, but it did not equal the scale of the latter.

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The slave trade in the Middle East and North Africa also was quite different than that of the the Americas in that it was not based off of race. Anyone could be a slave if they were unfortunate enough.
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

what do you mean , i didn't understand your question [Confused]
Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
quote:
Even those who were of some "noble" origin they were cruel enough to enslave the Africans and treat them as animals with lower rank of rights
How can Arabs say Americans are bad for having slaves? When Arabs had slaves too.

That's all. Simple comment. I think a lot of Arabs just don't realize how much alike people all over the world really are. We all have our differences sure, but it seems that the basics are pretty much the same.

Don't we all love, laugh, and cry the same? Don't mother's and father's everywhere love and protect their children with the same feelings? Different approaches maybe, but the basics are the same. Just a generalization.

When I lived in Egypt, everyone commented on how I was more Egyptian than American. I just didn't act like an American. But I was normal. I think they just don't see the blending of cultures that we (Americans)do. It is a part of our every day lives. It is not for a lot of Arabs. So where do they get their ideas from? Lots of places; media, books, etc.. Most of them are not exposed to normal American behaviour. So they seem surprised when they realize that Americans are much like themselves.

JMHO

Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How can Arabs say Americans are bad for having slaves? When Arabs had slaves too.
Due to having slaves for hundreds of years beyond what most (but not all) Arabic and European countries allowed, and having that slavery based off of concepts of race. Most conceptions are that the American Civil War was fought to free slaves, and while that is debated in the States, it is accepted abroad. Most other countries abolished slavery without as much protest.
The slavery issue is also not considered independently, it is always coupled with the genocide of the indigenous people that the country was once populated with, and now the remaining live in destitute communities.

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
American Dream

it's another generalization .... i don't think this is the opinion of arabs living in america, it's from someone way too far, who got all his data from parents, politics, movies(gangs of NY)but me my self have lived in the states for a while and i don't think american people are that bad at all they are normal people, they laugh , cry , eat like the rest of all humans, and they are quite different than their government.

I know that most of the arabs mix between the american people and their adminstration and this is because they belive for sure that their elections reflect what they are and reflects their view but this is not right at all......

the years i spent in the states made me live my american dream for a while and i went out with love to most american people.

Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

i belive the 12 milions is the count for american muslims not the arabs... as i heard this my self when i was there
Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

"It is estimated that the 2000 Census question on ancestry, which measures ethnicity beyond official race classifications, captured about one-third of the total population that traces its roots to the Arabic-speaking world. While the just-released census figures account for about 1.25 million Americans of Arab descent, private research by the Arab American Institute and Zogby International indicates a population that exceeds 3 million."

Tiger, i guess masrawi was talking about their influence in the american community and the politics ground and how reachable their voices are compared to other groups like the zionist lobby!
they are living in their own world over there,even they have good careers,education, money . you see all hospitals have arabian doctors, and many of known business men are arabians but they still living in their own fears of melting in the society and losing their belives and cultur, they just stepped aside .....

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I belive Egyptians have good feelings for American people as individuals but America as a country is both hated and loved by Egyptians And this hatred will continue forever because Arabs continue to rely on USA to resolve the Palestinians issue which they wont.

The USA and Israel are twin, and this is not by choice. Both :

-originated by extermination of another race
- Discovering new land
-The European roots
-Brought New culture to the region
- dominated the region with their power

How can you convince the USA that the above is wrong is beyond me! The USA will only work to protect the security of Israel but not to establish a fair resolution between Israel and Palestine. Plaestinans wont get what they want from USA or Israel and they can negotiate forever but it wont happen.

jeeee what am I talking about now [Confused]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

From what I understood is alot of those convicts were entire families in jail for debts.

Theft and debts could get a Brit or European more jail time than arson, assualt, rape or embellezement.

But that blurb on Amazon doesn't illustrate that point.

Plus its assumed by many non-westerners that America's population is mostly of British origins.

No actually half of America is of German and Irish origins.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by High-Voltage:
quote:
quote:

Tiger, i guess masrawi was talking about their influence in the american community and the politics ground and how reachable their voices are compared to other groups like the zionist lobby!
u guessed right.
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:
quote:
Due to having slaves for hundreds of years beyond what most (but not all) Arabic and European countries allowed, and having that slavery based off of concepts of race. Most conceptions are that the American Civil War was fought to free slaves, and while that is debated in the States, it is accepted abroad. Most other countries abolished slavery without as much protest.
The slavery issue is also not considered independently, it is always coupled with the genocide of the indigenous people that the country was once populated with, and now the remaining live in destitute communities.

Well settlers let alone the American government never intended to wipe the indigenious people entirely. Graf_Genn you are forgetting that Canada had the same policies (not exact replicas but close) of the USA in regards to indigenious populations. But its convenient to forget that.

Here's an example of absolute genocide by white settlers:

The Tasmanians, estimated to number between 4,000 and 6,000 people in 1803, was reduced to a population of around 300 by 1833, mainly killed by the white settlers who came to Australia from the United Kingdom, although disease and cultural disruption contributed as well. The refusal of the settlers to recognise the Aborigines as human beings can be regarded as a legal injustice, and the suspiscion and acts of violence aroused by their cultural difference has been likened to a witch hunt. [2].

The Black War and subsequent Black Line were turning points in the relationship with European settlers. Even though the tribes managed to avoid capture during these events, they were shaken by the size of the campaigns against them.

George Augustus Robinson, a Christian missionary, befriended Truganini, learned some of the local language and in 1833 managed to persuade the remaining peoples to move to a new settlement on Flinders Island, where he promised a modern and comfortable environment, and that they would be relocated to the Tasmanian mainland as soon as possible.

Once on Flinders Island, Robinson abandoned the Aborigines. Of the 300 people who arrived with Robinson, 250 died in the following 14 years in conditions more akin to a prison.

In 1847, the 47 survivors were transferred to their final settlement at Oyster Cove, where — no longer perceived as a threat — they were often dressed up and paraded on official engagements. In 1859 their numbers were estimated at around a dozen; the last survivor died in 1876.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasmanian_Aborigines#After_European_Settlement

High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:
I belive Egyptians have good feelings for American people as individuals but America as a country is both hated and loved by Egyptians And this hatred will continue forever because Arabs continue to rely on USA to resolve the Palestinians issue which they wont.

- Discovering new land
-The European roots

ya3ni men al27'er kedah (Tezeen Fe Lebas) [Big Grin]
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:

- Discovering new land
-The European roots

How can you convince the USA that the above is wrong is beyond me! The USA will only work to protect the security of Israel but not to establish a fair resolution between Israel and Palestine. Plaestinans wont get what they want from USA or Israel and they can negotiate forever but it wont happen.

jeeee what am I talking about now [Confused]

Oh how I do love these broad sweeping generalizations. You do realize these comparisons that you used as your supposed "proof" (and I use this word rather loosely here) could pretty much be applied to any country. The USA and Israel are sure not the only countries that have or have in common a past of genocide, exploration, colonization, and assimilation. So let's go back to the drawing board on this one and come up with a real theory that can accurately diagnose the situation.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know what I think of America ?

it is a country controlled by money = jews = devils
because jews are controlled by the devil.
So America is the devil.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Alchemist

what you say is not right.
Israel is not like America
Palestine is not a new land
israel is not a country by its own. therefore they are not powerful.
they did not dominate the region. ever
we are not relying on the americans to solve the problem
may be our rulers do , but we do not.
some day we will kick them in their ass and send them back to europe , russia , south america , north america and the arab countries
they will be replaced by the real and the original owners of PALESTINE
as we did before , do you remember Saladin , 1973 , lebanon 2000 , lebanon2006
We have all the powers to defeat them and you but ....
god never forgive our governers.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by king-snefru:

So America is the devil.

Thank you for expressing your infinite wisdom, now pass the Sheik Sharawi iced hashish pops cereal to your brothers and be a nice little boy.

[Razz]

Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So America is the devil.

This kind of ignorance does not even deem an answer.

NEXT!

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I will !!!

king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
What Ignorance ? Mine or yours !???
Ironborn
Member # 12020

I believe Ms Alchemist is referring to your ignorance Snefru! [Razz]

And she's right. You are seriously in need of a History lesson.

There was never a nation called Palestine, or a people called the Palestinians.

Palestine was a massive geographical area which contained nations such as present day Jordan, Iraq, Israel and Syria among others..

So I ask you, who are the "rightful owners" of Palestine?

~Alistair

--------------------
Lies fade like smoke when uncovered..but Truth, burns like fire.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Dude:

~Alistair

Does it matter so much who the rightful owners are, as the fact that Israel treats Arabs like ****? I don't care who owns what, when basic human rights get thrown out the window. [Frown]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
quote:

~Alistair

Does it matter so much who the rightful owners are, as the fact that Israel treats Arabs like ****? I don't care who owns what, when basic human rights get thrown out the window. [Frown]
No, it doesn't really matter who the rightful owners are, because there are no rightful owners.

I just asked this question to show people how ridiculous Snefru's statement was when he said:

quote:
some day we will kick them in their ass and send them back to europe , russia , south america , north america and the arab countries
they will be replaced by the real and the original owners of PALESTINE

~Alistair
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Palestine was a massive geographical area which contained nations such as present day Jordan, Iraq, Israel and Syria among others..

~Alistair

I guess you are the complete ignorant over here, even america it self confiss that ((Israel)) was palestine before 1948, even i see that my self in one of the papers in OHIO (the plain dealer),in the first page a map for palestine with 1947 on it , and another map for palestine with the word israel on 1948, do some research before you talk......... [Razz]
Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

~Alistair

quote:

where did you get this nonsence from ?
do you have any prove for your previous bla bla ? [Razz]

Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by BaBa-Mido:
quote:

~Alistair

I guess you are the complete ignorant over here, even america it self confiss that ((Israel)) was palestine before 1948, even i see that my self in one of the papers in OHIO (the plain dealer),in the first page a map for palestine with 1947 on it , and another map for palestine with the word israel on 1948, do some research before you talk......... [Razz]
Perhaps you should read a bit more carefully before you open your mouth.

First off, I never said that Palestine could not be found on a map, or that Israel wasn't a part of Palestine.

Actually, I even said in my original response that Israel was formerly a part of Palestine, along with Trans-Jordan.

What I did say was that Palestine was not a nation, and that the Palestinians were not a distinct people.

I'm sure that English isn't your primary language, but even so, before you criticize others, have a care to know what you're talking about [Razz]

~Alistair

DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Dude ! your are repeating your nonsence again .... theeere weeere nooo ISRAEL befor 1948 at all, the name was not even exist,,,it's all made up after 1948.

how about that Mr, English 1st language ?

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BaBa-Mido:
Dude ! your are repeating your nonsence again .... theeere weeere nooo ISRAEL befor 1948 at all, the name was not even exist,,,it's all made up after 1948.

how about that Mr, English 1st language ?

Actually Israel was a name before 1948. And it was a nation in pre-Biblical times.

You'd have to crank open a Bible or Torah in order to know that though!

Remember King David and his son King Solomon?

King David (Hebrew: דָּוִד,Standard Davíd Tiberian Dāwíð;Arabic: داوود or داود, Dā'ūd;Tigrinya: ዳዊት Dāwīt), meaning "beloved", was the second king of the united kingdom of Israel (c. 1011 BC – 971 BC). He united the kingdom when he succeeded Ish-bosheth (fourth son of King Saul), the latter being king of the northern tribes of Israel. His life and rule are recorded in the Hebrew Bible's books of First Samuel (from chapter 16 onwards),[1] Second Samuel,[2] First Kings[3] and Second Kings (to verse 4).[4] First Chronicles[5] gives further stories of David, mingled with lists and genealogies. He is depicted as the most righteous of all the ancient kings of Israel - although not without fault - as well as an acclaimed warrior, musician and poet (he is traditionally credited with the authorship of many of the Psalms). In response to David's desire to build a House of God, God promised David that his royal house would endure forever.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David

skidmark
Member # 12158

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for skidmark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sono [Smile]
Posts: 51 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Friday 14th May 1948, British mandate on Palestine ended and Zionist leaders declared the establishment of the State of Israel. It was immediately recognized by the US and Russia

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
To Everyone here in brief
there was no nation or a country called ISRAEL before moses
and the land PALESTINE inhabited by the Palestinians.
and then they established a state there and it last for 800 years.
this is all their history in Palestine.
even if you are talking about the name , the name does not really matter, but the people who owns it.
Palestine is part of the arab world , the jews do not belong to this region , they are like a cancer.
one hundred years ago there was no jews in palestine
they moved to palestine under the british mandate for the country, and after the europeans killed them , slaghtered them.
we did nothinhg to the F c u k ing jews.
All what we got , we lost part of our home - Palestine -
we lost millions of people killed in the wars by these F c u k ing jews.
innocent and victims get killed everyday by them.
children , women , old people get killed everyday.
civilians get killed everyday.
AGAIN there was no F c u k ing jews in Palestine 100 years ago.
they packed them in ships from Europe to Palestine , specially from Germany , Austria , Poland , and some of the arab countries.
Palestine was occupied before by the European crusaders for more than 83 years but SALADEEN saved it and got it back ( GOD BLESS HIS SOUL)
about the rights. :::
the arabs occupied SPAIN for more than 1000 years.
does this give them the right to claim spain back ????
the jews of the present time are not the jews who are the cousins of the arabs therefor they do not belong to this region.
they are welcome to live under our control , but not to control us in our home.

king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
DUDE

I do not know what to say , whether you are a jew or an ignorant American ?
they washed your brains, There was no jews in palestine 100 years ago
Palestine was full of it's real citizens of Arab Moslems and Christians.
there was no jews, I REPEAT there was no jews before the year 1900 .

we lived here as egyptians for more than 8000 years and the our neighbors from the east side were the arabs of palestine except 800 years we had the jews like a pain in the neck.
imagine 8000 or 9000 years palestine was owned by arabs , and they took control only for 800 years. nad we can add to their 800 years another 58 years from 1948 till 2006
I want you to look at them :::and answer plz
Do they look like us ?? do they speak the same language ?
are they fair ?? are they criminals ?
were they here before 1900 ?

it is like ,,, you are from NEWYORK and some one came from TEXAS OR CHICAGO and told you my grandfather lived in your house all his life therefor I am going to take your house and it will be mine. and you stay in the street and you will never have the right to come back or to claim this house again.
Tell what would you do ? and how you will react ?
imagine this is not a house , it is a whole country.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
To Everyone here in brief
there was no nation or a country called ISRAEL before moses
and the land PALESTINE inhabited by the Palestinians.
and then they established a state there and it last for 800 years.
this is all their history in Palestine.
even if you are talking about the name , the name does not really matter, but the people who owns it.
Palestine is part of the arab world , the jews do not belong to this region , they are like a cancer.
one hundred years ago there was no jews in palestine
they moved to palestine under the british mandate for the country, and after the europeans killed them , slaghtered them.
we did nothinhg to the F c u k ing jews.
All what we got , we lost part of our home - Palestine -
we lost millions of people killed in the wars by these F c u k ing jews.
innocent and victims get killed everyday by them.
children , women , old people get killed everyday.
civilians get killed everyday.
AGAIN there was no F c u k ing jews in Palestine 100 years ago.
they packed them in ships from Europe to Palestine , specially from Germany , Austria , Poland , and some of the arab countries.
Palestine was occupied before by the European crusaders for more than 83 years but SALADEEN saved it and got it back ( GOD BLESS HIS SOUL)
about the rights. :::
the arabs occupied SPAIN for more than 1000 years.
does this give them the right to claim spain back ????
the jews of the present time are not the jews who are the cousins of the arabs therefor they do not belong to this region.
they are welcome to live under our control , but not to control us in our home.

Who told you there weren't Jews in Palestine a hundred years ago?

Do you actually know any Palestinians?

There were Jews in Palestine, ethnic Arab Jews.

Havn't you ever heard about how Arab Jews are treated as second class citizens in Israel, like Arab Israeli Muslims in the same manner?

Here's an excerpt:

at the time of the 1922 census [2] and concentrated in the Beersheba area and the region south and east of it), as well as Jews (who comprised some 11% of the total) and smaller groups of Druze, Syrians, Sudanese, Circassians, Egyptians, Greeks, and Hejazi Arabs.

Okay screw it, ES and the hermaphrodite admins o this board won't allow parantheses in hyperlinks so I cannot directly link the the wikipedia article:
use this as a keyword search:
Palestine (mandate)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Look under

# 1 Establishment of British League of Nations
mandate

and

#6 Population of the British Mandate of Palestine

To find the copy and paste part of the webpage. I really tried to make it more direct.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On another note:
I really really wonder here, and I am wondering with great difficulty how a young Arab like king-snefru could have possibly been so greatly misinformed that Jews, Arab Jews were living all over the Middle East and North Africa during the last century. These Arab Jews didn't just appear on a boat from Europe, they had never left the Arab world.

Yet when Israel became a nation (illegally) every single nation in North Africa and the Middle East threw back colonization. The first thing these independant sovergn nations did was expel Jews and Christians with great force.

Tunisia was half Muslim and the other half was Jew & Christian. Yet within months of independance every Jew and just about every Christian (except for a few hundred) had been put on a boat to France, forcibly.

This happened with all other North African and Middle Eastern nations except Lebanon, Syria, and Egypt (though most Jews in Syria and Egypt left promptly).

Why did this happen? And why have young Muslim Arabs like king-snefru been lied to about these events?

Why?

edit:

By the way King Snefu, it wasn't Saladin who pushed out the last of the Franj (Crusaders) it was Baibars who pushed off the last Franj King and finally rid the Arab East of the Franj.

Saladin was the one who had his brother negotiate with King Richard. All the great Crusader and Ayyubid stories are about Saladin, thats why his name comes to your mind so readily.

I just put down my 8th book on the Crusades. I just can't stop reading about it.

king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Oh for god sake sonomode
are you sick in your mind ??
really you have something wrong with your brain.

I feel like you are in a different world .
are you here with us on earth ?
I am talking about before the year 1900 nad you say 1922
I am talking about SALADEEN who started the independance wars and you talk about the last leader and all these things.

And this is about tunisia

has had a Jewish minority since Roman times. In 1948 the Jewish population was an estimated 105,000, but by 1967 most Tunisian Jews had left the country for France and Israel, and the population had shrunk to 20,000. As of 2004 an estimated 1,500 still remain, particularly on the island of Djerba (noted for its synagogues), comprising the country's largest indigenous religious minority.

SO please GET UP and stop sleeping.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Oh for god sake sonomode
are you sick in your mind ??
really you have something wrong with your brain.

I feel like you are in a different world .
are you here with us on earth ?
I am talking about before the year 1900 nad you say 1922
I am talking about SALADEEN who started the independance wars and you talk about the last leader and all these things.

And this is about tunisia

has had a Jewish minority since Roman times. In 1948 the Jewish population was an estimated 105,000, but by 1967 most Tunisian Jews had left the country for France and Israel, and the population had shrunk to 20,000. As of 2004 an estimated 1,500 still remain, particularly on the island of Djerba (noted for its synagogues), comprising the country's largest indigenous religious minority.

SO please GET UP and stop sleeping.

Actually the Arabs from Baghdad or Mosul or even al-Fustat could care less about what the Franj did.

It was the princes and emirs who didn't have such luck gaining enterance to the Baghdad or Mosul courts who ended up fighting over ports and rich agricultural kingdoms.

The Seljuk Turks who actually fended off the Franj first, to any degree that didn't include collaboration.

his irruption was a major factor in bringing about the Crusades, during which a three-part struggle among Christians, Seljuks, and Egyptian Mamluks developed. Alp Arslan's son, Malik Shah (reigned 1072–92), ably administered and developed his huge empire; he was a protector of Omar Khayyam, who reformed the calendar at his behest. At the start of the 12th cent. the Seljuk empire began to fragment, and various parts achieved virtual independence. The attacks of the Khwarazm shah led to the final downfall of the empire in 1157.

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/society/A0861664.html

So the Crusades came in long before SALADEEN did fight off the Crusadors. There were fights for independence, but the assassin managed to get to any reasonable military leader before any real fight happened.

And if you read carefully on the crusades you'll notice that there were Jews in the Lavant during this time, and they stayed long afterwards.

The physician who attended to SALADEEN ails in Cairo:

It was only after 1185, when he was appointed one of the physicians to al-Fadil, who had been appointed vizier by Saladin and was virtual ruler of Egypt after Saladin's departure from that country in 1174, that his fame began to spread. As a physician, Maimonides was a strict rationalist, producing numerous treatises that were translated from the Arabic into Hebrew and Latin and helped spread his fame in the West. This is reflected, perhaps, in the legend that he was invited to become royal physician of England by King Richard the Lion-Hearted during the Second Crusade.

http://www.thirteen.org/heritagedvd/ej_1.html

Yes maimonides was from Spain, but his lineage shows he was North African and thats why his family along with other Jews left with the Moors, because they were Moors.

Get over it, Jews are ethnically Arab and there isn't anything you can do about it now. [Roll Eyes]

king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
You are really on MARS !!!!!!!!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com