EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Thinking of going 2 Egy 4 a couple months.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thinking of going 2 Egy 4 a couple months.
ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ThePinkCamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of skipping this term in schoool and going to Egypt for a couple months. I lived there for a year back in 2000-2001 so I am pretty familiar with it.

This time will be a bit different than last time. I had some girlfriends to stay with while I found an apartment. The school actually found it for me so I didn't have to go wandering around. I lived with a bunch of other Muslim women who were there to study Arabic. We had a great time but I don't think most of my friends are still there. I won't be using the school again (I need a break from study)so I can't use their apartment search services. I am not sure what I am looking for exactly.

On one hand, I want to be able to travel around Egypt and explore things I didn't last time. On the other hand, I think I will be bored and lonely with no friends there. Yes, I can make friends but most of them will most likely be busy with school or their lives and not able to explore. The backpackers and expats and I don't really have alot in common - I don't drink or hang out with men.

I am not sure if I should get an apartment or if I should just take some cheap but clean and safe hotels. (I am not even sure if I should take off this term because I will have to give up my very nice university apartment. This is a side issue though.)

I have a couple questions I have been curious about that have nothing what so ever to do with my decision to go or not to go to Egypt. I have just been wondering and think you guys could give me some feedback.

1. What are people saying about bird flu?
2. I was wondering if alot more women wear hijab since I was there (2000-2001). It seems so but I don't know.
3. Has it gotten worse for women walking in the streets? I saw some posts here that made it seem so.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No changes than 200-2001 and never worry about the others saff some people said, just come and enjoy your time and you will always be free and no one will create any problems for you, cairo getting bigger than before but still safe. you never need to wear hijab...
Posts: 233 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePinkCamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't expect any problems so that is good. I was just asking about the numbers wearing hijab out of curiosity. As a muslim woman myself, hijab is not something strange for me lol. I would most likely wear it in Cairo.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
hijab is part of Islam but the most important rule you believe on it and do it without any one pushing you or force you to do it,
So that is completely personal issue and up to you... but sure they getting more and more every day and still a lot never wear hijab....
I am Muslim and I do not like the way they do it , so you can say I am against hijab with bad used of some ladies [Smile] wish you great trip to Cairo and if you need any information please let

Posts: 233 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePinkCamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, I know alot of the surge in wearing it is because it has become a fashion statement. I was just wondering about the percentages of women on the streets wearing it compared to when I lived there before.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com