EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Your dream home in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your dream home in Egypt
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's pretend you didn't have to worry about money, family, those kinds of things.

Where would you build your dream home here in Egypt?

I would choose an area on the North Coast, a large plot of land, directly on the sea.

I would have a sprawling 2 story Villa with an enclosed indoor garden area that included a jacuzzi, for winter time use.

What's your dream home like and where?

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well as money is no object I will have 2!! [Big Grin]

One of course in Luxor, cant decide whether to overlook the Nile or the mountain though [Confused] doesnt matter as I will build it high so I have a nice roof terrace which will overlook both [Big Grin]

It will be quite large with probably 6 bedrooms or more, and a pool, naturally. The garden will be very big and completely enclosed, with Mango, Lemon, Fig, Dates, Oranges etc and a small plot for hubby to grow various veggies [Big Grin]

The other mansion will probably be in Alex right on the coast so I can hear waves lapping all day and night. That will probably be a bit smaller as it's only for summer when it gets too hot in Luxor [Big Grin]

Oh and massive balconies everywhere on both [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I am consulting with my architect and interior designer before going into any "real" details. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's something about Alexandria that gets on my nerves! I don't like it at all! Except for the fresh sea air I really wonder why my mother is so crazy about it.

I would like a place at the Red Sea coast, away from the gigolo settlements, just in the middle of nowhere.

And an old fashioned but renovated apartment in Zamalek. I love Zamalek.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

I'm probably your mother's age MK.

For me, its the easy lay out of the city, the more "relaxed" atmosphere and yes, the sea breeze in the summer, and the howling winds in the winter.

I also like that it rains here more in the winter. It gives more of a seasonal change feeling than just the cold of Cairo.

Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
There's something about Alexandria that gets on my nerves! I don't like it at all! Except for the fresh sea air I really wonder why my mother is so crazy about it.

I would like a place at the Red Sea coast, away from the gigolo settlements, just in the middle of nowhere.

And an old fashioned but renovated apartment in Zamalek. I love Zamalek.

Me too. Though I wouldn't say it gets on my nerves but I would never be able to call it home. On the other hand I can spend the rest of my life living on the red sea coast.
Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A comfortable apartment in Zamalek with view to the Nile; and a "country house" for holidays in Aswan with big openings to view the sand dunes and the river, and a big garden with lots of flowers and trees and a huge quiosk for relaxing...
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really didn't understand the hype of Alexandria, there were nice parts of course, but like I always said, Alexandria reminded me of a plain woman wearing a lot of makeup. I much more prefer relaxing secluded areas myself, doesn't have to be VERY fancy or overly ornate, just nice. I visited Bermuda a few years ago for vacation and I must say nothing has ever matched it....done tastefully and nice memories of sand and sun and restaurants [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Smuckers, that's exactly why I want to move out of Alex to someplace on the North Coast.

The farther away from Alex you get, the more beautiful it gets. White sand, azure blue water, clear skies, and peace and quiet [Smile]

Forget Marina!

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my dream home would be anywhere my husband is.he lives in quesier near the beach on the red sea. if he is there that is my dream home [Razz] [Wink] [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awww you're such a softie micky [Wink]

laura, I know what you mean, sounds like an oasis [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I planned my home a long time ago but never had the money to build it. I would like an Arab style house with a central courtyard with fountains etc and birds. Four massive bedrooms upstairs all with en-suite around a quatrangle. Lounge, dining room, library, office, sauna, steam room, laundry etc and quarters for the bowab downstairs. Big garden with room for stray donkeys as well as chickens, cats and a couple of dogs. Wonderful. Planning rules would never allow it but I would like it at the bottom of the mountain close to the Medinet HAbu. Does anyone know what the next six winning numbers on the lottery are going to be?

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com