EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Dibetes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dibetes
kimbaha
Member # 12368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbaha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me is diabetes something that is passed down from generation to generation????? is it
common amongst egyptians that other countries???

Posts: 16 | From: england and egypt | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BM ® Bazoka machine
Member # 12757

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BM ® Bazoka machine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont believe in the Genetcis theory
i believe in The fate of Allah

Virtues of Belief in Fate and the Divine Decree:

Dependence on Allah when doing any action, because both the cause and effect are the result of Allah's decree.

Ease of mind and comfort, because when the individual knows that everything is by Allah's decree and that mishaps are going to take place anyway, his soul will be at ease and his heart will be satisfied with Allah's decree. No one has a more comfortable life, worry-free soul, and stronger confidence than a believer in fate.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cats In The Craddle
Member # 12627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cats In The Craddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diabetes rates are expected to more than double from 2005 to 2050, from 5.6 percent to 12 percent of the population, the most recent estimates suggest. That means that in about 44 years, over 48 million people in USA would be affected -and rates could go even higher if obesity rates continue to rise.Sad [Frown]

This epidemic is spanning all ages, even teenagers. And among older people aged 65 to 64, diabetes rates are expected to more than triple by 2050, and increase five-fold among those over 75.

The good news? Diabetes is completely preventable, and it is almost always curable if you're willing to put in some effort. It doesn't take expensive drugs or supplements, just lifestyle changes to make diabetes finally disappear.

Lifestyle changes cut Diabetes risk in half

Making simple lifestyle changes is at least as effective as taking prescription drugs in reducing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, according to a British Medical Journal study. Changes such as switching to a healthier diet and increasing exercise helped to reduce the risk of diabetes by about 50 percent.

The lifestyle changes were just as effective, or more so, than taking an anti-obesity drug or a diabetes drug among people at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

The prestigious New England Journal of Medicine also found -all the way back in 2002 -that lifestyle changes work better than drugs in treating diabetes.

Rates of type 2 diabetes are expected to double by 2030, so it is critical that you protect yourself from this pervasive disease. Diabetes is close to 90 percent preventable, as it is often a direct result of dietary and lifestyle factors. The sooner you begin to treat the diabetes, the easier it will be to control, so it is important to take action as soon as possible.

The most basic changes to make first? Restrict sugars from your diet while increasing your exercise.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-01/bmj-lce011907.php

Also, Red Hot Chili Peppers May Cure Type 1 Diabetes

This is only experimental work but this absolutely unexpected discovery that came out of nowhere- except that some Jamaican researchers learned about it some six years ago -showed that injecting the active ingredients in hot peppers, capsaicin, into the pancreas of diabetic mice helped them recover from type 1 diabetes, the most devastating and troubling form of the disease.

This is only 5 percent of diabetics, but the most challenging one as type 2 diabetes is virtually 100 percent recoverable with natural methods.

Believing there was a link between nerves and diabetes, scientists took a hunch on capsaicin, and they were right. The islets of diabetic mice began to produce insulin normally. This is all preliminary work though, but studies should be quick and there may be a product available in a few years.

And here’s the GOOD NEWS: Like ginkgo, capsaicin is a natural product so the likelihood of serious side effects is very small.

web page

Diabetes breakthrough

Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cats In The Craddle
Member # 12627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cats In The Craddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The New England Journal of Medicine: Diabetes At Least 90% Preventable

Nine out of 10 cases of type 2 diabetes could be prevented if people exercised more, ate better, stopped smoking and adopted other healthy behaviors.

The study findings suggest behavior is the main culprit in type 2 diabetes, also known as adult-onset diabetes, and that 91% of the diabetes cases that appeared among 85,000 female nurses could be attributed to habits and forms of behavior.

Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body cannot properly use the blood sugar-controlling hormone insulin. Obesity is known to be a major contributor to the condition. The most important risk factor, they found, was being overweight. The heavier a nurse was, the greater the risk.

But even having a weight at the high end of the normal range nearly tripled the risk.
On the other hand, physical activity showed a strong protective effect. Women who exercised for 7 or more hours per week were half as likely to develop diabetes than women who exercised for less than half an hour weekly.

How Diabetes Can Impact Your Health, and What You Can do About It

By Dr. Joseph Mercola
with Rachael Droege

Nearly 18 million Americans have been diagnosed with diabetes, 95 percent of who have type 2 diabetes, and amazingly half are unaware that they even have this disease. Since the majority of people with diabetes have the type 2 variety, this is the type that will be addressed in this article. It used to be that this disease would develop around the age of 45, which is why it used to be referred to as adult-onset diabetes, however now it is becoming increasingly common at younger and younger ages, even among children.

Along with the millions of Americans with diabetes, another 17 million Americans have "pre-diabetes," which is literally months to years away from progressing into full-blown diabetes. My concern is that being diagnosed with diabetes is becoming so commonplace that many people don't realize that this is a devastating illness that can cause a lifetime of health complications. Even more concerning is the fact that diabetes is close to 90 percent preventable, which I'll discuss later, yet is still on the rise.

There are several telltale symptoms of full-blown diabetes including:

Frequent urination
Excessive thirst
Extreme hunger
Unexplained weight loss
Increased fatigue
Irritability
Blurry vision
Frequent vaginal yeast infections in women

However, the absolute best test for diagnosing diabetes is the eight-hour fasting blood sugar test. It is absolutely amazing how powerful and sensitive this test is. I have checked over 10,000 blood tests on my patients and can tell you quite confidently that the fasting blood sugar should be below 100.

Previously I believed the fasting blood sugar should be 87. It now seems that the numbers should be closer to 80. My definition of pre-diabetes is when that number rises above 100. Traditional standards state that diabetes is formally diagnosed at 120.

With insulin levels, the lower the better. I like to see them below 5, but 2 or 3 would be far better. Any fasting insulin level over 10 is a major problem and is a huge risk factor for diabetes.

If you have diabetes, or suspect that you do, it is important to take measures to control it, or even reverse it, as uncontrolled or ignored diabetes can result in serious complications including:

Heart disease
Kidney disease
High blood pressure
Accelerates the aging process
Blindness
Stroke
Nerve damage
Blood flow problems
Loss of feeling, particularly in the lower legs
Burning, sensitivity and coldness of the foot
Higher-risk pregnancies
Coma
Even death

Further, diabetes can cause chronic liver disease and cancer of the liver, according to a study published in the February 2004 issue of the journal Gastroenterology. Researchers found that among diabetic patients, the incidence of chronic liver disease and cancer of the liver was about twice the incidence of patients without diabetes.

There is also a strong relationship between type 2 diabetes, obesity and depression. About 80 percent of people with diabetes are also significantly overweight and depression together with obesity is a strong risk factor for diabetes. It is clear that people with diabetes are more likely to be depressed, but whether it is a result of obesity or diabetes--or both--remains unclear.

However, diabetes is close to 90 percent preventable, as it is often a direct result of dietary and lifestyle factors. The sooner you begin to treat the diabetes, the easier it will be to control, so it is important to take action as soon as possible. In other words, if your fasting blood sugar is approaching the 100 level don't wait for it to go up before making changes to your diet and lifestyle. So what changes should you make?

The most basic changes would be to restrict all grains and sugars from the diet, while increasing your exercise. The primary focus on most diabetic diets has been on the relative amounts and types of carbohydrates and fat to include in their diet. But the problem with nearly all traditional nutritional studies is that they do not account for Metabolic Typing differences.

While nearly all type 2 diabetics need to swap out their grains for other foods, some people will benefit from using protein for the substitution, while others will benefit from using more vegetable-only carbohydrates. Therefore, along with reducing grains and sugars, determining your Metabolic Type will give you some insight into what foods you should use to replace the grains and sugars.

Exercise works by increasing the sensitivity of insulin receptors so the insulin that is present works much more effectively and your body doesn't need to produce as much.

Most people, especially doctors, tend to not appreciate how powerful exercise is. However, I believe it needs to be viewed like a drug--you have to be very careful with the dose. If the dose is not high enough, it will not work.

Making these changes in your lifestyle will help to optimize your insulin levels. As some people may know, blood sugar is only the symptom in most diabetics; the real challenge is to control your insulin levels. Once the insulin levels are stabilized it is common for the blood sugar to come back to normal levels. Along with controlling your diabetes, these basic lifestyle changes will also lead to several inevitable side effects like increasing your energy and normalizing your weight, so getting started today will likely lead to an increased quality of life on many different levels.

Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cats In The Craddle
Member # 12627

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BM ® The righteous machine:

Dependence on Allah when doing any action, because both the cause and effect are the result of Allah's decree.

Ease of mind and comfort, because when the individual knows that everything is by Allah's decree and that mishaps are going to take place anyway, his soul will be at ease and his heart will be satisfied with Allah's decree. No one has a more comfortable life, worry-free soul, and stronger confidence than a believer in fate.

So if your doctor told you that you were in danger of developing adult-onset diabetes, and that you should change your diet and lifestyle to avoid it, you would do nothing - saying it is all fate? [Confused]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kimbaha:
Can anyone tell me is diabetes something that is passed down from generation to generation????? is it
common amongst egyptians that other countries???

As far as I know, they have found a specific genetic link in families for Type 1 diabetes (the one kids get).

I think there is a tendency for Type 2 diabetes to run in families as well. But a lot of that could be the fact we learn our (good or bad) eating and exercising habits from our families.

I don't know if Egyptians have more or less chance of developing diabetes than anyone else.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are 2 different types of diabeties

Type 1

Type 2

Type 1 is normall contracted young and always requires insulin

Type 2 is sometimes called maturity onset diabeties and is cntracted in older people although it is incresingly affecting younger people. There is generally a family disposition for example in my family both my grandfather and father developed it as did I. Type 2 can be controlled by dit alone but also increasingly it is controlled by drugs and these can be insulin. Obesity is a defiante factor. So if you have Type 2 in your family staying fit and the correct weight is a really good idea. Type 2 can be triggered by things, in my case pregnancy but it can be illness or a fall.

Yes it is getting more common amongst all developing nations, Egypt included

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BM ® Bazoka machine
Member # 12757

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BM ® Bazoka machine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tream Lefty:
quote:

So if your doctor told you that you were in danger of developing adult-onset diabetes, and that you should change your diet and lifestyle to avoid it, you would do nothing - saying it is all fate? [Confused]
saying it's fate doesnt meatn to not take the medicine or change diet. but i am saying i dont believe in the reason of genetcics i believe in the fate.
Posts: 126 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
quote:
quote:

saying it's fate doesnt meatn to not take the medicine or change diet. but i am saying i dont believe in the reason of genetcics i believe in the fate.
Yeah, well, maybe God is using genetics to determine our fate. Ever think of that? [Wink]
BM ® Bazoka machine
Member # 12757

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, well, maybe God is using genetics to determine our fate. Ever think of that? [Wink]
may be
but genetics is not the only causes
God can use any other genetcis or any other cause . God can use whateva

Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genetics play a HUGE part so don't kid yourself, BM. If it works the way you think it does, why then do families usually suffer the same types of illnesses generation upon generation? Cancer and diabetes are just two that come immediately to mind.
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cats In The Craddle
Member # 12627

What's amazingly sad about this study linking the persistence of type 2 diabetes to the lack of exercise: Diabetes patients, as well as those at risk of succumbing to it, still ignore the advice of their physicians who prescribe exercise.

Based on a survey of some 22,000 diabetics, more than 60 percent are not on a current exercise regimen. What's more, high-risk patients who obviously need it the most are the least likely to be active. Apparently, most patients still don't appreciate all the good exercise can do for their health, and many Americans remain absolutely delusional about it.

The presence of type 2 diabetes alone increases a patient's risk for so many heart-related problems -among them stroke and heart attack -it can slash their total lifespan by up to 15 years, particularly baby boomers.

Even the New England Journal of Medicine has acknowledged exercise and diet (ideally based on your body's unique metabolic type), working hand-in-hand, can completely eliminate diabetes.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-01-26-diabetics-exercise_x.htm

cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

may be
but genetics is not the only causes
God can use any other genetcis or any other cause . God can use whateva [/QB]

This doesn't go against anything having to do with God. Maybe you're confusing genetics with evolution? Just to prove a point, genetics is taught in the medical college of Al Azhar university. This has nothing to do with it.
If you make a sweater from red yarn and white yarn, and this composition causes the colors to bleed when it gets washed...that just has to do with the very basic materials that makeup the rug... Not sure if you got my analogy, but your genetics is just basically what's found in your DNA (you're makeup). It's very interesting how medicine and Islam do not clash, it's the lack of understanding basic scientific concepts or actual religious text that lead people to believe the opposite.

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cairobug:
It's very interesting how medicine and Islam do not clash, it's the lack of understanding basic scientific concepts or actual religious text that lead people to believe the opposite.

This should be the best statement I have ever read on ES!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
This should be the best statement I have ever read on ES! [/QB]

lol thanks MK, I just hope you're not being sarcastic [Wink]
Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com