EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Make a community list - Foreign Corps in Egypt!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Make a community list - Foreign Corps in Egypt!
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda a selfish thread, but I have slowly been compiling a list of foreign corporations/organizations as possible employers in Egypt.

Whenever you have a name or a chance to add to the list please do so. This would help alot of usernames with relocation!

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allianz

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=5360

One of the best companies to work for in the USA. I know some pretty darn difficult and arrogant people who have mellowed considerably after working at Allianz for a year. The company brought out the best in them!
http://www.allianz.com.eg/aboutus/

Head Office
Saridar Building
92 Tahrir St., Dokki
Giza- 12311
P.O. Box: 266 – Orman – Giza
Tel: (202) 760 5445
Fax: (202) 760 5446

http://www.allianz.com.eg/careers/main.aspx

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sono, whatever you do, don't come to Cairo looking for a job. Make sure the company/organization assigns you to there. The pay and compensations will be much more (which also could include a free plane ticket back to the US during your assignment time).

Good luck.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Sono, whatever you do, don't come to Cairo looking for a job. Make sure the company/organization assigns you to there. The pay and compensations will be much more (which also could include a free plane ticket back to the US during your assignment time).

Good luck.

Its a double edge sword Tigerlily,

1. Much more security and ease at settling in if employed.

2. If a foreigner is a resident of Egypt already they have priority to a position than a foreigner just applying for a position (this is actual law foreign residents living in Egypt and foreigners born in Egypt get priority over non-residents).

3. You sign a contract or agree to accept a job while in the USA for a position in Egypt, its much easier to retain contacts with the home office in case something happens in Egypt with the position.

From what I have been reading the pay and compensation is about the same no matter if you are already employed by a foreign corporation when you transfer to Cairo or if you are accepted for a job with a foreign corporation while residing in Cairo.

Expats have been known to take one position for a year and then switch to a differnt corporation/position the next year. Yet recieve an increase in pay/benefits. How many expats go back to their home country to look for a position in the same city they just left in order to get the same quanitity of pay and benefits? Doesn't make sense Tigerlily.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look Sonomod, believe me, I've been through that, I know how much many people make overseas if send with a company or they get locally hired. And I myself signed a local contract, money was great for Egyptian standards but it didn't came with any compensations like medical benefits.

And why do you think so many contractors are right now in the high dangerous area of Iraq?

Because the money they get offered is so tempting.

My husband spoke to few guys back when he was in Iraq about how much they make and through which companies they came. Believe me your head would spin if you knew how much money many of them sack in.

I was even impressed what kind of salaries DoDDS teachers make overseas putting in mind they get rent money and plane tickets and have such an easy work schedule.

My husband would go and work as a contractor in Iraq too - immediately - but he's still a slave for the Army for another three years. I am really glad he just took up two more college classes through the University of MD to stay competitive once he's retiring.

About Cairo's expats who were sent overseas: I never really met people who would switch employments rather they would finish up their assigned tours and head back home or to another location in the world.

Of course it's different with the people, the foreigners who get locally employed. You would also always strive for the best, wouldn't you?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Look Sonomod, believe me, I've been through that, I know how much many people make overseas if send with a company or they get locally hired. And I myself signed a local contract, money was great for Egyptian standards but it didn't came with any compensations like medical benefits.

And why do you think so many contractors are right now in the high dangerous area of Iraq?

Because the money they get offered is so tempting.

My husband spoke to few guys back when he was in Iraq about how much they make and through which companies they came. Believe me your head would spin if you knew how much money many of them sack in.

I was even impressed what kind of salaries DoDDS teachers make overseas putting in mind they get rent money and plane tickets and have such an easy work schedule.

My husband would go and work as a contractor in Iraq too - immediately - but he's still a slave for the Army for another three years. I am really glad he just took up two more college classes through the University of MD to stay competitive once he's retiring.

About Cairo's expats who were sent overseas: I never really met people who would switch employments rather they would finish up their assigned tours and head back home or to another location in the world.

Of course it's different with the people, the foreigners who get locally employed. You would also always strive for the best, wouldn't you?

I have no idea why you have decided to take a thread meant for the sole purpose of listing Foreign Corporations in Egypt into your husband's careeer in the US military (though in the past I have pointed out the degree you claimed to have is offered as an undergraduate degree not a masters and only at one university first offered in 2003) in addition to private contracting in Iraq through the US military.

The US military doesn't organize employment for Foreign Corporations in Egypt.

Though I find it comforting that your husband will take a position in Iraq instead of Egypt as you have claimed over and over and over again next year. (Though I don't want either the Coalition Forces, nor contractors in Iraq at all, its just personally comforting) To think he still has three more years enlisted he can't possibly be in Iraq and Egypt next year at the same time!

Government employment or contracting through a government body such as the military is entirely foreign to working for an international private corporation. Please keep it seperate!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com