EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Homosexuals in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Homosexuals in Egypt
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think the police deal with them fairly, unfairly?

Do you think that this "lifestyle"? should not be an issue here in Egypt?

Would you like the laws to be changed concerning this, stricter, more lenient? Is it really just a "victimless" crime?

Is it ok, if it's "kept in the closet" so to speak.

Has anyone actually seen a drag queen in attire, in public here?

I know this has been discussed here before, but it is always an interesting topic for debate.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not actually illegal. I don't think anyone has been charged and indicted for sodomy, just debauchery (easier to convict).

Its not really the laws that are at fault its how they are bended and twisted so the judge can convict without the human rights people making a case in front of the UN.

If these guys (specifically guys notice how women aren't charged) were charged and convicted of sodomy then thats when the UN would step in and Islamist would question or not there were 4 witnesses to the act of sodomy.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have seen a drag queen in Egypt - and he was Egyptian. He got on a service bus on the west bank in a woman's gelabyya and the other women in the car (all Egyptian) could not take their eyes off him.

Egyptians seem to have different ideas of what constitutes homosexuality than most Europeans do.

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm from Alexandria as well, and there are a few stories about a gay lord living in Cleopatra [Big Grin]

Laura, the majority in Egypt will always reject Homosexuality, due to the fact thats its an abnormal act.

at a certain point in time Homosexuality was rejected in the US and Europe, but now it's not.
You never know what the future holds for Egypt.

Personally I dont have a problem with homosexuals, its his private life not mine. yet I still think its wrong just for the fact that Homosexuality is denied by logic.

since human beings are not logical creatures, but emotional ones, under certain curcomstances Homosexuality in the mind of a homo makes perfect sense.

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura, all the answers to your questions you will find on www.gayegypt.com

I posted not long time ago that an Egyptian participated successfully in a drag queen event outside; I can't find the article though.

While I lived in Egypt I've never seen a 'suspicious looking' man, they are afraid of the police but homosexuals know which places to go to meet others.

Homosexuality will never be a normal and accepted part in the Egyptian society simply because it's against the religion and as we all know politics and Islam go hand in hand in Egypt.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
as we all know politics and Islam go hand in hand in Egypt.

Really? I didn't know that! But as long as you said it, it must be the case.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its not against the law to commit sodomy in egypt? i think it was against the law in the state of tx until pretty recently.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
its not against the law to commit sodomy in egypt? i think it was against the law in the state of tx until pretty recently.

It was against the law in Texas until recently.

Actually a bulk of Egypt's law is from French and British legal code. The NDP is pretty much against the MB coming into power so I highly doubt there will be the same type of Sharia law there is in KSA, pakistan or even Sengal (Sengal has the most reasonable interpretation).

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com