EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Okay, today is the day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Okay, today is the day!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have an app. with my haidresser (very nice girl from Belarus) today around lunch time and I AM GOING TO GET MY HAIR CUT SHORT!!!

Yes, it took me couple of months to make this kind of decision, after all it is pretty long, I let it grow for good 3.5 years now. But it's just too much work to keep it neat and I got bored because it's straight and not recommendable for a perm.

Well, I am kinda sad but I need this change. Hopefully the kids are going to recognize me after that! [Big Grin]

So how important is your hair for you?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
extremely important. I also have been growing mine for a long time, it is nearing my waist and i too wanted to get it permed but since it is colored it couldnt be done, soo practice practice practice with hot rollers lol.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Important. I had a short cut when the kids were smaller and I was teaching and going to school. All at the same time. I loved it. It saved me. I was finally able to look neat all day and everywhere without all the headache.

Now well, I'm not out as much. And my new cut doesnt take much time either.........so it's medium length, and a straight layerd cut now. I like it too. I do love that good cut and highlight ever so often. I feel like a new woman every time. [Big Grin]

Oh my hair is way more important to me now with my Egyptian. He LUUUUUVVVSS it. So that makes me want to care for it more. Anyone elses Egyptian like that?

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
id LOVE to have short hair... i loved jade goodys new style, but my hair is curly, so its easy to care for long, but when ive had it short i need to straighten or style it. even when i spent ages doing it, by the time id finished teaching an aerobics class i looked pretty much like side show bob! :/
Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has her dad's beautiful thick curly silky hair. She hates it. I love it.

It's no time no matter how much we straighten it, that its kinking up again. Little curls all around her face. (hairline) I even had to let her bangs grow out cuz she looked like she had horns 20 min later. LOL But she thinks like you do Mrs C. (side show bob!)

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does it look Tiger?? [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mines a BUSH . [Frown]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so easy to find a good hairdresser in Egypt...well one who can cut European hair. But I have managed to find one. He is male and works in Digla
I have my hair have short, and it is blow dried. BUT if you need him to use tongs....beware. They are gas..ie a flame heats a rod...much like a bunsen burner you find in the science room in schools.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually had my ends cut the other day, well around 2 cms, i had layers put in and im really happy with my hair now,, I invested in a hair dryer, i havent used one for years, and also got a hot air brush, so i can make it all curly, cool, im really happy with this,
I hope youre happy with youre hair tigerlily, id love to see a pic

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
quote:
I have my hair have short, and it is blow dried. BUT if you need him to use tongs....beware. They are gas..ie a flame heats a rod...much like a bunsen burner you find in the science room in schools.
eeeeeeeekkk! [Eek!]

I have wavy/straight (just wavy enough to be stringy), and fine hair. Reacts terrible to the high Texas humidity. I have found that Kenra's silkening gloss and a wet to dry straightener with Tourmaline and Ionic blades works amazingly good. It's in better condition now too using that thing. Go figure?

When I was in Egypt, it was all air dry. So in all my pics I have the horrible stringy hair. Once I tried to used a converter with my hairdryer. It burnt up. My guy had to buy me another to charge my cell phone. [Frown] Seems they all got a kick out of that. LOL But for one day..........I had straight not flat to the head hair. LOL [Smile]

Yeah Tiger..........Let us see how it turns out. I bet its lovely. [Smile]

foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I'll have an app. with my haidresser (very nice girl from Belarus) today around lunch time and I AM GOING TO GET MY HAIR CUT SHORT!!!

Yes, it took me couple of months to make this kind of decision, after all it is pretty long, I let it grow for good 3.5 years now. But it's just too much work to keep it neat and I got bored because it's straight and not recommendable for a perm.

Well, I am kinda sad but I need this change. Hopefully the kids are going to recognize me after that! [Big Grin]

TL, if you have been growing your hair that long it must be getting pretty long now. I am not sure just how short you are talking about getting it cut but I am wondering if you have the "locks of love" program there in Germany?? (Think that is what it is called) I know several people that have had quite a bit cut and then the hair is donated to this organization to make wigs for cancer patients (most of the times for children). I think it's a great program and it's getting more & more popular in the US now.

YR, You have very nice, long hair in the picture I saw of you. You should keep your hair long. It fits you!!

Mysticheart, you also have nice long hair. But I am curious as to why they could not perm it just because it is colored? I have highlights in my hair but I also have it permed. I have it permed on large rollers so it's just wavy, not curly. I admit, you have to take a little more care of your hair due to damage it can cause but I don't see why it couldn't be permed?? Unless, your hairdresser just recommeded you didn't do it because of your hair type, etc...

BTW, enjoy your trip to Egypt. And this new guy!! I am so curious to know who he is since I think you said you met him here on this forum!!

As for my own hair as I said I keep it highlighted and permed. It is shoulder length and I am letting my bangs grow out now to "try" to get it one length again. It takes me less than 10 minutes to style my hair which I like since I have to hurry in getting dressed for work in the mornings.
I think everyone's hair (especially females) is at least a little important to them because who doesn't want to try to look their best!!

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have poker straight hair, and its really fine. So it doesn't do much but hang when its long. I took the plunge about 6 months ago to get a crop, and I was surprised how much I liked it. And its really easy to do, and stays in place all day. I look shocking when I first get out of bed though!!
The only trouble is, I get easily bored, so now I'm trying to grow it again!

Oh well, here's to the next 3 years!!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love getting a haircut, only problem is some hair dressers here in cairo aren't as good in cutting straight hair...but i've noticed that they're really good with coloring--so they've been able to match my complexion well. I haven't gotten my hair cut in 2 months...that's such a long time for me--but I'm trying long hair this time.

TL: Let us know how it turns out! Be brave [Smile]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning everyone,

I look pretty! My hair now reaches up to the shoulders only and let me tell you it was really refreshing to do this kind of step. Since my hair is very fine it didn't have any volume being so long and it was really frustrating for me.

Actually my hairdresser was more sad than I was and asked me if I was really sure. Of course I was! Then she ask me if hubby was okay with that. Hm, hubby, of course, he's fine with everything what I decide [Big Grin] and anyway it's MY hair!

Alright, Irina, now cut it off before I have second thoughts!!!!

I brought my long ponytail (34 cm = 13.3 inches if anyone is interested [Wink] ) home as a *memory* dunno what I am going to do with it.

[Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by foreignluvr:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

TL, if you have been growing your hair that long it must be getting pretty long now. I am not sure just how short you are talking about getting it cut but I am wondering if you have the "locks of love" program there in Germany?? (Think that is what it is called) I know several people that have had quite a bit cut and then the hair is donated to this organization to make wigs for cancer patients (most of the times for children). I think it's a great program and it's getting more & more popular in the US now.

YR, You have very nice, long hair in the picture I saw of you. You should keep your hair long. It fits you!!

Mysticheart, you also have nice long hair. But I am curious as to why they could not perm it just because it is colored? I have highlights in my hair but I also have it permed. I have it permed on large rollers so it's just wavy, not curly. I admit, you have to take a little more care of your hair due to damage it can cause but I don't see why it couldn't be permed?? Unless, your hairdresser just recommeded you didn't do it because of your hair type, etc...

BTW, enjoy your trip to Egypt. And this new guy!! I am so curious to know who he is since I think you said you met him here on this forum!!

As for my own hair as I said I keep it highlighted and permed. It is shoulder length and I am letting my bangs grow out now to "try" to get it one length again. It takes me less than 10 minutes to style my hair which I like since I have to hurry in getting dressed for work in the mornings.
I think everyone's hair (especially females) is at least a little important to them because who doesn't want to try to look their best!!

I went to the salon and asked them to test it first so they put a little of the solution for the perm on the lower part of a small section of hair, within seconds it was breaking off. soooo no perm lol. I am far far to picky about the condition of my hair to have it damaged in the way that perm would have done, in fact im pretty sure i would have been bald if they had done it without testing it first. As for the new guy lol well i cant remember what name he posts under here and i will wait until i see him in person anyway. He had pm'd me and we immediately added eachother on messenger so i really cant recall what he goes under here, guess i should ask him hahahaha.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mysticheart, the same problem here. My hair won't take a perm well, I tried it three times the past 8 years or so. Usually the next day you wouldn't see I had a perm and one time it was done so bad that my hair started breaking.

I dreamed about lasting big curls for years..... [Frown]

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
haha yeah, well i keep trying these darn rollers but i am not very good at it. instead of nice curls i end up with a big mess of uneven things that resemble curls slightly.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
I had a friend. She is fair complected and red hair. Her hair fell out after a perm. They said it something to do with her complexion and hair type. But I still wonder. Anyone ever heard of that?

After my 2nd baby. I went 6 weeks later and had a perm. In one week it fell out. All of it. They said funny things happen after babies. But more than likely it was the surgery. Seems anesthesia has that kind of effect. I had never heard of that until then.

I have the kind of hair that curls so good. I have a lot of hair. But it is so fine and with just enough wave to mess it up. So.......it will curl beautifully on hot rollers. I mean perfect. But OMG 10 minutes later it looks horrible. If I hairspray it, it's even worse. I look like something out of a freak show. Or a girl that got stuck in the rain on prom night. I mean it is sad.

Sorry, just a few bad hair stories. LOL

Sorry Lazeez. [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com