EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Best place to live

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best place to live
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where would you say the best place to live in Egypt is and why?
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats a good question, i wanna know too. My guy says new cairo is really nice- but its far from cairo. and cairo is fun, but its crowded and disgusting and polluted.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zamalek is the prettiest. But native Egyptians have trouble dealing with all the security in parts.

Either that or Garden City.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Egyptians seem to like New Cairo, it`s clean, not that crowdy, no holes in the streets, and it`s something as a "most desired" place to live, it has a high level...(and they like that:))

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me there could only be Luxor. Cairo is too manic for me to live in.

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm biased and would say Maadi. It's green, quiet, you can go walking for hours, it has beautiful villas and you can easily spot foreign faces and join in with expat activities when you feel homesick. There is more visible police security on the streets, so in a way you feel safer (the Maadi Stabber excepted!).

Many expats don't like Maadi because they say it's too far from downtown areas, Heliopolis and Nasr City, but there are 3 metro stations and many buses (and taxis of course). It's possibly better for the expat with children and family or those preferring a quiet life, rather than single party people.

I like New Cairo, but I don't think transportation links are good enough yet - best if you have a car.

I found Zamalek to be good social wise, but too dirty and crowded, same for Mohandessin. I preferred going to those areas for specific reasons and then "retiring" to the peace and quiet of Maadi. Many Expats/Egyptians like Heliopolis, but I never found much of interest there except shopping sometimes.

This is a good article about Cairo neighbourhoods

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com