EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Ahram candian university

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ahram candian university
Silvia
Member # 12969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silvia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi , My name is silvia and I am a candian student living in canada and heard about a canadian universty that opend in egypt , and I really like egypt so I thought maybe I could study in that universty so I can live in egypt. but I was wondering if it is accredited in canada so I was wondering if anyone knows , or if anyone attends that universty. If someone can help me find out information I will really appreciate it , thanks in advance.
Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmedo
Member # 12713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmedo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.acu.edu.eg
Posts: 94 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvia
Member # 12969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silvia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u for the reply , I knew their website but it does not include that information , so if there is anyway that u can help me as soon as possible I would really appreciate it.or if u know anyone that could ask or goes there thanks a lot.
Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loula-bye
Member # 12965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loula-bye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silivia, it depends what do you by "accredited"; and which studies are you looking into. For instance, a pharmacy degree from there will be "accredited" enough to let you take the board exam (as for cairo university, for that matter) But it WILL NOT waiver that for you. You'll still have to go through the process of "equivalency" as we call it here. It is not exactly the same as if you graduated from pharmacy in canada.
it depends on your domain of interest really.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvia
Member # 12969

Rate Member
ya I am actually intersted in the pharamcy program and I mean if it will be the same as a canadian universty degree or will it be considered egyptian becuase it says that it complies with canadian requirements on their site but it is not clear it also collabrates with emeorial universtiy but it is still not clear , so do u know if it is equivalant as a degeree from here or will it be considered egyptian.Thank you for helping me.
loula-bye
Member # 12965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loula-bye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as a matter of fact, yes I do. Up until now it's just like any other egyptian university degree.
Anyhow, i think it might be better to ask the Canadian Board of pharmacy whether this has changed,

Posts: 17 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silvia, you are going into college and you can't even correctly spell the name of your country, let alone other simple words (forget about grammar and punctuation).

This gets scary, seriously!

[Eek!]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvia
Member # 12969

Rate Member
Thank you loula-bye for ur concern and for helping me , but I was curious the source where u got ur info , just to be sure becuase I really do want to study in egypt becuase I love it and I emailed the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada becuase they are the once that collabrate with the university, and I didn't get a reply , I emailed the university itself and didn't get a replay . Thanks a lot and I really do appreciate it.

Lauara thank you for ur post , but just to let u know this is a forum , not a formal document or an essay so it is okay I can write however I want , that why it is a forum ppl can write freely, so I don't think u have any right to criticise ppl on how they write , just a lil advice , if u have valuable info post it if not then just be encouraging because from what I know Egyptian ppl r nice and friendly and that is why I want to live there for a while because I love Egypt, but if egyptians r like u then maybe I will rethink that but I doubt it, I have been there and the ppl r nice.

Ahmedo
Member # 12713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmedo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only Thing I can say is that You better contact the University from the website and they will give you the true answers or Telephone the Information desk.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slivia, sorry, I didn't realize English was not your first language.

Carry on!

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvia
Member # 12969

Rate Member
Hi ahmad , I did contact the university itself and I got no reply from them , and I am not sure if it will be a good idea by phone because I am scared that they will talk to me in egyptian and I wouldn't know what to say, that is why I thought it is easier to find out information if you live in the country and speak the language.I really appreciate ur help and concern.

Laura , u know what , u r going off topic and yes english i my first language, not sure where u get ur info but anyways whatever u say that is not topic related I will ignore it , because I really don't have the time for nonsense.and I really don't understand why u have beef with me when u don't even know me.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silvia:
I am not sure if it will be a good idea by phone because I am scared that they will talk to me in egyptian and I wouldn't know what to say,

I have an odd feeling people in the Canadian University in Cairo know some English.

quote:
u r going off topic
[Big Grin]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loula-bye
Member # 12965

Rate Member
my source is a relative of mine in the pharmacy program; and he asked/
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am a Canadian living in Egypt and I know a little about this university.

First, yes, it is accredited in Canada. I think it is associated with a University in Nova Scotia.

so, yes your degree would be valid in Canada.

However, it is possible that they ask you to obtain an equivalency for your degree because you have done it abroad --even if it is from a Canadian U -- However, this equivalency should be only a formality but its a bit expensive to get.
If you look on the website of Immigration Canada, there is a link to the department which provides those equivalencies.

To give you an exemple: I studied at the American University in Cairo which is accredited in the USA. My degree is valid in the US and if I wanted to pursue my studies in the USA, they would credit my classes.

However, no matter what, Egyptian education is sub-standard when compared to Canadian and American education. Even at the Canadian or American U, do not expect the same level of education. Your future employer might not know that but personally, you will feel like you got less from your degree than if you had stayed in Canada.

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silvia:
english i my first language

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realitybites
Member # 12986

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for realitybites     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" Egyptian education is sub-standard when compared to Canadian and American education. " So what exactly brought you to Egypt annie_81 ??
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com