EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How to behave.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to behave.......
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I am one of the worst behaved usernames on this board, or any board for that matter. [Big Grin]

But seriously by class, gender, region or religion what is considered "behaving badly" and "behaving well"?

Just observations no hard and fast rules here, foreigner, Arab and Egyptian alike can add.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, 'behaving badly' is when people are rude, no manners (no pleases or thank yous) - going about their everyday business - I travel everyday on public transport and see a lot of people rude and obnoxious, spitting everywhere, pushing and shoving, swearing at the bus driver because the fare has increased. Things like that.
Also, 'behaving badly' is anyone who treats people like they have just crawled out from under a stone, people who dont care walking all over someone just to get somewhere in their line of work, they dont care who they hurt to get to their goal.
'behaving well' is someone who cares, who has a heart in the right place.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women who nudge,push and bang into you to get to what they want.
People who stare.
Everything about driving on the roads.
Women who search through fruit and vegetables dropping them on the floor without attempt to pick them up as they shop.
Children full who have obviously learnt NO manners as they barge past and into you.
Teenage girls who ignore kind gestures ie stopping to let them cross.
The complete absence of please, excuse me, and thank you from the vocabulary in all ages and classes.
Throwing any item of rubbish onto the street.
No respect for anothers property or belongings.
Throwing litter from car windows and disregard for where it goes or who it hits.
The inability to wait their turn in a queue.
The disregard for anothers rights.
Resorting to insults when challenged on behaviour or acts. 'It is NEVER their fault' always yours!
Complete absence of respect for each other unless their is monetary gain, or compliment as a result.
Parents watching as their children vandalise property and ignore it.

etc etc etc etc
Come to Egypt the best teacher of 'bad manners'
[Big Grin]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Behaving badly is

when someone doesnt say "sorry or thank you",
when someone is mean,
when someone is inconsiderate,
when someone has no etiquette or manners,
when someone has no rules or ethics,
when someone uses dirty language (but sometimes it can be fun)
when someone farts or burps in public (burping can be fun)

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree CAT, "sorry" and "thank you" are very important little words, and "please" is up there on the list too. [Smile]

To me good or bad behaviour is closely linked with respect. If you respect yourself and the people around you, their views and values, their property, their personal space, and the world you live in, then generally I think people behave well. Knowing when you are wrong, when you have gone too far, and not being too proud to admit it and to apologise. Being able to "rise above it".

Behaving badly, in my eyes, includes any form of disrespectful behaviour, selfishness, being inconsiderate, greedy, destructive, impatient, - making a fuss about nothing, always having to be centre of attention... [Frown]

Being motivated by revenge, disregarding other peoples feelings or deliberately setting out to hurt someone, snootiness...

Spitting in the street, arguing in public, insulting someone's parents, swearing profusely [Wink]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone who pees in the kitchen sink without removing the dirty dishes first!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Behaving badly is NOT informing a partner that you have HIV [Mad]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow necro pretty much hit the hammer on the nail [Wink] [Big Grin]
most of those get on my nerves necro, egypt is a smorgessboard of these things.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by get_over_it:
[QB] I agree CAT, "sorry" and "thank you" are very important little words, and "please" is up there on the list too. [Smile]

oh & "Please"...... i must have left it out [Frown]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com