EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Poddywat Kumquat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poddywat Kumquat
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and kids were watching tv. National Geographic channel I think. Out of the blue we heard this kids name. Poddywat Kumquat. [Eek!]

Ok I don't like to make fun of names. But this just cracked us up. Sounds like a nursery rhyme. LOL

Can you imagine that poor kid?

At a baseball game WTG Poddywhat! You're the man, Poddywat.

In school; Poddywat Kumquat come to the office please. Poddywat Kumquat ............

No offense really, but man some names just make you laugh. This is one of them.

Being born and raised in Texas I can tell you I've heard some real winners in my life. What are some of the names you've heard that stuck with you, or made you smile, laugh, etc?

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'll add another. One of my best friends grandmother's name was Francine Americana Higginbotham.

She used to be teased and called france in america and well, i'm sure you get the picture.

I remember one night. New Year's Eve or something. We were all partying. (long time ago) And everyone was telling funny names, family names, etc. Well we were at a country club on one of the lakes. There was a real mix of cultures there. All the way from hick to french to indian to mexican. I mean there were a lot of us there.

I cannot tell you how much fun we had. I wish I could remember some of them names. LOL

I even went to school with a kid name Harry Dick. Not kiddin!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awww,lol.

i went to school with a kid named BJ- i always thought that was funny.

and i know a girl named beanish. i just think thats an ugly name

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to high school with a guy named Clay Dix. God his parents must have either been stupid or mean.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was probably stupidity. my parents wanted to name me Shafaq (pronounced shaf*ck). the nurse told my mom it wasnt a good idea.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
went to school with two boys, one was named:
david david (ok maybe not unusual in egypt but it IS in the states)

and my favorite:
clint Jizzim (think about it).....
everyone changed the first name, left out the N
it was ugly.... [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a guy named Jake Smokabowl, and no I'm not kidding.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katanga we bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:

I know a girl called Sarah, she is the cutest thing ever [Cool]
Posts: 743 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:

omg Jake must have had his name changed...was he a burn out?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com