EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How can they do that?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How can they do that?
Gunz_Rulez
Member # 10075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gunz_Rulez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm an american living here in Egypt for about 3 years. I was a teacher in the U.S. and am now teaching here. I've seen a number of schools here and the main question I have is how can they get away with running a school without even a license from the Ministry of Education? I was working for about a month and a half in this horrible school claiming to have an "American Diploma Program". Although the school name has been around for a while, ORMAN ACADEMY, the AD is still new. I discovered that not only do they not have their license for the elementary and primary school, but they are not established at all even to be teaching these kids on a daily basis. I feel sorry for the parents that are paying 4000 LE for their kids to go there. It's basically like a babysitting club.
Posts: 57 | From: cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to egypt [Big Grin]
j/k no, I really don't know that much about this topic, I'm sure someone will come along with better knowledge... [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gunz_Rulez:
I'm an american living here in Egypt for about 3 years. I was a teacher in the U.S. and am now teaching here. I've seen a number of schools here and the main question I have is how can they get away with running a school without even a license from the Ministry of Education? I was working for about a month and a half in this horrible school claiming to have an "American Diploma Program". Although the school name has been around for a while, ORMAN ACADEMY, the AD is still new. I discovered that not only do they not have their license for the elementary and primary school, but they are not established at all even to be teaching these kids on a daily basis. I feel sorry for the parents that are paying 4000 LE for their kids to go there. It's basically like a babysitting club.

My ex "King Kong" pays out $7,000 USD for an American system of education. We belch out hoards of money this year and the fees are only going to go up.

But if he doesn't pay or my daughter doesn't come back to the USA, Dad (FIL, Grandpa) has threatened to remove his gonads. So King Kong works two jobs to afford it.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess they don't have educational standards in Egyptian Schools, but if it is legitimately an American Curriculum worth paying a lot of money for they will be accredited every few years by the New England Associations of Colleges and Schools or the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, etc. http://www.msache.org/ http://www.neasc.org/
In my state to be licensed as a teacher you have to have so many years of continuous teaching in a public or private school or be working on university courses to renew your license every 10 years or so, they stopped handing out lifetime teaching certificates several years ago. When I was going to teach overseas I had to make sure it was an accreditated school or they wouldn't approve that towards my teaching license renewal.

Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some examples of schools that clearly post their accreditation status: http://www.cacegypt.org/about/accreditation.html
http://www.acsamman.edu.jo/

They are both mentioned at the bottom of the pages, the latter is in the bottom right.

Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com