EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Dentists In Egypt, Who do you recommend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dentists In Egypt, Who do you recommend?
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone needs a great dentist in Alex, just let me know.

I went to one yesterday and I highly recommend her.

The clinic is clean, well equipped and staffed.

I even received a call in the evening from the dentist to make sure I was doing ok (had a root canal procedure done), and later the manager of the clinic also called to see how things were.

Rates are very reasonable, 350LE for the root canal, and 500LE for the crown that will be put in place.

Anyone else have a dentist they want to recommend?

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in finding a dentist in Cairo/Maadi..I just want a clean and polish.

Anyone know of someone in that area?

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valerie:
I am interested in finding a dentist in Cairo/Maadi..I just want a clean and polish.

Anyone know of someone in that area?

Dr. Ehab Hassanein (really excellent)
82 Mohey el-Din Abul Ezz st.
Mohandessin, Cairo
Tel. 3372780/ 7619196

His wife, also a dentist working in his clinic, does what you want, but I can't remember her name.

They are punctual and actually work with appointments [Eek!] . Make sure you arrive 6 hours earlier if you wish to find a parking space. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a really good one in Maadi..

Dr.Amr Abdel Azim
Dr.Ahmed Kaboudan
4, Rd 209,Digla,Maadi
Sat-thurs 09.00-15.00 and 18.00-22.00
Fri 10.00-19.00
They are available 24 hrs for emergencies also.
www.maadidentalcenter.com

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they speak english?
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah.

They are also highly recommended by Western Corporate Companys.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

I even received a call in the evening from the dentist to make sure I was doing ok (had a root canal procedure done), and later the manager of the clinic also called to see how things were.

Rates are very reasonable, 350LE for the root canal, and 500LE for the crown that will be put in place.

Unbelievable! I paid 2200 Canadian dollars for the same work. That's 11000LE. Somebody should start marketing Egyptian Dentists to foreigners as part of a tour package!
Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GetYourFilthyHandsOffMyDesert:
quote:

Unbelievable! I paid 2200 Canadian dollars for the same work. That's 11000LE. Somebody should start marketing Egyptian Dentists to foreigners as part of a tour package!
and I will bet you never got a "how you doing" call either.

If they ever do market them, I hope they get paid better than they do here in Egypt. It's sad how underpaid most of them really are. Yes, I plan to leave a generous tip with her, when the work is completed, as she does not own/partner with the clinic.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Wow Laura, I pay around 350LE just for a check-up with no work!
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW SWYS! That is very high, at least as far as rates are here in Alex.

I have been to several different dentists here in Alex, and my last visit, I had 4 porcelain fillings done for that price.

Didn't care for the dentist though, really a show off kind, and he sat and watched tv the whole time he was working on me.

Now my husband is different and not as picky as me, and he actually went to one dentist here in Alex and had a root canal done for 70LE. !! Imagine.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many dentists in Egypt are very skilled but are suffering from the bad economy.

Since there's no medical insurance for most of the Egyptians, they have to pay for the dental services themselves, so many people save the dentist expenses for other life obligations and therefore the dentist get too little income and most of them want to go abroad.

And that also explains why most Egyptians have such bad teeth.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As this thread is a couple of years old now, I thought I'd bump it for any new recommendations.

One of my teeth seems to have developed a crack or something. I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

So, any recommendations, preferably in Mohandiseen or nearby areas. Preferably speaks English if not American. Preferably works well with people who are big chickens when it comes to dental work. [Razz]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can highly recommend this guy>

http://www.cdc.com.eg/about%20us.htm

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wgyptsearcher
Member # 16685

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wgyptsearcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalia,
what about the prices there?

Posts: 1 | From: cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is expensive by Egyptian standards, but it's money well spent imho.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com