EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Magic wand

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Magic wand
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were given a magic wand to change something in Egypt what would you change and why ?
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY HUSBAND!
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why?

--------------------
PEACE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY ?good question
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would kill a whole lists or maybe whole districts in Egypt, or maybe kill them all ... Egys !!!!!
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
seriously i would like to see a halt on marrieges ..to many mockery ones ..u shud be married at least a year or engaged for over a year befor applying to come to hwere u reside i did mine was after 3years and ishould have made it longer ??????
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Originally posted by shahkerda:
seriously i would like to see a halt on marrieges ..to many mockery ones ..

Mockery ones are not exclusive to Egypt, you know ... However that was a personal choice ..people need to learn with choices comes responsibilities. [Wink]
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll let you know after I visit in May for a month insha'allah.

[Big Grin]

Tiger - what would you change?

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Stolen husbands, foreign wives: Mixed marriage, identity formation .
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would change nothing, as I'm not Egyptian. Instead I would wish for a decent, progressive democracy in which all the people of Egypt could thrive, respecting all citizens and shaping a prosperous future.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Last Knight
Member # 9918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Last Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall seed more courage in hearts of my people (Egyptians) enabling them to reject persistently when necessary

--------------------
Last Knight

Posts: 139 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would change all the sick, skinny animals, make them all have loving homes and lots of shelters,

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i could change anything in egypt with a magic wand it would be to change mens attitudes when women go out- AKA no harassment.
and I'd have central air conditioning everywhere.
and I'd get rid of the poverty, and the crappy salaries everyone gets.

then i'd come live in egypt.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Traditional, unrealistic, controlling, and unfair, views of marriage for some Egyptian parents.

A/C

Definately fix the whole of work issues. Every one deserves a fair chance to care for their families.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nationalize the crude oil and natural gas production, put the sale proceeds straight to infastructure and social services let alone education.

You can solve alot of future social problems by providing a base of good health, education and a safe childhood.

But hell we need Egypt weak or the west won't have a key alli in the ME right? [Mad]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by al-Kahina:
But hell we need Egypt weak or the west won't have a key alli in the ME right? [Mad] [/QB]

What? Wrong theory...look at Dubai...you don't think they're an ally of ours and they are not weak
Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
Instead I would wish for a decent, progressive democracy in which all the people of Egypt could thrive, respecting all citizens and shaping a prosperous future.

And respect towards all women, I would say
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make the pollution and all what's causing it disappear.

[Confused]

That's like, everybody in Egypt!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Widen all the streets and no more buildings without dedicated off street parking space,
Kick out the American, and Brit ambassador, boycott the UN, and close all the Arab embassies in Egypt, and undo everything that was done in the last 36 years

--------------------
Waleed
Welsafty@hotmail.com

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *tigerman*:
If you were given a magic wand to change something in Egypt what would you change and why ?

I would start with the issue of poverty, why should be self evident.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
Widen all the streets and no more buildings without dedicated off street parking space,
Kick out the American, and Brit ambassador, boycott the UN, and close all the Arab embassies in Egypt, and undo everything that was done in the last 36 years

------------------------------------------------
you sound so m uch like someone here recently ,

-------------------------------------------------

''MAY BE WE SHUD ALL RID THE MULTIPLE SIKOS THAT PROWL THE STREET ON WOMEN AND CHILDREN ....PAEODOPHILES IN MY BOOK !!!!HATE THE BSTEREDS ''

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would take the country back 50 years, when it seemed far more civilized and advanced then it does today.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I think about it, a change on someone I know in Egypt would be very useful for me [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:

Tiger - what would you change?

to rebuild or improve anything the project has to have a strong basis and a solid foundation ..and I think education and public awareness are the foundation for society building. so what I would like to change will be
Educational system starting from A to Z .

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by humanist:
quote:
Originally posted by al-Kahina:
But hell we need Egypt weak or the west won't have a key alli in the ME right? [Mad]

What? Wrong theory...look at Dubai...you don't think they're an ally of ours and they are not weak [/QB]
UAE didn't broker a so called Peace intiative for Palestine and Israel.

UAE doesn't sell their crude oil directly to the US military for 1/6 the going market rate.

UAE doesn't have a public law 480.

UAE doesn't have a secret Taba summit on ME issues twice a year.

UAE domeestic budget isn't supplied by the USA like Egypt's domestic programs are bankrolled by USAid.

UAE isn't the US's bidder or "special interest player" on OPEC which is why secret OPEC meetings are called without Egypt present or invited.

UAE doesn't have a US work lottery to bring fresh UAE citizens to the US for economic opportunity. UAE citizens go to the USA to shop and for health care, not to build a better life.

UAE dosn't have the same relationship with the USA that Egypt does.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
Make the pollution and all what's causing it disappear.

[Confused]

That's like, everybody in Egypt!

Make the pollution and all THAT'S causing it disappear. Tsk! Tsk! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by As Sihr:
Make the pollution and all THAT'S causing it disappear. Tsk! Tsk! [Roll Eyes]

That was a moment of thinking in Dutch. [Wink]

Thanks Alison El-Sokkary.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com