EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Money Market

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Money Market
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to learn about money market accounts.

Anyone ever do that?

Or this? http://www.gftforex.com/freetrial/

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The forex market...I'd never really heard of this, although I admit I'm a pretty conservative investor.

So I went to my financial bible (perhaps not the best, but one I can understand), Money Magazine. They just had a recent blurb on it this month:

Behind the Buzz
(MONEY Magazine)
By George Mannes
March 15, 2007 11:06 PM EDT

(MONEY Magazine) – THIS MONTH: Online currency trading

• WHAT IT IS Trading the dollar, the euro, the yen and other major world currencies in the foreign exchange market through websites such as FOREX.com and FXCM.com

• THE BUZZ Looking for a way to make money off a weakening greenback? Or maybe you're nostalgic for the excitement you once felt day-trading Pets.com? You've come to the right place, suggest the ads for these sites. The 24-hour Forex market has plenty of action. With 100-to-1 leverage—$1,000 up front gives you a $100,000 position—you can reap big profits from tiny shifts in value between currencies.

• THE TRUTH You can lose big too. Just ask Warren Buffett—a pretty shrewd investor, no? He lost nearly $1 billion in 2005 by betting the dollar would drop. "It's gambling, really," admits Forex hobbyist Rich Paredes, 32, of Wood-Ridge, N.J., who once lost $2,000 in less than a minute. A safer way to hedge against the dollar: foreign stock and bond funds.

• BUZZWORTHY?

Absolutely Not quite [√] Only if all the flights to Vegas are booked
From the March 1, 2007 issue

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/moneymag_archive/2007/03/01/8400893/index.htm

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slow growth, no load mutual funds with dividend re-investment is a nice way to go. Dump it in there and never touch it again. The ultimate in conservative investment.
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soma
Member # 12876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree yes that's it
The ultimate in conservative investment.

Posts: 88 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shebah:
I'm trying to learn about money market accounts.

Anyone ever do that?

Or this? http://www.gftforex.com/freetrial/

Big difference between Money market accounts and currency trading ....

unless you have $200K willing to loose anytime I would not touch currency trading even with a nine feet stick ....

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muby
Member # 12717

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Money market(Stock Market) which u trade on stocks for companies like microsoft , Dell, 3m, ...etc

but if u mean currency trading, then u mean the Forex, & it's very interesting than the stocks market,,,,u can make so muck money BUT IN THE SAME TIME U CAN LOSE,

Posts: 51 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com