EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How to negotiate a salary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to negotiate a salary
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After having passed many interviews I have finally received an offer for a job in Cairo that really matches with my professional profile.
The problem is that the salary they offered me is not what I was expected at all.
I have replied to their email, stating the minimum of money I was expected but still did not get any reply from them if whether they would eventually accept to negotiate the salary they offered me.

Which advices would you give me to try to get a higher salary? The thing is that now I am scare they would not get back to me, as my expectation may be too high.

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aXXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it depend on what is the job / and how is that company .. big and international or local company ? are u Egyptian or not ? and dont forget the emplyers always think that he/she can bring other with half of the salary he/she offered you [Big Grin] so my advice is .. accept any salary they offer you .. and when u already working dont give up trying to find better job.

--------------------
aXXo

Posts: 79 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is an international company and no I am not Egyptian
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aXXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if u are qualified and they need you .. they will accept what u ask for .. but dont accept less than the minimum u asked for ..

--------------------
aXXo

Posts: 79 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Thank you aXXo for your replies.

This is what I thaught too, the thing is that I do not know if they would be able to find someone who has simular skills and qualifications and if yes i would have to accept their salary. And what worry me is that they still did not reply to my email since yesterday evening so I am also scare that I may loose it all

aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
trust in urself .. if they give others good salaries .. so why not give you same ? and i guess because u are not egyptian they will understand that they cant offer you same salary they offer egyptians .. best of luck

--------------------
aXXo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com