EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What is the cheapest way to call the USA from Alexandria?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the cheapest way to call the USA from Alexandria?
nelle
Member # 11016

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need some help finding the most economical way to call the USA from Alex. I would need to spend up to 4-5 hours per day using the phone for business. I prefer to use mobile or landline because the internet is proven to be unreliable. The cheapest rates I can find are with a calling card for $0.39/min. That may sound cheap but do the math. It adds up quickly.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is nobody able to help my good friend Nelle on this one? Perhaps someone in Alex would have some advice? [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skype is fine with me

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree.... skype is fine!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soma
Member # 12876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try free call >>> www.freecall.com
Posts: 88 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nelle
Member # 11016

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tips. I will investigate them. Do you all find the internet to be reliable? The calls I will be making with be business related so it is very important to have a strong, clear, stable connection. I would prefer to use a landline or mobile phone with a calling card. I have used Yahoo Messenger from home (USA) and Yahoo cuts off constantly. That frustrates me very much (understatement).
Posts: 46 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you find .39 per minute? I spent over $3/minute from Cairo to Boston and paid well over $1,000 as a result in one month's bill!
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nelle
Member # 11016

Rate Member
http://www.gphone.com/recharge/main.asp?glo=travelexpp&aid2=lr5

This card has the best rates I have found so far. I have used it from other countries in the past but I didn't use it the last time I was in Egypt.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com