EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » a vegetarian (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: a vegetarian
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
It does make me wonder how a vegan is getting enough dairy but then again, I don't know enough about it, perhaps it's the same way with the protein and one can get dairy in regular foods they eat. Just a thought.

Vegans don't eat anything dairy. But there is no thing as "enough dairy" -- you don't need dairy products in order to survive. Many people on this planet can't even digest milk or dairy products.
Yea see, that's what I mean, I really don't know much about the dairy issue.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
human beings really get far too much protein in their diets as it is....

the non vegetrain normal meat-eating human does

the vegeetarin don take enogh phenyl alanine in the cereal cuz the qunitiy of phenyly alanine in ceral is not that in the meat

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you don't need dairy products in order to survive.

yes this is right but u will live with aneamia [Roll Eyes]

milk has calcium

where will u get calcium in veggies meal in equal qunitiy like that in the milk [Roll Eyes] ?

i don advocate be non vegetarin or vegetarian

just take the benefits of the two categories [Wink]

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Batman, non-stop, righteous machine:
quote:
human beings really get far too much protein in their diets as it is....

the non vegetrain normal meat-eating human does

the vegeetarin don take enogh phenyl alanine in the cereal cuz the qunitiy of phenyly alanine in ceral is not that in the meat

Sorry, that's incorrect. The entire reason the PKU positive patient has to take phenylalanine supplements is because they don't have the enzyme to break down the extra protein they consume.
I always laugh when someone says something about not getting enough protein, they really have no clue what they're talking about.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:
you don't need dairy products in order to survive.

yes this is right but u will live with aneamia [Roll Eyes]

milk has calcium

where will u get calcium in veggies meal in equal qunitiy like that in the milk [Roll Eyes] ?

i don advocate be non vegetarin or vegetarian

just take the benefits of the two categories [Wink]

Anemia is from a lack of iron, you can get this in so many things.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What makes you think you need milk in order to get your calcium? [Confused]

All green leafy vegetables, all nuts and many pulses contain lots of calcium; so do beans, cauliflower, fruits, salad, asparagus, cabbage, sunflower seeds, dates, ocra and many others. Sesame seeds contain a LOT of calcium! Dried figs, dates and plums are rich in calcium as well.

Also, the calcium in milk is, chemically speaking, attached to caseine, which is supposed to make its absorption more difficult. And pasteurizing milk is said to have an influence on the absorption of calcium into the human body as well ... so dairy products might not be the perfect source of calcium after all. And I hope you know about the negative effect of the consumption of soft drinks on the absorption of calcium. [Wink]

100 grams of sesame seeds contain about 780 mg of calcium, 100 ml of milk about 140 mg. Of course you can't compare directly because you consume sesame seeds differently than milk, but still it goes to show that dairy products are not the superior source of calcium they are often made out to be.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
The entire reason the PKU positive patient has to take phenylalanine supplements is because they don't have the enzyme to break down the extra protein they consume.

ur info is not accurately correct

quote:

Classical PKU is caused by a defective gene for the enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase (PAH).
The enzyme normally converts the amino acid phenylalanine to tyrosine. If, due to a faulty or missing enzyme, this reaction does not take place, levels of phenylalanine in the body can be far higher than normal, and levels of tyrosine lower than normal.

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

What makes you think you need milk in order to get your calcium? [Confused]

All green leafy vegetables, all nuts and many pulses contain lots of calcium; so do beans, cauliflower, fruits, salad, asparagus, cabbage, sunflower seeds, dates, ocra and many others. Sesame seeds contain a LOT of calcium! Dried figs, dates and plums are rich in calcium as well.

Also, the calcium in milk is, chemically speaking, attached to caseine, which is supposed to make its absorption more difficult. And pasteurizing milk is said to have an influence on the absorption of calcium into the human body as well ... so dairy products might not be the perfect source of calcium after all. And I hope you know about the negative effect of the consumption of soft drinks on the absorption of calcium. [Wink]

100 grams of sesame seeds contain about 780 mg of calcium, 100 ml of milk about 140 mg. Of course you can't compare directly because you consume sesame seeds differently than milk, but still it goes to show that dairy products are not the superior source of calcium they are often made out to be.

lol

The vitamin D in Milk is a form not that in the green veggies.

what in the veggies is precursor of Vitamin D whihc need UV light to make Vitamin D

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Batty. Why are you so anti-vegetarian? [Frown]

As I sit back and eat my koshary... [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin No More:
Hey, Batty. Why are you so anti-vegetarian? [Frown]

As I sit back and eat my koshary... [Big Grin]

u have Koshary in Cribside [Big Grin]

am not anti veegtraian i jus tell them eat meat 2 times/ year. they will be counteed vegetarian also [Roll Eyes]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
jus tell them eat meat 2 times/ year.

No way. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:

With a name like Smuckers write
I always laugh when someone says something about not getting enough protein, they really have no clue what they're talking about.

Protein deficiency in developed countries

Protein deficiency is rare in developed countries but small numbers of people have difficulty getting sufficient protein due to poverty. Protein deficiency can also occur in developed countries in people who are dieting or crash dieting to lose weight, or in older adults, who may have a poor diet. Convalescent people recovering from surgery, trauma, or illness may become protein deficient if they do not increase their intake to support their increased needs. A deficiency can also occur if the protein a person eats is incomplete and fails to supply all the essential amino acids.

[Roll Eyes] [Razz]

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

No way. [Big Grin]
Sources and function of proteins

Dietary sources of protein include meats, eggs, grains, legumes, and dairy products such as milk and cheese. Different protein sources have differing proportions of essential amino acids; therefore a variety of protein sources provides a full complement of the essential amino acids. Gaining all of one's protein from a single source (such as meat or soy) reduces the opportunity to gain a full complement of amino acids.

quote:
Gaining all of one's protein from a single source (such as meat or soy) reduces the opportunity to gain a full complement of amino acids.
this is excactly my humble point
vegetarian need to have meat at least 2 times/year

[Razz]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
A deficiency can also occur if the protein a person eats is incomplete and fails to supply all the essential amino acids.

This is referring to people who suffer from kwashiokor or any other serious deficiency due to eating a very unbalanced diet that's lacking in particular amino acids for a lengthy period of time. A healthy vegetarian diet will not lead to any deficiencies.
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
A deficiency can also occur if the protein a person eats is incomplete and fails to supply all the essential amino acids.

This is referring to people who suffer from kwashiokor or any other serious deficiency due to eating a very unbalanced diet that's lacking in particular amino acids for a lengthy period of time. A healthy vegetarian diet will not lead to any deficiencies.
it is not easy to reach healthy vegetarian diet with no meat/no milk/no egg system
Dalia*
Member # 10593

I don't believe this to be true, but if that's your opinion I won't argue.

You stay healthy your way and I'll stay healthy my way ... salam. [Cool]

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
slaam
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:
The entire reason the PKU positive patient has to take phenylalanine supplements is because they don't have the enzyme to break down the extra protein they consume.

quote:

Classical PKU is caused by a defective gene for the enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase (PAH).
The enzyme normally converts the amino acid phenylalanine to tyrosine. If, due to a faulty or missing enzyme, this reaction does not take place, levels of phenylalanine in the body can be far higher than normal, and levels of tyrosine lower than normal.

So how is it not correct? [Confused]
It's stating exactly what I said, that the missing enzyme to break down the protein is why the patients have the problems. They're on a very strict diet and have to watch everything they put in their bodies, because of this, dairy in the form of eggs, cheese, milk, etc. are excluded. The main reason they have to watch their diets is simply because the human body really only 'uses' so much protein in a 24 hour period.

You should find a PKU patient online and speak with them further, I have one in our family which is how I know.

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

So how is it not correct? [Confused]
It's stating exactly what I said, that the missing enzyme to break down the protein is why the patients have the problems. They're on a very strict diet and have to watch everything they put in their bodies, because of this, dairy in the form of eggs, cheese, milk, etc. are excluded. The main reason they have to watch their diets is simply because the human body really only 'uses' so much protein in a 24 hour period.

You should find a PKU patient online and speak with them further, I have one in our family which is how I know.

OK SMUCKY I SEE I MISUNDERSTAND UR POST NOW [Wink]
I JUS READ STUFF IN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylketonuria

[Smile]

magnona777
Member # 12466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

No way. [Big Grin]
Exactly NO way!!!
Posts: 431 | From: beantown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magnona777
Member # 12466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
u gotta eat lot of cereal to get that in animal sources.

so

i say vegetarin should brak their vegatrainism at least one time / 6 month to store some essential amino acids

this give u advantages from vegetarian n not vegetarin life.

And why do you have this 2x's a year thing???

I have not eaten meat in 17 years.. and there are people in my family who were vegetarian since birth.. And ALL of us are perfectly healthy !!!!
I have vegan friends who have been vegan for years... and they are healthier than ME!

Posts: 431 | From: beantown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm wrong but....I never heard of anybody dying of vegetarianism!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com